1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Well done Gillingham

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by alwaysright, Oct 17, 2016.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

But I would have liked a few details -- actually ONE would have been nice !http://www.gillinghamfootballclub.c...heapest-family-ticket-in-the-efl-3362079.aspx

Near the bottom of the article it states 'reduced away ticket prices' for season ticket holders !

Can anyone explain ? This is the first time I've seen something like this - but no proper details have been offered. I would phone the Club to ask - but I might be unlucky and speak to the CEO who told me ( incorrectly ) that I could use my voucher for 2 free tickets on the opening day of the season.

2. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

I think they have some tickets for the Wimbledon game away on the 1st October, they are letting them go for only £5.
    The team probably won't turn up, but then they didn't last time either.

3. alwaysright

For once I have to applaud the Club - the Family ticket isn't a bad price for 4 people - but - even £2.50p is too dear for some of the rubbish we've been playing at home -for aaaaaaages

4. town end

town end Member

Whilst I have to say a big well done to the club for trying to tempt families and the next generation of fans into attending and hopefully returning in the future it us a bit of a kick in the plums to STH's on the town end like myself who will now be for all intents and purposes be paying more than a supporter who buys his ticket on a game to game basis

5. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

Who wants to take their chance in the uncovered Brian Moore stand in November, with 2 children? Or even 1 child?

Fair enough GFC wanting to 'engage', but it seems to me to be just an attempt to get bums on what are empty seats for at least 20 out of 23 home league games each season, and possibly subject a family to football which by all reports has been mediocre this season (for assorted reasons I still haven't got to a game, so can't speak from personal experience) whilst sitting in the rain.

Not sure that that'll have them flocking back.

6. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Tickets will be £10 per adult and £ 5 per child under 18 aswell. So look out for weather forcast. Could be worth going. So expect away supporters getting same deal as in same stand. Great value for them.

7. gioblues

Great for casual supporter but again season ticket supporters gets nothing. Be nice if they got a free cup match at least.

8. gioblues

Dont forget u can use your free season ticket for Northampton match.

9. alwaysright

gioblues
    Are you trying to wind me up - after coming home from watching another pile of s***.

I started this thread by being positive - and never 'complained' that STH do not gain an advantage from the family ticket.
    It's good to see Mr. Scally trying to entice a few more people into the ground - He's obviously heard of the saying, " Misery likes company."

10. brb

brb CR250

I love it when the club finally make admittance offers, it's the first of many signs that even the Chairman himself is recognising we are in trouble....bye JE - his only saving grace might be we've already played Shrewsbury away this season <laugh>

11. gioblues

To be fair. I thought Gills deserved the win last night. If Bond didnt make that mistake and Dacks free kick was not brillantly saved we could have won. If we can beat Charlton this could be an important point.
    brb MOM was Cody. If he gets the service will score goals.

12. brb

brb CR250

hmmm <laugh>