1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

We've Gone National Press.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Feb 24, 2017.

1. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

I would give up if I was you. You will only some stupid stat or riddle that will frazzle your mind and make getting pissed a waste of time.

Redprintt likes this.
  2. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Successful, or moderately successful owners like Jack Walker, John Madjeski, Mohamed Al Fayed, Dave Whelen and co and even good old Vincent Tan weren't football people but they were top businessmen.

They were successful with football because they were cute enough to know that they needed proper football expertise to come in to help them realise their dreams.

For our blinkered owner, the penny is sadly yet to drop. Unlike us who are perilously close to the drop zone.

3. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

Or could it be that SL has lined up LJ's replacement, so now its time to move ?

And, interestingly, there are a couple of prime Lansdown-style 'managers' knocking around.
    e.g is Warburton still available ?

Maybe SL has been boxing clever, waiting for the right moment to effect a change - well anything is possible, and its a rather more pleasant scenario than picturing SL crying all alone in his board room because he can't cope.
    You don't get to work with Hargreaves by being simple

Can I just remind people on here that without Lansdown bankrolling us, Bristol City would be a very progressive League 2 side with a tin shed for a stadium and butchers and bakers for playing staff

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    tiger-emyrs-wolf likes this.