1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

well done ladies

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, Jul 30, 2017.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

last 4 lets hope they win it and City do half as good and finish top 8.....

2. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

Tough ugly game to watch but the two centre backs defended like their lives depended on it again. Different test now being the highest ranked team left and favourites.

3. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Totally forgot about this.

Busy moving my youngest out of her flat in Brighton. Just remembered after reading this post.

Great achievement. Let's go all the way ladies!!!!

4. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

yep been watching the games,we can do it<applause><applause><applause>

5. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

They've been excellent - from what I can tell, they have the best strength in depth of any side there, the best defence and clinical strikers.

They can do it, though the pressures of being favourites and playing against the home side (The Netherlands) will be challenging. Provided they do what they've been doing, they have the ability to keep a clean sheet and grab the opportunities when they come - I wouldn't want them to need to come from behind though, just because I think their greatest strength has been their organisation and patience and if chasing a goal, that might need to go out the window, at least to an extent.

It seems as though the women's game has been given a lot more investment by clubs in recent years (though obviously still minute compared to the men's game, as you'd expect) and England's success here and at the World Cup has given it unprecedented exposure - some kudos should go to both the BBC and Channel 4 for giving them increased time on our screens also. Hopefully we're seeing just the early stages of a golden age and not its peak.

bcfcredandwhite and Red Robin like this.
  6. TampaBayBCFC

TampaBayBCFC Active Member

Maybe we should have promoted the manager to the BCFC men's team when he was in charge of the Vixens??