1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread West Ham United v Swansea City

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

upload_2017-4-5_21-42-52.png West Ham v Swansea City upload_2017-4-5_21-42-52.png

Barclays Premier League
    Date - Saturday 8 April 2017
    Kick off - 15:00
    Venue - Olympic Stadium

Following Wednesday's heartbreaking late 1-3 defeat at home to Spurs, Paul Clement must lift his team for Saturday's visit to West Ham.

Another defeat on Saturday would surely mean that the Swans are staring down the barrels towards relegation. What the Yanks must be thinking is anyone's guess - but they've brought this on themselves by accepting at face value the "strength" of the squad and with the ridiculous appointment of Bob Bradley.

With both West Ham & Swansea out of form, the outcome is difficult to predict - but victory for The Hammers would make them pretty safe, and leave the Swans to target only Hull and Palace as possible candidates to overtake and save themselves. My forecast is West Ham 3-1......

Kifflom! and DragonPhilljack like this.
  2. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Sorry for the abridged opening post, not really in the mood.....

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  3. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Is there any point with a match thread anymore taff....<wah>

4. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Understandable Taff, after the way Clement handed Spurs a 'Get out of jail card', he's starting to look a right nugget where subs are concerned!.........<ok>

5. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

To hell with it it's sh*t or bust now 1-3 <cheers>

6. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

My opinion is that the loser of this match is going down and, tbh, if you can't beat us, you deserve to, we are as bad, if not worse, than any time I can remember in 30+ years.

7. DragonPhilljack

I believe our fate will be sealed now before the last game of the season. The real blame lies with our board, at least the Plastic will now piss off, the atmosphere at the Liberty has been poor for a few seasons now............<ok>

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  8. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

How would you know? <laugh>

But you're right. The blame lies squarely with Jenkins and the Board. You can't blame Clement in the next breath after saying that.

9. DragonPhilljack

What do you know about footy? You never leave Lesbos!!!!.........<laugh>

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  10. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

We are worst......look where we are !!!!! we wont get out now......I blame Clements inability as a manager 100%.....He is crap.......Look at our last 5 games ffs........If that is what you call good then maybe he will keep it going and we will finish rock bottom...<laugh>

11. Kwame B

Kwame B Well-Known Member

1 point from Hull, Bournemouth and Boro was the real killer for us. Can only see a defeat against West Ham sadly, the obligatory Andy Carroll goal no doubt followed by an Andre Ayew double. 3-0.

12. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

13. Newportswan

Newportswan Well-Known Member

I must admit it is hard to feel optimistic at the moment. But look at the freak results some one could of become rich betting on some of the games. Would anyone have put money on Palace winning at the Bridge? Or our result at Liverpool. Its not over yet there are a few more twists to come maybe we are in for a last game nail biter against West Brom I for one would take that now.

14. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Why the constant attack at the new followers of the Club , I bet some will hang around a lot longer than the so called die hards who "can't " get hold of tickets or "I was there when there was only 2500 down the vetch " brigade . Hoping that so called plastic fans disappear really doesn't make any sense, you'd rather a half empty stadium of real supporters than a full one .

15. DragonPhilljack

swanseaandproud likes this.
  16. DragonPhilljack

Yes, these were the games we rightly targeted as picking up points to stay up, but we failed miserably..........<ok>

17. Big Ern

if you think West Ham will only concede 1 goal, you haven't been paying much attention lately. 23 conceded in last 10 matches.

18. DragonPhilljack

So are you saying you would put money on a Swansea win? Just asking like!!................<cheers>

19. Big Ern

It wouldn't come as that much of a shock, we are a complete shambles atm, we normally have plenty of possesion that we do **** all with, our tactics are to surge forwards in numbers until we've got only our slowest defender in our own half, then we give away the ball because we're slow and ponderous with it and make lots of pointless short passes like we're some sort of Barcelona tiki-taki team, rather than looking for the pass to open the defence. We leave that for the opposition to do when the tiki-taka becomes hari-kiri, they play a ball that leaves previously mentioned slowest player against 3. If we're lucky we'll survive that, though it may mean conceding a corner, which we will defend like and under 10 team. I may be being a bit harsh on the under 10's to be fair, as by then most of my school team had learned not to go chasing the ball as a pack and leaving half their attackers un-marked.
    Everything Allardyce had done to make us solid has been undone. Bilic got a lot of kudo's last year, but personally I think given Payet, Antonio and Lanzini Allardyce would've got us a lot more points.
    If we go down it will be a case of 'be careful what you wish for'. I wanted Allardyce to stay because I remember how good Bolton were in the last few years he was there, consistent top 8, qualifying for Europey pot and with Campo, Okocha & Djorkaeff in the side they played us off Upton Park with some lovely football, flair with steel. The vocal minority wanted him out and someone to come in and play the West Ham way, that's what they ordered from Bilic, and, unfortunately that's what we're being given this season, naive tactics and suicidal last 5 minutes defending.

20. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

You me and the dog next-door doesn't know what will happen next season , there a lot of kids attending games these days and bear in mind that some may have only started coming to games since our promotion then they'll be 5/6 years older , as I posted everyone has to start somewhere .Yes there will be a drop off but hopefully enough kids will have got the the bug .A bonus for you has to be you won't have to miss a match with all the spare tickets going <whistle>

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017