1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread West Ham United v Swansea City

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Apr 5, 2017.

1. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

It went wrong when Morgan allegedly shagged Dyers wife which ended up in Monk getting sacked.

swanseaandproud and Stumpy like this.
  2. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

maybe that was his plan, sell your club to people who call it soccer, and therefore know nothing about the game, let them make decisions that get you relegated, then buy it back at a fraction of the original price.

3. swans-m

swans-m Well-Known Member

Not a chance. There will be a full scale riot if Huw and co buy the club back after what has happened this year. They are seen as sellouts and Judas' by the majority of fans. Most of us want them away from the club as it Is, never mind them taking back control.

4. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

Our goal difference is now better than Hull's. We'll be fine...<whistle>

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  5. EastneyPFC

EastneyPFC Well-Known Member

I really hope you survive - Sunderland have gotten away with being dross for years and finally are getting what was due - you however, that can't be said of - up until this season you have always been a pleasure to watch, neat passing football with an end product - best of luck.

6. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Just can't get my head around todays' performance. We showed no fight what so ever. We had no dynamism in midfield and our attack had less penetration than a pissed eunuch in a brothel.

Not one of our players seemed to be aware that we are in a dog fight. West Ham were just as bad, they were terrible in fact, nervous and there to be taken out but we let them off the hook. Instead of giving them a game, attacking them, chasing them down and scaring them to death we gave them instead a non contact training session. Just when we realy need to start fighting for our premiership lives, we play like a team with nothing to play for, a team who's already on holidays and coasting to the end of the season, job done.

They played today like they've already given up, what an abject performance.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  7. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

But our football isn't, we will not be fine, you clearly didn't see what we served up!...........<ok>

swanseaandproud likes this.
  8. DragonPhilljack

Exactly how I saw it too, unbelievable shift given the circumstances, and the one damning stat is that we had just 1 shot on target in 95 minutes of football, that tells you all you need to know about our players today, disgraceful shift, I'm ashamed, most of them are not fit to wear our shirt......<ok>

ValleyGraduate12 and Stumpy like this.
  9. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

It was tongue in cheek, I've added a whistle <whistle>. I think we'll be down. But I suppose you could say we're no worse off than at the start of the day.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  10. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

This has been coming for a few seasons not just this one.....We have been more concerned with building the club into a premiership set up and they have done a great job in making us one of the best ground facilities in the premiership.......But unfortunately the club has forgotten to invest enough in the playing side and brought in players not good enough or not suited and this has been happening for a number of seasons and like predicted by a few of us it has finally caught us up. We can all blame Huw which imo is spot on but at the end of the day the club did nothing about it and backed his judgement and to top this off the club has asked Huw to carry on running the club........We are not relegated yet but it is not looking good but watching the game today we look a beaten side waiting to be put out of our misery and the next two fixtures imo will settle things once and for all.......

11. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Just got in after coming back from The Liberty watching the Ospreys.

Can't believe that I'm reading that there was a lack of effort & drive from the Swans today......... At least the Ospreys gave it all they got even if they came up short.

The way it's going the Swans will get relegated and the Ospreys will fail to make the PRO12 play offs.......

12. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

Foxes fan in peace. Really hope you stay up. Your club have played good football in the right way for a number of seasons. I still think you have enough as your remaining fixtures still give you a chance and crystal palace although they had a small uplift recently still have by far and away the worst run in.

Its not over yet. Best of luck

13. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Anyone know what's happened to Leon? Is he injured? I cannot believe that the shower of $hit like Ki and Fer keep getting picked over him every week. We are in a dog fight, and we need our general back to lead the way.

14. DragonPhilljack

To be honest I haven't a clue regarding Leon, but I did spot him on the bench a few games back?

15. swanseaandproud

Leon would not change things Valley. The whole team needs to perform not a single player....Gylfi has not produced his best and is just waiting for the season to end so he can leave. Llorentte was miles off the pace and don't look as if he is bothered anymore and if it was not for Fab today who was man of the match we could have been beaten by more....We look a team that lacks any direction and motivation. There is no urgency about them and that's the sad part.....Anyway nothing is decided yet but I feel it is only a matter of time if Clem don't install some urgency and grit into the side.....The bookies now make us odds on to take the last place and I cant make an argument to contradict that...

16. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

I didn't see the game but his comment:

"Llorentte was miles off the pace and don't look as if he is bothered anymore"

...seems harsh when the man is coming off the back of an injury don't you think?

17. swanseaandproud

No not really he should be back up to speed in training and if not then don't play him......He should not have lost any pace in the short time he has been out anyway, Many players slot back in after a short time off.....

18. Newportswan

Newportswan Well-Known Member

Sorry but none of you are sportsmen. You dont know what it takes to get back up to full fitness. I remember George Foreman saying after he was beaten by Ali in his first fight back against Ron Lyle, in which he was knocked down a couple of times. It takes a while to focus and get back to your best.

Kifflom! and ValleyGraduate12 like this.
  19. swanseaandproud

We are talking football here <laugh> what has boxing got to do with anything ..

20. Newportswan

Newportswan Well-Known Member

Why do I bother with you. Boxing is a sport. This is the last time I interact with you and your stupid <laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>