1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Welcome to all new members and guests

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

hear hear <ok>

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Another 4 new members.....

Welcome All <ok>

Big Jen
    Black Sea Gas
    MarkCgas
    sigofthewest

3. Black Sea Gas

Black Sea Gas Member

Capt Jack and Crew of Gasheads many thanks for the welcome, not sure if its the norm to give a quick intro if so I apolgise for not doing so before making a first post.

Whilst living in Bulgaria at the moment I had spent most of my 56 years living in Weston super Mare and saw Rovers in 1968 Season v Peterboro (The mighty Gas won). That was it I was hooked on Gas (especially from the Old Gas Tanks at Eastville during night games).

Previously in the years to date we used to sponsor Ian Holloways shirt in the day, held my 50th at The Mem v Brighton game (another bloody defeat) and had more downs than ups with the Club as far as results go but you know the saying "better dead than Red".

Hopefully better time await Gasheads and I look for ward to taking a good number of Non League games in when we pop back to Weston super Mare and Plymouth area come the Winter.

Best wishes to all Loyal Gasheads and if any of you find your way over to the Wild East that is Bulgaria happy to meet up for a beer and a Gas catch up. Just PM me.

Cheers and UTG

4. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

:emoticon-0148-yes:Welcome

5. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

Bloody Brits going over to Bulgaria and taking all their jobs - I'm going to form the Bulgarian Independence Party <laugh>

Welcome <ok>

6. Black Sea Gas

Black Sea Gas Member

Jobs in Bulgaria you're having a laugh. Its F7ckin worse than the UK the reason we are here is thats at the moment its way cheaper than UK to actually live, oh and the Summers are usually brilliant ! Beer 86p 500 ml in Bars or 41p in Supermarkets, fags from £2.00 for 20. Council tax about £32.00 per year on our place ! Out for a belated Birthday bash tonight in Balchik (marketed as The Bulgarian Cannes). Tradition is we treat a few mates 6 (Crewe & Gillingham Supporters who live here) to a decent 3 course meal plenty of drinks in a very nice Restaurant down the Marina. It'll set me back between £85.00 to £100.00 max all in. And thats bloody expensive for here.

Down side not much opportunity to see Rovers live and missing (some of) the Family, Cider and singing obscene chants as I pass Trashton.

Positive side as well as above is I dont have to be near Brissle and face the TEDS taking the piss.

UTG

7. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

Sounds like you're living a life of inexpensive and sunny luxury!

Well, it's warm and the sun is shining as I type this from my office in North Bristol, if only the beer was as cheap then I'd be happy. <ale>

That is a downside of life in the Bristol area at the moment - the carping from Teds. I've had quite a bit of piss-taking from my Ted mates on social media the week after our relegation, but thankfully there's none in my office. Obviously, we've had a whole load from the Not606 Ted board, but that was to be expected and we've known them for years so we cut the little darlings some slack. They have to have something to hang on to after their season didn't exactly pan out as they'd hoped. The talk about Champions Elect (TM) evaporated pretty quickly on their board last year.

I wonder what the record is for spending money only to have a lower-half 3rd tier team? Surely it can't be more than £50million? <laugh>

8. Caldicot Cider Red

Caldicot Cider Red Well-Known Member

A tier and £50 million you can only dream of BB <hug><hug>
    Whats the latest number of new recruits here now mate? Going well yesterday I see.

9. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

Not too bad Caldicot <ok> - I think we've had about 25 newbies join over the past couple of days. Hopefully, they'll stick around and contribute. It's always difficult going onto a new forum as most of us have been on here and the old 606 for years and it can appear quite cliquey I suppose. However, we're all hear to talk about football, so they will be very welcome!

As long as you don't scare them off CCR! ;)

10. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

A few more new members lets hope they get posting :wink:

11. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

3 new members today have joined.....

FiveApples
    parsons83
    whitty

Welcome aboard, great to have you with us, a home for gasheads to talk and dicuss our club freely <ok>

Thats 33 new members that have joined us since the OS forum closed.

12. Thairover

Thairover New Member

Thanks for the 'Welcome' CJS......
    After 13 years over here in Thailand, you get used to the 6/7 hours difference in the time...following the BBC text commentary at 9 oclock on a Saturday or 1.45am for evening matches !!!! (Devotion has its price!!)
    I always ensure that when I am back in UK, that I time it so that I can go to as many games as poss.and with my three children (in their 40s now) and four grand children....that's what the Rovers mean to me !!!
    I will keep in touch and trust your numbers grow now that the OS forum has been closed....

13. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

<ok>Welcome

14. EGLL Gas

EGLL Gas Well-Known Member

Morning All,

I'd like to add my thanks to all for the welcomes,

A brief bio of following the Gas

1st game at Eastville 72/73 v Chesterfield,
    Other memorable games,

Chris Garland on his knees to "head" a goal in a 1-6 anglo scottish cup tie at the sh!t pit,
    a 5-5 draw v Charlton,
    a 1-5 league cup win at swindle,
    Watching Mickey Barrett was always special,
    watching 3 get sent off at Wigan,
    getting the "RATS" train to Ipswich only to lose 1-6 !
    Wolves away 0-1 Dennis Bailey !
    The Madejski massacure,
    Steve McManaman's goal at Anfield,
    the list goes on......

Maybe I'll bump into some of you during our Conference experiance !!!

15. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

<ok>.

16. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

now were in the conference i guess we may get on tv more as bt sports shows conference games, so you may get to see us a bit often <ok>

also gasheadseamge makes a good match thread for both home and away games. he makes them a few days in advance for a pre match build up which then turns into the match thread. obviously our match threads are not as busy as it is on the OS forum as our numbers are low but our away games do have some good activity on it. our home games most of us attend the games so those match threads do tend to be quiet unless some have now decided to stay away due to our relegation and as our board grows it will get busier. so we can keep you up to date during games on those threads <ok>

17. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

nice one EGLL Gas <ok>

i was born early 80's so i have missed a few of those :(
    i was at that madejski massacure game. i was sad enough to by the video of it after which i cant watch now as i no longer have a vcr but i couldnt throw the game away <laugh> so i have lots of dvds and at the end one video which sticks out a mile <laugh>
    mcmanaman tore us apart at anfield. he was the difference that night for liverpool.

welcome again <ok>

18. gas

gas ACCOUNT DELETED
    Forum Moderator

Still remember Billy Oceans goal in front of the KOP. <cool>

19. aylesbury gas

aylesbury gas Member

I was standing on the Kop as I couldn't get a ticket for the Rovers End - funny night !!

20. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

[video=youtube;HJzTPGusjxE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJzTPGusjxE[/video]