1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Watford v West Ham - 25th Feb.

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Mexican Hornet, Feb 15, 2017.

1. A1 Horn

A1 Horn Well-Known Member

Sound like a decent point from 10,500 miles away! Another step towards 40...

2. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Will take that as we were battered 2nd half!

Mind you could have nicked it late on.

Success once again proved more of a threat in 15 minutes than Niang did (he had an off night)

Shame about the injuries - we will never get consistent form with getting so many.

3. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

fair result?/
    why so many??

4. hornethologist a.k.a. theo

hornethologist a.k.a. theo Well-Known Member

A point saved in the end. Not a great advert for the PL really... a bit disjointed and not much goal action. Plenty of work needed on making us a more attacking force.

5. Markthehorn

Zarate's was unfortunate but Jaamaat seems to be another injury prone player.

6. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

Troy's goal was his 104th for us - one more and he's level with Cliff Holton.

7. Bolton's Boots

8. Flittonhorn

Flittonhorn Well-Known Member

Mazzari says on BBC Sport website "Silly mistakes cost Watford win". Well, the above one might be one of them, Walter!!!

Bolton's Boots likes this.
  9. Markthehorn

Well he must tell them to sit back and defend - I cannot see some of our more attacking players just wanting to sit back and do nothing.

Niang and Capoue were wasted.

10. kchorn

kchorn Well-Known Member

You're hard guys to please :cheesy:. If he said he had players who only lasted 90 minutes you'd complain that they concede too many goals in extra time :emoticon-0103-cool:

And it might be a translation issue o_O I'll give WM the benefit of the doubt.

The positive for me is that we seem to have players with great potential and when they get it right it is good. In the past sometimes we just seem to not have sufficient talent.

Yes they made silly mistakes but that the couching staff can work on. For me the need to have two or three touches in or around their box rather than getting a snap shot away and on target.

But the hammers were equally bad putting quality crosses in and rarely getting anyone near them.

It will be interesting to see if WM is using more English come next August. And that goes for some of the players. I reckon that will help.

just my 2 pennies worth of optimism. <cheers>

Hornet-Fez and Goldentrue like this.

11. Bolton's Boots

I know that, like myself, many teachers fall back on a bank of stock phrases when it comes to school report time - ughh, only three weeks away - and having heard WM use the '70 minute' one rather frequently recently, I'm beginning to think his phrase bank isn't as healthy as mine... <laugh>

kchorn likes this.
  12. kchorn

kchorn Well-Known Member

But BB are all yours publishable ???? Ahh 3 weeks before report time. Those 3 weeks were the only time I studied anything :emoticon-0140-rofl:

13. Bolton's Boots

Certainly - my laptop has a swearing filter. <laugh>

Actually, they are mostly all publishable these days - online. We're eco-friendly up here & try not to waste paper, so parents get online access unless they specifically request a hard copy. :)

14. Scullion

Scullion Well-Known Member

Enjoyed the game at friends who is a WH supporter. we should have capitalised on the early penalty and put the game to bed in the first half when WH weren't really trying. In the end we defended well but we tend to let the opposition have too much of the ball most games. Walter seemed very frustrated at times banging the dug out panel. Anyone notice when Zarate went down for the penalty that he briefly grabbed his knee so maybe the damage started then, I think he should have gone off after the big knock. I too wonder about the injuries, some even occur during the warm up - duh! WH deserved a draw.

15. Bolton's Boots

Janmaat's out for a while too, with an abductor muscle problem. Given where they are in the body, the problem may well have been WM giving him a boot up the arse at half time...

16. Markthehorn

Kaboul says its a shame we didn't get the 2nd goal - well we didn't exactly go for one preferring to just sit back and defend which I presume comes from instructions via the manager?

17. Jsybarry

Jsybarry Well-Known Member

Are the Pozzos diversifying into furniture?

kchorn likes this.
  18. Bolton's Boots

They did a while ago - all the players they buy take time to 'bed' in, they've changed 'chair'man a couple of times, and they always seem to have players sitting on the 'shelf'...

I'll get my coat... <whistle>

19. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

We´ve had some decent performances this season, wins against Utd, Arsenal and Everton shows signs of improvement.

This wasn´t even close to one of them, I had a good in-depth conversation with a few West Ham fans over the game from home.

Maybe they have helped me see things from a different angle. But, we can´t go 1-0 up at home and then just sit back on it, if WM stays then there will be more games like this, we are wasting what attacking force we have on display and on the bench.

I don´t want to see games like this, but have done too much this season. Every 3rd of 4th game this debate comes up - Can WM push on if he stays next season and give us better football? I am doubting this even more recently. The defensive negativity is slowly choking me, we´re not even good at keeping clean sheets.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  20. J T Bodbo

J T Bodbo Well-Known Member

I've written this before -so sorry if you remember it. Talking to an Inter Milan season ticket holder, they (fans) got really fed up because Inter never put a string of good performances together under Walter. It does seem like we are getting the same effect. However, until Zarate went off it did feel like we were on top, if not actually in control. Perhaps we'll get to 38/39/40 whatever and then loosen up a bit.

Mexican Hornet likes this.