1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

West Ham

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Master Betty, May 16, 2011.

1. Master Betty

Master Betty Member

How do you guys think we would do against the current West Ham side that's just been relegated?

With a bit of luck we won't be in the same league as them next season - but if they were in the playoffs with us right now would we stand a chance?

As it stands, I think we'd be in with a good chance of taking the game to them and winning, mostly due to their morale being shot. Realistically though, with their current squad they should beat us (and any other team in the Championship) every day of the week.

It's a certainty that they're going to lose a lot of players next year as the Chairman already said a few weeks ago that he would allow the internationals to leave if they wanted. How many will take him up on that though is anyones guess.

Personally, I'm not sure how they managed to finish bottom of the league and would expect them to bounce straight back up next year with a few replacement signings.

2. Master Betty

Master Betty Member

It's also interesting to see that Dave Jones hasn't been made favourite to take over for a change!

He's currently at around 25/1, with Brendan Rogers at 22/1 with Steve McLaren up at around 5/2.

Full list from a bunch of bookies can be found here.

3. H bomb

H bomb Active Member

We'd definately have a chance but at the same time its one of those games that could finish 4-4.
    Wont be easy for them next year with the inevitable top wage earners leaving and the financial losses. I read somewhere their debt could rise to approx £120 million (with a loan from the chairman) which would be hard to sustain in the Championship.

Interesting list of names though and with the Brady Bunch running the club none of them would come as a surprise. Might be worth a few quid on Ray Winstone at 500/1 :)

4. Master Betty

Master Betty Member

McLaren has ruled himself out now - so the favourite is Chris Hughton.

I don't really rate him and would be surprised if the West Ham board go for him - they do love a marquee signing.

5. H bomb

H bomb Active Member

McLaren probably saw the fans reaction to him :)
    Houghton could do a good job for them though. He was stitched up at Newcastle but he's got the Championship experience to fall back on but it depends on what squad he could inherit too.
    Everything the Brady Bunch does seems to revolve around themselves (with the exception of Grant) and not the club but I think they'll have a job on their hands to land that marquee signing...at least for the time being anyway. Will be interesting to see how that one develops.