1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Well done for the win

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by grumpygit, Nov 19, 2016.

1. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Not the team.....always'.

The team have done well and for that they deserve praise, but remember when you talk about commitment, spirit, fight, they are paid more than the vast majority of supporters earn.
    always' has to get up at ridiculous o'clock to travel a long way just to reach Priestfield, then travel on a expensive coach journey, pay admission to the ground, and spend on food and a glass of lemonade.
    To maintain that type of passion and commitment after some of the dross over the last couple of months is admirable, well done always' you deserved the win, I hope you enjoyed it and the journey home.

alwaysright likes this.
  2. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Thanks grumpygit - I've written a bit in the 'wasted day' thread.

I have to say a big 'well done' to the Gills fans ( about 250-300). They gave non stop vocal support to the team - even in the second half - when it seemed that the game was played entirely in the opposite end - but we were ( luckily ) rewarded for our lunacy - when JET hit a lovely free kick.

I was also pleased for two fans on the coach - making their 'once-a-year' away outing. I may be stereotyping to say that they may find football more financially challenging than myself - it was nice that they had a good day out. These people are no less a fan than me - and maybe appreciate the occasion more than I (take for granted).

The only 'disappointment' was that Edinbugh did not join the players in coming up to the Gills fans and give and receive mutual applause.

3. Old Timer in Cyprus

Old Timer in Cyprus Active Member

Hope the win will put a bit of a smile on the Chairman's face