1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

We're Still In It (Aren't We?)

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by smidgen, Mar 12, 2011.

1. smidgen

smidgen Active Member

----Thanks to Donny, Ipswich, Derby(?) .......and even Scumwall

2. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well we're 5 points off with 9 to play. Realistically we're looking at 6 points off with games in hand played and us needing 2 teams to drop that many for us to get in. It's still a bit much, but the FA could ruin QPR's season for them and let us back in so we only need 1 team to drop it.

3. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

I think we all thought that we had left ourselves to much to do, but the fact that we got another good 1-0 win, and keep in the fight for it is enough for me. I just want us to keep fighting and build for next season. We should give the youngsters a chance and try and see if players like Evans are going to be here next year, if not keep Cairney in.

4. woodmanseytiger

Does anyone know anything more about the QPR thing.

Has the FA got big enough balls to deduct points to a club with that kind of money.

I still think we have a great chance of getting to play offs this year, sneaking in under the radar, everyone has written us off, but we have been there before and the dressing room will not of forgotten that experience.

UTT,

Woody

5. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

They don't have that much money. One of the owners loaned them the money they overspent by last season and then converted it into shares (giving them a bigger stake in the club compared to the others). There's only so far they'll be prepared to do that and they don't spend big. The £3.5M fee for Faurlin was nothing like that, it includes ridiculous clauses like him winning the World Cup with Argentina before it comes close to that. The owners have money, the club doesn't.

From the sounds of it (based on what's on the QPR forum I use rather than any definate information) the 3rd party ownership issue should be a non issue and thrown out. They signed him and declared it. Then the rule came in banning clubs from signing players in those circumstances. QPR asked if they needed to do anything (as they'd already signed him) and when they were told what to do did it. Although it does mean that for a few months he was playing outside the rules the club hadn't done anything wrong initially and was waiting for confirmation of what if anything the authorities wanted them to do.

The unregistered agents one is one that could rumble on. He wasn't registered with the FA but he was registered with FIFA and in Italy. There's potential EU free trade issues if they're punished for using an Italian agent so it'll be of no benefit to us this season.

The general feeling, and it's what I was thinking reading various bits is that the only major thing (ie something points could be deducted for) is the charges about submitting false paperwork when they bought out the 3rd party ownership.

It has just come into my head that it's only a couple of months since Flavio Briatore sold his stake in the club to Bernie Ecclestone who's now negotiating with some Americans who want to come in and partner the Mittal family. I don't understand why Flavio would have sold out to Bernie if there was going to be another move this soon. FB and BE are good friends so BE wouldn't have screwed him over. Makes me think FB saw it coming and decided to get out before the FA could touch him, which makes me think there's something more to it than is so far out in public. It's not like Briatore has a squeaky clean history is it.

6. disquietTiger

disquietTiger Active Member

I think we are definitely still in it. 9 game left it all can change. If we looked at the table 9 games ago, we could probably see how much things could change.
    Last Saturday Pearson mention about bringing another body in, I think that was put off once we'd lost to Burnley, because I think the reasoning was, if we aint gonna go up we might aswell blood our players for the rest of the season. Now that we're back in the mix I expect us to go back in for that body to make a push for the playoffs! UTT

7. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

I'm not getting my hopes up again because gutted when we go close. Fantastic achievement today by players and management in setting the record for unbeaten away performances, this shouldn't be underestimated as an achievement. Its a shame theres so many plastics and TWF's at the KC nowadays because if the atmosphere was improved it would help the lads no end, but cant see it as it stands.

8. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

this weekend i think forest are at swansea, and leeds away at sheff united...
    then the week after its forest v leeds..
    if (which is a big if) we can take 6 points from 2 home games,..we could well be in it.

9. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

Hope so DJ, lets hope the KC can find its voice and roar the lads on!

10. OneOptimisticTiger

OneOptimisticTiger Active Member

We were never out of it.

11. King Curtis

King Curtis Well-Known Member

Put ourselves back in the frame with a win today and other results going in our favour. I think we'll know more after the next 2 home games as to what the rest of the season has in store. The one snag is those 2 games in hand Burnley have, guess we can just wait and see what happens.

12. adamisme

adamisme Member

I think if we can get a win against Norwich and results go our way then we are well truly still in it. PS love the Chant about not losing away... please let it not jinx us

13. Lukas

Lukas Member

Forest are doing absolutely shite and I think they will drop out of the top 6. Burnley, Hull, or Leicester will replace them (Burnley being the most likely with 2 games in hand)

14. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

Burnley have blown a gasket.. 0-3 at home to the Isle of Dogs!! Forest are stuttering.. no-one wants automatic promo apart from the Dramas.. they're all tripping over each others shoelaces.. we are NOT out of it... not saying we will make the POs but we won't be far off.. even if we have a chance come Brizzie City that'll do me..

15. leedstiger

leedstiger Member

Problem is whilst the dressing room was the same the personnel within it have changed considerably.

I still think the home form will be our downfall but still hopeful we'll sneak it. City v Leeds at Wembley.

16. suttontiger

suttontiger Active Member

Norwich Millwall Donny Boro and Palace at home, Waford Swansea DQPR and Brizzle City away. If only we could win our home games.

17. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

We need at least 6 wins from the last 9, realistically we need 7.

Still think the run-in is too tough to pull that off. Never say never...

18. Tigger

Tigger Well-Known Member

Looking at the fixtures, it's Forest who are most likely to collapse. We HAVE to take advantage of their tough games.

19. Imahappypsycho

We are most definitely still in the mix. It might be a late one but I have every faith that we can get into the play-offs.

20. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

There's three Forest fans in my veterans team(they are from Nottingham), we played today and they've almost resigned themselves to dropping out of the top six. They taught their kids to slag off City before every game(mainly for my benefit), but today when they started, they told them to shut up. Job done........