1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic well who would have thought, Brexit twice

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, Nov 9, 2016.

1. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

I was wondering this myself, but now you have written 'fact' at the end that has finally confirmed it for me..

Thanks.

Redprintt and scgrimsley like this.
  2. scgrimsley

scgrimsley New Member

Me too,I was undecided but now its got the word fact after it,its a game changer .....

Sent from my victara using Tapatalk

banksyisourhero and Redprintt like this.
  3. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Trump is the pantomime clown to beat all pantomime clowns. During his tenure you will hear all the usual banter to be expected such as "oh no he isn't" and "oh yes he is" followed by "he's behind you", which if you are supposed to be his ally then be forewarned of his sneaking ability to change course at the drop of his hat. I have no personal reason to mistrust the man' and I suppose he should have the right to chart his own course' however I am convinced it is only a matter of time before something goes horribly wrong and the sane world will be left to pick up the pieces.

4. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Well said Wiz,apparantly we are all thick ****s because we voted different according to some <laugh><doh>

scgrimsley likes this.
  5. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

I dont give a **** about Americans, all I can see is we might have the best option now regards a trade deal.

That bits ok by me...

6. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Think we will do good business with each other,this has to be good for both country's
    :1980_boogie_down::1980_boogie_down::1980_boogie_down:

7. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

You are aware that 1) the USA isn't a standard 'democracy' and 2) Clinton got more votes than Trump right?

Amazing how being against a guy who has offended most people on the planet is now being liberal too <doh>. Being liberal is being open to other's cultures and beliefs, are you telling me that you're not a liberal now?

8. scgrimsley

scgrimsley New Member

Since when did we have proportional representation? Our elections work the same,why do you think everyone hates him? All the engineer's I work with were buzzing he got in.

Red Robin likes this.
  9. BCFCRob

True, but then that opens the argument of what is truly 'democratic'. Anyway, to suggest that it's people unhappy with democracy is bollocks. You can be unhappy with the result and still accept the democratic vote.

10. scgrimsley

scgrimsley New Member

I'm afraid he will be like all politician s,talk big to get in then moderate when he's actually won,starting already if the press is to be believed.

Red Robin likes this.

11. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Then why do the remainers not except the vote of the majority of the British people for out, surely it was a democratic vote?

12. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

probably a bit more than that ... control of our own budget and not seeing our dairy farms go to the wall whilst our contribution is paying eastern euro countries to produce milk below cost! etc

Red Robin likes this.
  13. johngalleyfan2

I gave up trying to answer BCFC ROB'S argument / s when I cut and pasted into word and read it through ..twice, gave up on the third attempt ....

Red Robin likes this.
  14. BCFCRob

I don't know. I'm pro-leave...

I think the majority of remainers do accept the vote. But of course some idiots have to ruin it for the rest by claiming the vote was BS for various reasons.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
    wizered and banksyisourhero like this.
  15. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Democracy is objective.

Some say that our electoral system is democratic and the envy of the world, yet it's the same system under which the Liberals polled nearly as many votes as Labour in 1983 (25.4% of the vote) and yet ended up with a mere 3.5% of the seats. It's very similar to the system that Trump won under in the states. It's also the same democracy which affords the Scottish nazi party 60 MPs (who have already said they will try everything to block Brexit 'on behalf of the people of Scotland ') and yet the UKIP party - which amassed 12.6% of the vote at the last election, only gets 1 MP. That's British 'democracy' for you.
    The Liberal voters in 1983 would have some justification in protesting at that result - indeed they have been campaigning for Proportional Representation since - well, forever!
    A referendum is a form of PR, which is not actually constitutionally binding, but a government would be in extremely dangerous territory ignoring it. I think about 70% of eligible voters turned out for the Brexit referendum - a high turnout by any measure, 52% of whom voted to leave the EU.
    What you have now is a fascinating situation with the two electoral systems potentially countering each other if a vote in the commons is ultimately forced.
    As a remainer I feel no glee at this chaos - far from it. I backed the losing side - end of - and I want it done and dusted ASAP, but I think it will be some time before it actually is.

BCFCRob likes this.
  16. johngalleyfan2

there are over 3000 counties in the USA I have via my am radio hobby spoken to at least 1 person in over 2400 of them since I started.
    so in a way each state is like England etc with counties SOMERSET DORSET ETC, I think the collegiate might in some cases be combined counties, but whatever each votes for certain candidates and the most candidates won wins that collegiate? voting in terms of population was quite close

17. BCFCRob

please log in to view this image

RedorDead likes this.
  18. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Fantastic effort by Farage in the USA.
    What a difference with Clegg and the left, moaning g*ts all of them. Tbf May and the bickering Cabinet aren't much better.
    Ffs - if we 'used' the parasitic Prince Andrew to promote British business in the recent past surely it makes make sense to 'use' Farage.

19. johngalleyfan2

it is not that simple RP .... THE ROYAL FAMILY can and are used to promote us, about the only job they do for their country
    Farage is neither an MP or a member of the lords
    whilst a member of the euro parliament cant become an official ambassador which is a full time appointment.....
    so something would need to give and at the present is not a good time .. Trump will need at least 6 months to get underway ....

20. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Or the next best thing to Royalty...so don't we need Sir David Beckham to have a few choice words as well.
    That'll sooth any hurt feelings and get things back on an even keel....