1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread West Ham v Watford

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Mexican Hornet, Sep 7, 2016.

1. brian_66_usa

brian_66_usa Well-Known Member

You should try and think a litle bit out side of the box ,If you had an area, lets see call it a " singing section " then most people will think that most of them will stand up even the stewards .Then most of the rest of the ground can be asked to sit down more .No One at the club can condone it so there is no problem with insurance .Im sick of hearing that "its not the fans causing the problem" . Its great to see your club has said it will do everything it can to ban them for life.

2. brian_66_usa

brian_66_usa Well-Known Member

Please get together with all you know and tell the club they must let it Kick off big style The press will have a field day

3. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

Consider it was the fans causing the violence, why have all the problems been concentrated around the stewards and not the unsegregated and undefended away fans? the fans will get the blame, of course, whilst the heavy handed and bias stewarding (no one gets told to sit in the away end, just the home one) will be ignored, much like opening the gate at Hillsborough was ignored for decades.

4. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

From what I read only, some stewards who went to the new ground from the old are not happy in part because they are told they do not work for the club anymore, but for the stadium. It seems that extra security measures had been put in place before yesterday, yet they complain that instead of getting a regular place where they get to know the fans, they are now being sent around the ground at random. I also read that some fans feel that they are being pushed aside by the owners who wish to attract the high worth corporate visitor. The owners do need to take action to resolve these problems, as stewards complain they feel threatened that they will be injured, and the fans are far from happy if they feel that their club is being taken away from them. Seeing the number of empty seats 10 minutes from the end is something that always draws comment. It suggests that the fans have given up, and that surely gets passed to the team. Unhappy fans are always more likely to get involved in trouble than those who leave feeling that the team did the best they could on the day.

5. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

It needs to be sorted out before bigger teams go there and there is worse trouble.

I just donĀ“t want it to take anything away from what was a great result for Watford.

6. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

An interesting perspective from Hammers fans - not a lot on the game itself, but more on the fans' reaction - dissolving smiles, disaffection with the stadium and the manager's tactics. There only seemed to be a small percentage who object to having to sit though...

I have to say that I'd be gutted if we decided to move to a monstrosity of a stadium like this.

Markthehorn likes this.
  7. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

It's a nice ground but not really suited for football and clearly run by people who probably have never organised a group of football fans..

8. Bolton's Boots

I'm not sure of the logic in that - I thought that the ticket allocation for visiting fans was the same percentage for all clubs? We sold our allocation and could have sold more...

Mexican Hornet likes this.
  9. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

The allocation would be the same for all visitors, however West Ham fans have a history of bad blood with the likes of Spurs, Chelsea and Man. Utd which they don't have with us, so lack of segregation could be more of a problem there.

10. Bolton's Boots

So it's not really an issue of 'bigger clubs' - more one of clubs with nastier fans...

11. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

Exactly. There are big clubs with large nasty elements eg. Chelsea, Man. Utd, Glasgow Rangers and those which are less so eg. Arsenal. There are also small clubs with the same eg. Millwall, Burnley etc. as against friendly old Brentford. We are no longer so small, but we are, on the whole, friendly.

12. Bolton's Boots

On the subject of Glasgow Rangers, their return to the SPL brought some damage to Celtic's ground on Saturday - their fans ripped out some seats - but it also brought some shame on Celtic fans thanks to this...

celtic.jpg

There's a law in Scotland called the Offensive Behaviour at Football law - if this doesn't contravene it, I don't know what does, yet no action has been taken yet as far as I'm aware. :(.

13. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

14. Big Ern

every shot of Watford fans shows them all standing, why didn't the stewards go in and start throwing your fans out.
    That is the problem.

15. yorkshirehornet

There seems to be a convention at many grounds in the Prem that away fans are allowed to stand in some or all parts of the allocation but that home fans are required to sit in most areas. It is not clear and drives me as an older person with a bad back mad.... last season I only managed to sit at one away venue.

16. Bolton's Boots

17. Big Ern

18. yorkshirehornet

One for our politics thread? ;)

19. Big Ern

the constant retraining of useless incompetents who will never be able to do their job is my pet hate. you can get sacked for calling them 'a ****ing incompetent twat' though, as I have found out to my cost more than once.

20. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member