1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread WBA v Watford

Discussion in 'Watford' started by oldfrenchhorn, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Can´t win em all. Played much better second half.

A penny for WM thoughts, he looks absolutely livid.

Have a good weekend all. :)

2. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

?? Not sure why that posted twice... :huh:

3. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Laying flooring all afternoon, so missed it all. Perhaps it was as well I didn't know what was going on. :emoticon-0183-swear

4. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

5. superhorns

superhorns Well-Known Member

6. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

7. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I remember being on the old Vicarage Road terrace when someone had a heart attack in the middle of a large crowd. That victim was lucky and survived, but this is just so sad. Thoughts are with his family who could never expected such a thing. RIP

8. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

9. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

The marking for the corner was non-existent... Hackney was just saying to me there is no man marking and 5 seconds later it was across an in.

Lots of positives though....

Amarbat is really coming on... and some of our passing play was excellent

I dont know if any one following from home caught the Nyom saga.. He was mercilessly ribbed by the Watford fans to start with... played a BLINDER... the West brom fans realised and started supporting him and winding up the Watford fans.... then when they scored the third Nyom gestured to the Watford fans and all hell was let loose in terms of abuse etc...... all a bit silly on all sides really.

The WFC fans were right next to the West Brom fans and there was lots of abuse.... not pleasant and reminiscent of the W Ham game apparently.

Also at the end there was a fight between Watford fans and the police had to wade in..... not pleasant at all.

10. Jsybarry

Jsybarry Well-Known Member

Phil Thompson said on SSN that in the incident that led to the sending-off, both players should have been treated the same. Unfortunately, McLean can't be given a red on review because he was given a yellow. Wonder if WM will get into trouble for going on the pitch and both clubs could end up with a charge of failing to control their players. How on earth did Brunt not get booked when he had a go at the ref for not giving him a corner?

11. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

Same ol' same ol' on the pitch: played well then forgot the basics... whoever is coaching the defensive tactics at set pieces needs to go back and take their badges again... and as to the "wall", oh, spare me! Two goals that you'd be disappointed to concede at Cassiobury Park on a Sunday morning let alone in the EPL.

Once again the red mist descended, once again we are victim to unevenhanded refereeing. An utter disgrace. Okay, we got a fairer crack of the whip than we usually do but the key decision was abysmal. Seemed to me like the fourth official called it not the referee. Without having seen the incident on the telly it was either two reds, two yellows or a talking to. What we got was a cop out.

Not many players I actually despise but mclean is one of them. I would not shed a tear if he went the same way as Haaland.

Result and that incident aside it was an entertaining match.

Events off the field, tragically, put it into perspective.

andytoprankin likes this.
  12. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0111-blush I thought Pereyra deserved the red for kicking out and after several viewings I still haven't seen McLean stamping. I think his yellow for his reaction was correct. :bandit:

13. Bolton's Boots

Well Britos' second yellow last week was subject to review - and changed to a red.

14. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

I would not expect the BBC to edit anything in our favour... even the push on Behrami last week was grudgingly mentioned only because Adam owned up to it.

15. J T Bodbo

J T Bodbo Well-Known Member

Well I was at the game and didn't see anything of the incident, only the flare up afterwards. However, from MOTD, Mclean drove the ball at Pereyra from about 5 yards which seemed to spark everything off and, in my judgement, is downright unpleasant (much in keeping with his reputation). It looks as if the officials went by 'the letter of the law' rather than any sense of 'the spirit'. Pulis, laughably, insisted Mclean hadn't done anything wrong. But after what he judge said about him (Pulis) in the high court last week, I don't think I'll trust any of his future utterances. However, my main point is this. From the referees arbitrary and marginal decisions, on what seemed like 50-50 or at worst 60-40 against Pereyra, we get a key player suspended for 3 weeks, and they get a minor inconvenience which will be wiped off at end december. This is wholly disproportionate.

16. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

commentators on the link I had said WM booted a water bottle near the end of the game and it hit one of our subs, any idea who?

17. Jsybarry

I think that may have been because it was his second yellow which doesn't apply to McLean.

18. Jsybarry

Also, jerzeypie noticed that Rondon had his arm around somebody's neck - I'm not sure, but I think that was Peyrera as well.

19. Bolton's Boots

No - it was reviewed and changed to a red. Meaning that he is still on four yellows and has to tread carefully until the end of the month.

20. Bolton's Boots