1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

West Ham look to take Joe Cole on loan

Discussion in 'West Ham' started by KOBY, Aug 1, 2011.

1. KOBY

KOBY Guest

West Ham are hopeful of ending Joe Cole’s misery at Anfield by bringing him back to Upton Park, if Liverpool are prepared to continue to meet the majority of the 29 year old midfielder’s salary.

Reportedly on £90,000 a week and likely to be a bit part player under Kenny Dalglish this season, Cole could be tempted by the move to return to the club where he first made his name. An approach for Cole though, depends on whether Scott Parker is moved on and Allardyce wants his future sorted out this week.

However, other clubs including Tottenham have shown interest in Cole and Sam Allardyce will face an uphill battle to secure a season long loan deal.

That said, if Liverpool are in agreement over the percentage of Cole’s ongoing salary that West Ham could afford to pay, Cole may be tempted to take the drop down to the NPower Championship and be part of the side Allardyce is assembling to mount a serious challenge on the NPower Championship.

Cole joined Liverpool on a free transfer from Chelsea last season, in a deal that was widely acclaimed as one of the deals of last summer, but has failed to shine at Anfield.

2. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

Why the hell would we do that?

We'd be paying most of his wages to go to another club where he'll come back the same as he was before, just a year older. If we were considering this, then surely we'd just keep him in case of mass injuries.

3. LuisDiazgamechanger

Westham would like to have him on the cheap.He can go on free transfer to Wetham.<ok>

4. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

No loans, sell, sell, sell!

5. Thats a very good shout,we should release him to West Ham,then they can sign him on a free.

6. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Why don't clubs transfer list players anymore? Make it clear who's for sale and how much.

eg..

J Cole 2.0 million
    N'Gog 2.5 million
    El Zhar 1.0 million
    Poulsen 1/2 can of diet coke and a pack of ready salted crisps that are only 1 month out of date.

7. Muppetfinder General

Muppetfinder General Well-Known Member

The only things I'd lend Allardyce are a boa constrictor and a case of salmonella.

8. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

I'd lend him a gun with no bullets, a rotten piece of meat and then stick him on a deserted island and film it. Watching his face as he attempts to blow his brain out would be priceless.

9. saintKlopp

This is a joke, yes?

10. KingPepeReina.

KingPepeReina. Active Member

I would drive him to a busy motorway and leave him in the middle of it and film it as he gets flattened by a articulated truck.

11. KOBY

KOBY Guest

Would you rather lose 90k a week or 70k ?

12. KingPepeReina.

I would rather cut one of Fat Shams arms off,hang him off a cliff having put poison ivy down his boxers.

13. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

90k a week if it meant we had a player to turn to if injuries turned really bad.

14. Dr Gonzo - LFC

I think if Cole is to leave it has to be on a permanent deal not on loan. I don't mind west ham as a club they've got a good set of fans but with big fat Sam being their manager I'd be even less inclined to loan Cole out to them as i can't see a great benefit in it for us. As others have said i wouldn't lend that fat Opta stat obsessed ****er a flesh eating disease let alone one of our players, he's never had anything positive to say about us since the Benitez era and he's normally right up Fergies arse as well maybe he should ask them for Obertan on loan instead.

15. KOBY

KOBY Guest

I did not know that Lpool fans hated Sam,

What if we offered 30k and took poulson off you aswell ?

16. saintKlopp

70k per week for a player who isn't available to you- how can that possibly make sense? I'd rather give him a last chance to prove his worth or go completely. Why pay for him to play for somebody else if he has no future here?

17. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

I'd probably take that, we want Poulson gone so badly.

18. Salah's-left-foot

Salah's-left-foot Well-Known Member

We should only loan young players for experience and to help them make the jump into the senior squad, no older players who have no future at the club, using the loan as a incentive, its just not on anymore, especially if we're paying £70,000 a week

19. KOBY

KOBY Guest

For a lad who has spent his whole life in London, im not surprised he's struggled to settle.
    I think you are gonna be out of pocket which ever way you look at it,if we offered you 20k towards his weekly wage and an agreement that when we get promoted this season, we buy him for 1.5M.everybody's happy !

20. KingPepeReina.

The arrogance of Fat Sham,he takes one of our players on loan and expects them to pay the wages...now thats what I call delusional.