1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

West Brom's Chris Brunt plans coaching career

Discussion in 'West Brom' started by Not606 News Team, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Not606 News Team

West Brom skipper Chris Brunt has made the first steps towards a career as a coach this summer.

The Northern Ireland star was back in pre-season action yesterday - not that he had taken too much of a break from football.

The winger used the close season working towards completing his UEFA ‘A’ Coaching Licence.

The 26-year-old reckons the work towards his new career will help him during pre-season and for the campaign ahead. He will also have more empathy for Baggies boss Roy Hodgson.

He said: “I’m not sure exactly what I want to do after playing.

“But when you’ve been involved in football all your life it would be difficult to go away and try something new, so it would be good to still be involved.

“I think doing the coaching badges has helped me see what managers expect of you as a player and it makes you realise how difficult it can be and how much pressure they’re under, especially at our level.

“If it helps me organise myself as a player and captain, maybe I can then pass that on to the other lads and that can only help the team.”