1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Watford v Stoke

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Mexican Hornet, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Watford v Stoke.

The Hornets host stoke at 6am Sunday morning Mexican time! :emoticon-0121-angry

Watford are fresh from metaphorically giving Leicester a 2-1 elbow blow to their league hopes and in the meantime, hitting some decent form after a patchy run of performances. Stoke were beaten by Bournemouth so will want to get back to winning ways at the Vic. Previously, they were unbeaten in 6 games, winning and drawing 3 a piece.

¡¡Watford sit in 8th in the table while Stoke are 5 points below in 13th!! A win might push Watford up to 6th depending on other results from the weekend´s games. Nevertheless, a loss and 10th is also in range just showing that after 12 games nothing can be taken for granted.

Stoke will have to make some changes with Allen suspended plus injury doubts over Glen Whelan and Geoff Cameron. Mark Hughes will not want his side to lose two on the bounce and was frustrated with the loss to time wasting Bournemouth.

Now then, Mazzarri is a bit mysterious formation wise, I like how he chops and changes it. I doubt Watford will have the same 11 out as the last game.Well, Kaboul and Zuñiga are fresh injury doubts, while Holebas should return, so that might give some changes.

Watford on the attack Watford are more dynamic. I really like when Walter comments "To say we play with one or two strikers is very difficult to confirm because if you take into consideration Amrabat, he comes here as a forward who is playing as a winger so sometimes we are playing with three strikers. Now we are playing with two strikers. But if it’s one striker or three strikers – it doesn’t matter – it’s about the performance. I sure hope for another decent one again.

ENJOY THE GAME <magic>

¡¡COYH <cheers> COYH :emoticon-0140-rofl: COYH!!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
    Scullion likes this.
  2. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It will be good when Walter gets a firm grip of the language. We might then get some even more confusing comments about the playing style. :emoticon-0100-smile
    Thanks for the thread Mex. <ok> Three points would be welcome!

3. Jsybarry

Jsybarry Well-Known Member

Five games without a goal for Deeney. Hopefully the wait for him to become the fifth WFC player to have scored 100 goals for the club, will end in this match.

Mexican Hornet likes this.
  4. NZHorn

NZHorn Well-Known Member

My heart bleeds for you Mex re the kick-off time.:azn:

Lawrenson's comments on us are up with the play.
    "I have probably been guilty of under-estimating Watford in the past, but I have been very impressed by some of their attacking play and, in Troy Deeney and Odion Ighalo, they have got a goal threat too.
    This should be a decent game, and it is hard to call. But Stoke are not quite firing up front and I think that is where Watford will have the edge."

This is only the second time he thinks that we will win.

5. Mexican Hornet

True, I can´t remember the last time someone set him up with a decent chance.

He broke his Prem duck against Stoke, so maybe that is a good sign for Sunday!!

6. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Very good luck to the Golden Boys! <ok>

andytoprankin likes this.
  7. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Stoke on the telly - Sky are going to do well to hype that up to the neutrals!

Ah but when we win 2-1 they'll miss a classic.

8. A1 Horn

A1 Horn Well-Known Member

Thanks Mex. Got to be careful of Stoke. Last season they won the toss and decided to attack the Vic Rd end first half. I think it really unnerved us and they tore us apart in the first half. In some of the podcasts this week some saying they're not the same team as last season, but we've got to be careful especially if they try that switching ends trick again! Early start to leave south Lincs too this week, around 8.30. Got a few of these coming up though with Boxing and New Year's days both early starts!

9. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

So he doesn't exactly keep up to date then...

10. A1 Horn

Unfortunately they just churn out the same old stuff without the facts...

11. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Well Deeney himself hasn't scored since October 1st.

Its a wonder we've got any points at all!

Walter seemed to suggest in the WO Success (and Cathcart) are still a few weeks away from fitness.

Kaboul a doubt too.

12. Bolton's Boots

Robert Madley has been appointed as ref - last seen at The Vic nearly 12 months ago to the day, when we lost 1-2 to ManUre. Last season he also reffed our 1-0 win over Swansea & the 2-1 win at Palace.

Has averaged 5 yellow cards per game this season...

13. Mexican Hornet

Or just make it up, as of the guardians version of our expected line up (yes the formation may be correct)

845.jpg

I bet 10,000 dollars that isn´t even close, that is how QSF would have done it, square pegs in round holes!!!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
    andytoprankin likes this.
  14. Saxet

Saxet Well-Known Member

A 6 AM start here too Mex. Must make a promise to be a good boy on Saturday night. Maybe.

I jumped the Trumpfence into Tamaulipas earlier today but didn't see you about. Next time maybe.

15. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

Somebody has been paid to produce that. <doh>

16. A1 Horn

Lawro on 5 Live last night. Plus: actually said Watford never get a mention (but then it was only because they were running out of time and only had time to mention the commentary games). Minus: mentioned Deeney and Ighalo combo again like in his written piece and ye olde 'they change their manager every 6 months'.

17. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Don't know if it just me but I always find Saturdays worse without a game. Much prefer us to play on a Saturday than Sunday

18. Bolton's Boots

Same here - if only because it forces me to go grocery shopping on a day when the stores are busy, which I hate. Much prefer the leisurely pace of a Sunday shopping trip...

19. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

I agree. My father-in-law says it frames the weekend. It's like a marker a 3pm kickoff. As a bear of little brain I get confused by an early or late kick-off, let alone Sunday.

20. Bolton's Boots

Nice little favour there from Man City, keeping Burnley down.

Now, if only Southampton and West Ham could do the same tomorrow - beating Stoke would see us up to sixth in the table... <whistle>

I've probably put the mockers on us now, saying that. :(