1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Watford v Bournemouth.

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Mexican Hornet, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

Methinks the telegraph are focusing on the wrong aspects of corruption in football. Whilst I may well have disallowed our third there was far too much else going on in the game for there not to be suspicion. Dean had a dreadful game. He made Kevin bloody friend look even handed. A disgrace.

andytoprankin likes this.
  2. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Sorry, wrong thread!

3. Chris 13

Chris 13 Well-Known Member

Just saying, the Deeney 'disallowed' goal didn't even cross the line. He did head it but used his weight on the keeper so a foul as well.

4. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

Ask your wife to hide the paper and pencils...

5. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

I´d like to thank the woodwork for a point hardly deserved.

6. HHTFC1

HHTFC1 Well-Known Member

Ok I thought we were very good at times, but did ride our luck a bit. That said, two deflections summed up how 'spawney' Bournemouth are. One deflection right in front of Boruc and it goes straight into his hands, another shot from King that I believe Gomes had covered, but takes a deflection, wrong foots him and ends up in the corner of the net!!!

What was wrong with the disallowed goal?

Dean's performance was as awful as I feared and what is frustrating is the lack of consistency in his dishing out of cards...how did Wilson not get booked for persistent fouling?
    Oh...I was at the Vic end, so maybe I didn't see this properly but what was the free kick for Bournemouth about in the first half where their player went down with no-one within 10 yards of him....I need to rewind and play back in slow motion to see if one of our players snuck up and fouled him before running away - a la the Tango ads of the 90's
    Don't want to blame the ref, but you look at some of the planks we have had, you really do scratch your head!!!

Overall, felt pleased with our performance, but left thinking we should/could have got more from the game

7. A1 Horn

A1 Horn Well-Known Member

Agree with much of this. The ball just always seemed to fall for them. I was in Vic Rd end too and was equally baffled when the player went down with no-one around. Another one was the ball went over the bar so Boruc should've kicked from the ground and he ran to the edge of the area and kicked it! I thought we were the better team for the first half hour or so. Perhaps a draw was about right, given we rode our luck with the woodwork. But some of the ref decisions were inconsistent. Couldn't understand how Prodl got a yellow for complaining yet exactly the same offence didn't get cards later on.

8. Jsybarry

Jsybarry Well-Known Member

Prodl's yellow wasn't for complaining - it was for deliberate handball as he knocked the ball away after being pushed over by Wilson.

Markthehorn likes this.
  9. A1 Horn

A1 Horn Well-Known Member

Yes, sorry, was up the Vic Rd end and hadn't seen MOTD when I posted earlier.

10. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

Shocking decision. Foul on Prödl all day long.

11. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Indeed - and then in a funny way he probably could have got sent off later on for a much worse "foul"

12. Scullion

Scullion Well-Known Member

I believe it was GT's birthday.

Really frustrating to get 1 point from 2 games where we should have got 6. Anyway it's great too see some attacking football from us know.