1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Weather permitting...

Discussion in 'Everton' started by Peej, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Bill brought Earl in, whether it's actually Earls cash or that of "a good friend of Everton football club" is a matter of conjecture.

Irrespective, the 3 major shareholders appear to come as a set, and I think if one goes they all will.

Grantchester allegedly can't stand Bill btw.

Don't kid yourself as to Bills input either, he's not making operational day to day decisions, but he's most definitely defining the strategy in conjunction with the Board (inc Elstone).

2. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Well I can't think about anything better than having three self made millionaires making decisions.

3. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

3 self made millionaires who've got the best long term interests of the club as their prime objective???

3 self made millionaires who aren't prepared to invest in their business???

3 self made millionaires who've not made any progress in sorting the ground move out, in over a decade???

Earl hasn't been to a game for years btw...........

You'll be telling me that there's no-one better out there next <laugh>

4. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Earl is the sticking point here, everyone knows he is not interested in anything but making money. it's clear that the work they(shareholders and BK) have done shows that the investment needed wouldn't yeild a return otherwise they would be splashing the cash.

I have never said there is nobody better, you seem to want me to/think I do.....just highlighting the failures compared to the two takeovers backed by silly money that have been a hit - one on the back of a commonwealth games stadium.

5. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

This lot have been a failure though, the only reason they've got away with is David Moyes ffs. The net spend that the man worked with should have seen us in the Championship ffs.

Sure there's been plenty of takeovers that haven't worked out, but there's been a good number that have - in the timeframe that Bill has supposedly been trying to offload us. The club we visited on Saturday being a prime example.

6. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Dont forget that the club we visited on Saturday went into administration, well the parent company did and went as low as league one thanks to points deductions. Only a bargain price and selling stars and finding gems has allowed them to return back to the PL.

Even now they are a club that have to sell their star players as either they need the cash or they are attracted away. Having a nice ground is good and well....But it means nothing if like us you win nothing<ok>