1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Watford v Birmingham

Discussion in 'Watford' started by oldfrenchhorn, Apr 17, 2015.

1. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image
    WATFORD v BIRMINGHAM

VENUE : VICARAGE ROAD
    DATE : 18th April 2015
    Kick Off : 15.00 BST

Yes I am confident of finishing in the automatic promotion places. We have a good team and everyone has the same goal. I believe in the guys, there is nothing to worry about at the moment.

Not my words, but those of
    who went on.

“We have to let the supporters take that feeling of pressure, perhaps it will mean they will support us even more. We are calm and have confidence in ourselves and in each other as a group. So there is no pressure in the dressing room.”

Slavisa Jokanovic is calm?

“We have had 43 games and this is not the moment to relax; it is the time to move a step up and we have to concentrate, arrive to games with confidence and be ready for what we must do in the game. This is what I expect my team to do."

“If you relax in one moment then you can pay a very expensive price.”

Empty in the picture, but tomorrow the stadium will be full again. Can you take the pressure and still urge the team on?

Team News:

Watford striker Fernando Forestieri returns after a month out with a knee injury, but defender Matthew Connolly is a doubt due to a tight hamstring.

USA midfielder Jonathan Spector could feature for Birmingham after making the bench in Tuesday's draw with Blackburn.
    Lloyd Dyer and Diego Fabbrini, who are on loan from Watford, are ineligible.

Our Last Meeting.
    WATFORD’s unbeaten Sky Bet Championship run came to an end on the 4th November 2014, as Slavisa Jokanovic’s men went down 2-1 to Birmingham City.

Clayton Donaldson and Fernando Forestieri netted early goals, in a breathless start to the game at St Andrew's.

And it was Donaldson who struck again late-on to earn a welcome victory for Gary Rowett’s side, who had only tasted victory once at home this season. ​

Current Form:
    Watford
    • Watford are unbeaten in their last four games, winning the last three. Their last defeat was 1-0 against Ipswich at home on 21 March.​
    • Slavisa Jokanovic's side have won seven of their last nine games at Vicarage Road, losing two.​
    Birmingham City
    • Birmingham have lost only one of their last four games. Their only defeat since 21 March was 4-2 at Bournemouth on 6 April.​
    • The Blues have not won any of their last eight away games in all competitions, losing four. Their last win on the road was 3-2 at Blyth Spartans in the FA Cup on 3 January.​
    The Officials: MARK HAYWOOD
    In 35 games this season Mr. Haywood has issued 101 yellow cards and 3 Red ones. He has not had a game in the Premier League.
    Assistants: Elliott Kaye and Simon Knapp
    Fourth Official : Darren Drysdale
    The Championship Table before the Norwich v Middlesbrough game.

1 Bournemouth 43 47 83
    2 Norwich 43 39 82
    3 Watford 43 38 82
    4 Middlesbrough 43 31 81​

What will it look like at 17.00 tomorrow?

:emoticon-0100-smileWHEREVER YOU ARE IN THE WORLD ENJOY THE GAME:emoticon-0100-smile

(If you can)

#fornicforpromotion

Oxford_hornet likes this.
  2. Deleted 1

Deleted 1 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Thanks for the thread OFH <cheers>

I like this idea that the crowd are going to be more nervous than the players - would be great if that was true. No prediction from me as always but here's hoping we can move one more step towards our quest for 91 points. COYH!

#fornicforpromotion

brian_66_usa likes this.
  3. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

A 3/4-1 win but Birmingham have really improved under Rowett - of course they beat us at St Andrews.

4. geitungur akureyrar

geitungur akureyrar Well-Known Member

We must win, the score does not matter. Out score Norwich City would be a bonus. I worry that Birmingham City will be this seasons Leeds United from two years ago.

5. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Think this is the toughest game you have left. They really seem to have their tails up. Win this and even if Norwich win tonight I think you'll do them on goal difference overall.

6. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

I'm not too sure that Brum have their tails up really - their last five away games have seen them gain only one point, whilst conceding 16 goals. With that record, I imagine they must feel nervous about the prospect of facing Deeney, Ighalo and Vydra - not to mention the possibility of FF. I think we're due another win of 'Blackpoolesque' proportions - but will be happy with just a three goal win... :)

7. Bwood_Ranger

You may well be right but those away games have mostly been against the top sides so perhaps a little misleading. Recent form overall is pretty good for a team with little to play for.

8. Bolton's Boots

So being third in the table doesn't constitute being a top team? <whistle>

9. Bwood_Ranger

No doubt you are. I just think this is the sort of game the man on the street would see as a home banker and is probably something like 1/3 or 2/5 when in reality they should run you pretty close.

10. NZHorn

NZHorn Well-Known Member

Nothing can be taken for granted at this stage. We haven't won four games in a row since the Romans left Britain and Brum haven't won away in a while. Something has to give.

11. Raphael

Raphael Active Member

Let's get through tonight first

12. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Cheers for the thread OFH.

An early goal for us tomorrow and it should be fine, the longer it goes on at 0.0 the more Ferguson´s "SBT" might come into account!

13. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

I will admit that the thoughts about tonight's game are almost as stressful as the game tomorrow. :emoticon-0138-think Good job I paid a visit to the cave today.:emoticon-0105-wink:

14. Bolton's Boots

The Pozzos have left??? <yikes>

15. Deleted 1

Deleted 1 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I agree - they have done well recently and the teams with nothing to play for have developed a serious attitude problem where they won't just let us win! Joking apart, and apologies for the cliche, with the way it is panning out there really are no easy games.

16. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

1-0 for Middlesbrough !

Mexican Hornet likes this.
  17. NZHorn

NZHorn Well-Known Member

They are not Roman. They are from Udine!

18. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

19. NZHorn

NZHorn Well-Known Member

We are a point behind second place and they have a huge goal difference advantage.

20. wear_yellow

wear_yellow Well-Known Member

As I have been saying for the last month, every game is massive and we have to win every one. As for the fans needing to be more nervous than the players, there is no doubt about that in the W_Y household....
    But going for a 3-0 home win....to take us second