1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wembley

Discussion in 'Wigan' started by tommylion, Apr 9, 2013.

1. tommylion

tommylion Active Member

So looking forward to Saturday - in all honesty it will probably be our 'cup final'. But it's our 3rd time at Wembley in 5 years so it's beginning to feel comfortable there fo us south London lads!

We now only have 400 tickets left from our allocation of over 36k- so it's going to be noisy to say the least!

How many tickets have your lot sold? probably quite a few more than last week at QPhahaha. Trips to london and Wembley prices are costly which probably explains last week's support

Anyway - I don't think our boys will roll over easily - it could be a good open game!

Have a good one - but not too good!

Come on you LIONS!

2. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

I used to love it when millwall came to the old Springfield ground there was always a real buzz about the place because of the old saying reputation precedes you it certainly did with you there was always good banter from you in the old away end god it must have bean freezing in the winter with no cover for you. do you lads still use the millwall brick i hope not .anyways not sure how many have bean sold but i hear its a boat load i don`t think ither team will roll over but i very much hope it will be a better display than at QPR .anyway hope the bannter is still there at the game.
    Anyway could this be another AutoWindscreen shield when we beat you 1-0 in 1999.

3. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

We've sold about 20,000 Tommy, so you'll outnumber us two to one easy.

It's our cup final too - we've never been to the new Wembley so it's a huge occasion for us. I've been saddened to hear Wigan fans - including my mate who goes to every home game with me - say they'll save their money for the final. First there's obviously no guarantee whatsoever that we'll get to the final, and second there's no guarantee that we'll EVER get anywhere near the place in the future.

I'm really looking forward to the day out, come what may.

4. Millwallsteve

Millwallsteve Waterloo's Finest
    Forum Moderator

5. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

When I heard that we had an allocation of 31000 I was convinced we wouldn't do more than 12000, so selling 21000 is pretty good. Might seem strange to all the Sky customers who don't actually go to any games but who of course are ideally placed to criticise all the supporters of small clubs who actually do attend, but never mind. Listen - they buy their subscriptions, they've got a right to complain if the grounds aren't full. After all it's their entertainment that's affected.

Anyway, Wigan doesn't have a very big support, Millwall does have a big support, they just don't go to very many games, and that would seem to be that.

Anyone want to talk about football now?

6. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

7. Dilligaf

Dilligaf New Member

Goody luck Wigan from a Swansea Jack, what great bunch you are and I hope you win the FAC cup

8. CFC: Champs £launderx17

9. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

I'm off.

[video=youtube;zIn08NSx0z0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIn08NSx0z0[/video]

10. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

I'm back. That went well.

11. Superwall84

Superwall84 Member

Good glad you enjoyed yourself in London u won't be so lucky at the den next season though HP ha ha <laugh>