1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

We're Finished.

Discussion in 'Nottingham Forest' started by Wagbo, Jan 14, 2012.

1. sandiacre_fox

sandiacre_fox Member

speaking as on outsider looking in, i think you have to been looking further up the chain of command than Cotterill to be honest, its hard to do your job with both hands tied behind your back i think..............

2. London_redun

London_redun New Member

We are going down, you are right, but you're wrong about the manager.

Cotterill has had the same squad as Billy Davies and he achieved top 3 and top 6 respectively.

The only thing that's really changed is that we have had two inept managers.

Billy could rescue us even now. The money from Bamford would be much more wisely spent on paying off Cotterill and getting Billy back than it would by frittering it away on has been premiership loanees. But alas - this board are sleepwalking into league 1.

People keep going on about the fact that we keep changing manager and we have to get stability.

The secret to stability is getting the right manager (i.e. Billy davies/Paul Hart) and supporting him and keeping him. The secret is not keeping hold of manager who fail!

Cotterill has failed and should be let go, it's not personal he's just not up to motuivating these players.

It's embarassing totally embarrasing what a sham. I've actually been hoping we get spanked heavily so that they wake up and realise this bloke can't handle it, but I don't think it'll make any difference, we're just going to go ahead and walk off the edge of the cliff.

RIP to my once wonderful club.

There's ia a man sitting on the sidelines waiting to rescue him, but this board will ignore that and spend all the money they've just acquired on a hopeless manager and has been players.

3. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

4. st_brendy

st_brendy Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

5. sandiacre_fox

sandiacre_fox Member

i thought you released about 9 players in the summer that were part of billy's squad?? and i def dont see as much of forest as you do only twice when you have played us, where ok the fa cup replay you were dreadful, in fact you looked like us about 2 months ago, but the 0-0 at your place in the cup, and the 2-2 in the league, you looked ok.

I still say the manager needs some backing, but as i say you will know more about your situation than me, but my forest mate at work lays the blame squarely at Doughty's door

6. zen guerrilla

zen guerrilla Well-Known Member

It's not often I would defend the scummers, but Luton were the victim of their boards financial mismanagement causing them to have so many points docked they had no chance of avoiding a couple of relegations. Having said that if you do the crime in football you can always leave the mess for someone else. Forest may go down but they will be stronger in the short term for it, if you stay up the cracks will be papered over.

Losing your owner in such circumstances will not help at all, good luck for the rest of the season bar Saturday

7. AWOL-AbsentWithoutLeeds

8. PissingRed

PissingRed New Member

There was Sinclair between us and you last year, and Davies didn't ****ing want him when we got the offer ahead of you. I miss Billy like I'd miss my bollocks, love him, but he did some stupid whit while he was in charge as well.

Well done on your Prem campaign so far, and also not being Cardiff.

9. RonAlvinho

RonAlvinho New Member

Don't wanna come out of no where and talk about hindsight... but only if you had a little hinsight <ok>

Staying up and playing good football, but the problems are there. Reid with a left foot and no legs, McCleary with legs but no head and a handful of centre forwards who refuse to kick the ball between the posts!

Hopefully this talk of a takeover is true, otherwise we'll spend no more than what we raise from the sale of Gunter and McCleary <yikes>

10. FILEYseadog

FILEYseadog Well-Known Member

How times change so quick in Footy.

Forest fans must be looking forward to new players coming in , the new manager and a decent chance of a play off place .

Watching forest win the European cup was brilliantt all those years ago and I'm not a forest fan..

The chase for promotion has just got harder in my opinion and it's going to be a great season 2012 - 2013.

Stick it to Leeds when you play then.

:)

11. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

And we are looking forward to wiping the floor with Forest again <ok>

Glenn Hoddle <laugh>

12. ----HistoryRepeating----

We're finished;

Agreed.

13. forestoggie

forestoggie New Member

Oh ye of little faith.

14. MJEllis77

MJEllis77 Member

When will this club realise that they are a small time outfit? what a pathetic decision to sack O'Discroll. I feel very sorry for the fans.

15. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

Very much agree with this - They have really shot themselves in the foot by appointing McLeish!

He's been on the downward turn since getting Brum relegated. Nearly got Villa relegated too... their worst ever PL season by all accounts.

So the Forest board sack O'Driscoll for getting them on the verge of the play-offs and sticking it to Leeds United, and give the job to a man with "plenty of Premier League experience".

<laugh>

I think the FA Cup home defeat to Oldham Athletic should give you all an indication of where Alec McLeish is leading you. <ok>

16. ----HistoryRepeating----