1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Well done Huddersfield and thoroughly deserved

Discussion in 'Huddersfield' started by whatsheblownthewhistleforthistime, Nov 21, 2011.

1. whatsheblownthewhistleforthistime

Greetings from an admiring Saints fans.

Just wanted to say top work to your boys on getting the unbeaten record. Couldn't believe how hard you made it for Southampton last year - Huddersfields' run was relentless and I only wish we could have been first so you could have been second.

Are you folks pissed off that it didn't get the recognition it deserves by the likes of SSN and other murduch publications. If this was EPL then it would be raved about.

Also very glad you kept Clarke...

Here's wishing you all the best for continuing that run another few games to take the all time record - that'll surely see you lot deservedly promoted..

Cheers

2. Channon walked on H2O

Channon walked on H2O Active Member

Agree with the sentiment entirely, but where are the Huddersfield fans? Let's be having you!

3. MMJ

MMJ Well-Known Member

unfortunately not many hudders fans use this site, but i reiterate your comments

4. North Hants Saint

North Hants Saint Active Member

They're unbeaten since the Swindon FA Cup game.

5. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

I think Huddersfield Town have been truly great. To surpass Nott'm Forest and to be closing in on Arsenal's recent Premier League record is brilliant. I think almost every Saints fan would have wished you well last season if it hadn't directly affected us. But we wish you well now. Hopefully, a forthcoming promotion which must be thoroughly deserved, if you keep up a similar level of performance.

Hats off.

6. Khyras

Khyras Member

Absolutely agree with the comments about your unbeaten league record I definitely want u to carry on I have a bet on that Huddersfield and saints will get promoted!!

7. Lord Duckhunter

Lord Duckhunter New Member

They’re not a patch on Forest and Arsenal’s achievements,as they achieved something on the back of their runs.

What did Huddersfield achieve, nowt. They’re still in League 1.

Debatable whether it’s such a run anyway, didn’t they lose in the play off game. And is that play off game part of the League season?

Perhaps their achievement should be "staying unbeaten in 43 League games, except the one that mattered the most".

8. st_brendy

st_brendy Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Whilst I completely agree about giving Huddersfield credit for pushing us all the way last week (they certainly didn't make things easy for us, and I often applauded Huddersfield for this when talking with their fans on 606), I don't give them much credit for their unbeaten run.

Don't get me wrong, it's a commenable achievement. But nothing more. Firstly, the one game that actually really mattered - they play-off final - they lost. Yes it wasn't a regular league game, but it still forms part of the league competition. And thanks to losing it, Posh got promoted ahead of them - and Posh didn't need to go 4+ months unbeaten to do so!

Secondly, over the course of these 43 games, they have moved up ONE place. ONE!!! With that sort of unbeaten run, they should have beaten us to 2nd place: they didn't. With that sort of unbeaten run, they should be leading the L1 table at the moment: they aren't. Remember, we were behind them in table when their unbeaten run started (and we finished, what, five points clear?)

Give me Nigel Adkins or give me Chris Powell over Lee Clark any day. Not only has he underachieved at Huddersfield imo (this is his 4th season at Huddersfield now I think, and they are still in L1), but he is clearly a negative manager. Just look at how many draws are included in this unbeaten run - if they had have been bolder and consequently say half of those had been converted into wins, with the other half turned into defeats, they wouldn't have this record but would have more points. And ultimately, it's all about the points.

(He also often played 4-5-1 last season, and picked Afobe ahead of Rhodes - despite Rhodes being their top scorer. I completely disagreed with both decisions, and I believe it backs up my point about his negativity. I just do not rate him as a manager at the top-end of a division).

9. saintgreg10

saintgreg10 Well-Known Member

I agree with everything said in this post down to a tee ^^^

10. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

Yep, me too. The gushing over that run seems out of place. Twice during that run they have been 2-0 up at home to Leyton Orient & ending up drawing. Lee Clark seems more concerned by not losing than winning, its actually quite a poor run. On a side note, what odds for the next defeat to be in the play off final? ;)

11. Saints Fan4Life

Saints Fan4Life Well-Known Member

and all they get is a small bullet point in the papers - if they were a prem club they wouldnt be out the headlines

12. SaintsForTheWin

SaintsForTheWin Any holes a goal

**** off you pedantic prick. Record is about the league, stop being a smart arse <ok>

13. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Yeah good record and all that, but clark is still a twat.

14. North Hants Saint

North Hants Saint Active Member

Wow.

15. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

This

16. Qwerty

Qwerty Well-Known Member

If football was fair, Huddersfield would be in the Championship right now, and probably in the top half. But it isn't, and they remain in League One. I think they will make it up this year though.

17. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

As Saints fans, isn't there a chance that we can be a little generous in our praise..? I think Huddersfield have done remarkably well. OK, they didn't win enough points to be promoted, having fallen at the ultimate hurdle, but ffs, they pushed our team to a magnificent season, and they are carrying on where they left off.

I think they have been very professional. They've taken their disappointment from last season well, and are flying, just behind Charlton. They are a team who are shy of match winning player or two, but they keep plugging away. Hats off to them.

Plenty more teams could look to Huddersfield as an example.

18. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Hoped they would make it via the play-offs, so better luck this year. Hudders made it exciting last year.

19. JDub

JDub Well-Known Member

Too many draws, especially at home.

20. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

What, where Peterboro are? I think the right teams got promoted if I'm brutally honest.