1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread West Bromwich Albion v Saints, 3pm Saturday 8th April

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Onionman, Apr 6, 2017.

1. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Indeed. One of the benefits of being under the radar is that you don't get noticed if you are safe. They would certainly have said something if otherwise, under the radar or not.

2. VVD

VVD Well-Known Member

West Brom got a single comment from Jenas whereas we received some analysis* from Phil.

3. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

4. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Looks like Bertrand is strangling him. :)

5. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

I would agree with this Don although he had showed signs of adjusting in Oct time but whether that was to accommodate injuries I would not like to hazard a guess. The formations he is playing at the moment seems to be working for him although if somehow we did get back into Europe. Would he go back to the diamond. Hard to say.......As someone else has mentioned though he has had to put up with one hell of an injury list. None of them have been quick returnees. Nearly every injury seems to take a minimum of 8 weeks to shake plus another couple to get fully fit. Have we just been unlucky or what? No one else seems to be suffering in the main with long injuries...the odd one yes but as many as we have had?

6. benditlikeabanana

benditlikeabanana Well-Known Member

A real game of 2 halves, first half looked like the game would be a stroll, yet we came out second half and started playing the same way brom played in the first half, sitting deep, leaving the forwards isolated and not being able to pass the ball.
    Redmond coming off was strange as we had a lot of joy from the left, the right not so much. Bringing JWP off to let Sims play against that monster of a LB was a bit strange as well, but the subs were not responsible for brom being on the front foot.
    Somewhat lucky to come away with the win, it's been along time since Forster has produced a match winning performance

7. Paddy Podped

Paddy Podped Well-Known Member

There were comments near the start about fans singing Maya song...... what was the song for him?

8. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

Knowing our fans I'd hazard a guess at Oh Maya Yoshida to the seven nation army tune

9. Libby

Libby 9-0

I hope it wasn't the one some fans have sung which is the same as United fans for Park <doh>

Ohhh Maya Yoshida has been fairley regular at games I've been to this year. (7 nation army)

10. Libby

Libby 9-0

<laugh> <ok>

11. Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc)

Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc) Well-Known Member

VocalMinority and Qwerty like this.
  12. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

Not sure how to get Yoshida's name into the Park Ji Sung tune? Unless it is Yoshi I guess

13. Qwerty

Qwerty Well-Known Member

14. Lovelocum

Lovelocum Well-Known Member

15. Missing Lambo

Missing Lambo Well-Known Member

Loved the fact that Puel picked out the midfield two for praise. He's kept them on the bench because Davis and Romeu have been playing so well. They got their chance and took it, so now they get the accolades. Great man management.

16. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Just been watching Saints own highlights from the WBA match, and **** me if Whispering Dave still can't call Fraser Forster Forster instead of Foster, when there's a real Foster up the other end. You've got Adam Blackmore saying Forster this, Forster that, and WD says Foster in the next breath.

What's the matter with him.? ;)

It's like those people who go through their entire lives saying 'brought' for purchased, when they hear everyone else saying 'bought' and they never cotton on.

One day, I swear I'll get a Twitter account just to tweet Adam Blackmore to ask him to educate WD. Ever since Fraser has been with Saints WD has called him Foster. <doh>

OK, rant over and off to bed.

17. Che’s Godlike Thighs

Che’s Godlike Thighs Well-Known Member

Were someone to tell me that big Dave can't actually read, and that when he goes home after the match he spends his evenings scribbling crayons (that he holds not between index and thumb, but in a gripped fist) all over the pages of a colouring book, I'd be none too surprised.

18. Le Saint

Le Saint Well-Known Member

I have the same issue with my dad at every home game. Think it's a generation thing - pretty sure he just does it on purpose to wind me up now. My favourite WD cock up recently was when he said "Bertrand's done brilliantly on the left". Adam casually stated "yes it was Redmond who put the ball in from the left".

19. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

Oh I'm so glad it's not just me this annoys the hell out of! If you believed Dave, for that last corner there were two goalkeepers in the Southampton penalty box, both named Foster!

I tried for ages when we first signed Fraser to convince myself that it was something to do with Whispering Dave's Noth-Eastern accent, but of course Fraser himself hails from that part of the world and manages to pronounce his own name correctly. I think you're right, it's become Dave's own thing and he's never going to allow himself to be corrected now.

TheSecondStain likes this.
  20. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

I am always surprised by foreigners inability to say Totnam instead of Tott-en-ham....even when they manage the club and must have heard the name pronounced many many times.