1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Well done to Pearson and all the lads

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Nick HCAFC, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

We broke the club record for unbeaten away games today, great achievement! <applause>

2. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

aye, well said..i forgot about the record until after the game..
    it felt like a friendly there where so many empty seats and echoes <laugh>

3. King Curtis

King Curtis Well-Known Member

It's a fantastic acheivement when you consider what a competative league this, and to go unbeaten for any amount of time is commendable. The team and NP deserve a lot of praise for turning round our dreadful away form from the 18 months previous to the run starting. I'm interested to see how much further we can take this unbeaten run. Away trips left at Watford, Swansea, DQPR and Bristol City. Tough games for us to go unbeaten on the road for the rest of the season, but you never know. Setting new records, 3 points and results around us going in our favour, great day all round :smiley-finger007:

4. adamisme

adamisme Member

stadium has a good echo, probably because it was so empty. Shame that a 32,000 plus stadium and they couldn't get it even half full

5. suttontiger

suttontiger Active Member

On my two visits to the Ricoh I found it a soulless place TBH. High roof line doesn't help to keep the sound in and 32,000 capacity is too big for their support anyway.

Show dangers of building too big albeit in our case the west upper can always but left vacant (as the eggchasers always do cos the KC's too big for them) without losing too much atmosphere. If the extended above the east the same could be done to that and the crowd retained in the lower bowl so to speak.

6. smidgen

smidgen Active Member

Well......away games are one side of it, but I wish we could better our home record. We've lost to Cardiff and Burnley - and we could really have done with three points out of each of those. Or even one of them. Or even two draws.

Still - congratulations to the whole team and NP and his mob. We're a damned lot better off than we were a few weeks into this season.

<cheers>

7. King Curtis

King Curtis Well-Known Member

I see your point, just looking at the table and we've pretty much doubled the number of the goals we've scored at home away from home! Home form has held us back, though with Cardiff losing both their games after playing us, part of me wonders if we maybe showed them too much respect and we should have hassled them more. Our home form really is a paradox, 11 goals against in 17 games = promotion contenders, 14 goals for in 17 games = relegation contenders. Hopefully something we can rectify pver the coming weeks and the Summer, would love to give Millwall a thrashing in a few weeks

8. H-D

H-D Active Member

Very strange how it can turn around like that - up until the Sheff Utd loss at home we looked solid at the KC, but our away record was diabolical. Away points now exceed home points by 7 :huh:

Next home game vs Norwich will be tough, their away form this season is fantastic. Only lost 3 on the road so my glass is half empty for that one. Fancy us to beat Millwall though

9. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

Last season in the PL we didn't win a single away match.. this season we break the unbeaten away record... that is what I call quite good ;)

10. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

nobody "thrashes" Millwall, I've noticed.. 1-0 would be fine for me... Norwich under a bit of pressure as they are in automatic promotion hunt.. we can take them tho..

11. suttontiger

suttontiger Active Member

Norwich's away record is the same as ours - won 8 drawn 7 albeit they have lost just three to our four - hopefully we can make it four when they come to the KC next Saturday!

After a poor run of form in Sept and October NP set us up to be difficult to beat. Trouble is that's ok away but when the onus is for us to attack at home we seem to be unable to change our style.

With two difficult away games at Swansea and DQPR in particular to come perhaps now is the time to be more attacking with five homes games left (three against so called easier oppostion in Donny Boro and Palace)

Reckon we need to win six of the remaining 9 games to give us a realistic chance of grabbing sixth spot.

12. Chillo

Chillo Well-Known Member

I think you are getting "unable to change our style" mixed up with "unable to convert our many chances".