1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Weaker after winning...

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by JAMJAR, Aug 1, 2017.

1. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Only because Mr Glass will miss 2/3rds of the season ;)

2. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

He's not even our first choice number 9 so you're wrong <ok>

3. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Firmino is number 9.

4. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Not really. If Sturridge is inevitably injured then Solanke has more chance of getting minutes as he will be one further up the pecking order.

5. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

You're dead right, And I think it's all because Roman likes instant success and has always managed that by buying. Like most others though, I do think a team in 4 comps at the start of the season should be able to manage 2 youth players in the mix. If Christensen is treated like Ake, he'll be gone before Christmas, as his father didn't want him to come back to Chelsea, and apparently the kid wasn't too keen either. Chalobah had everything except experience to be a real star in my view. Mbappe was no better than Musonda at the same age, but his team played him. Ours won't play young Charlie and he'll be off like a brides nightie shortly as well.
    Real shame, but that's how it is at Chelsea, Manager judged by instant success, owner with no patience whatsoever. We just have to accept it and enjoy having a great team, a great manager and an owner who is happy to fund it.

Bristol Blue likes this.
  6. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Exactly. It is hard to criticise the model too much given we stay within FFP and have been probably the most successful English side on the pitch since Roman took over. It also needs one of these kids to really take their chance when they get it. With us in 4 comps and with Hazard injured, I think there may be an early chance this year 1 or 2 get a good shot.

Bristol Blue likes this.
  7. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

According to Tuttosport in Italy, Christensen who is 21, is being lined up by Conte in a swap deal with Inter Milan for Antonio Candreva, a winger, who's 30.
    If true, this is total lunacy in my humble opinion, and shows that Chelsea is not the Club for ANY talented youngster to join. Hope this report is media bollocks.

Blueman likes this.
  8. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Speechless.....absolutely speechless.......

9. chelsea - over 100 years of history

That sounds mental. hopefully just paper/media crap

10. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Something not quite right this pre season.

We've lost a lot of leadership IMO. Obviously JT but then Matic and Costa, that was pretty much the spine of our team 3 seasons ago.

It's alright signing new players but we need big players in the dressing room too and for me we don't have many of those right now.

I saw Carragher on Sky Sports the other day saying Conte won't last the season and I agree with him 100%.

Something wrong somewhere, I know there was the Lukaku story I wasn't sold on but Matic shouldn't be going if Conte still wanted him, time to let our manager start picking who he wants to play for us.

Seems to be disagreements on the younger players too. Apparently Ememalo wanted to keep Ake but Conte said he didn't need him.

Won't get anywhere if they just disagree on everything.

11. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Im certainly getting a 2015 vibe about this season. Still very early but lots to be worried about.