1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Warnock v Johnson (no contest)

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Hilts24, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

What a difference a change of manager with the right staff has.

A shambolic outfit with little organisation and a clueless manager heading to League 1 transformed into a well organised , physical outfit simply too strong for a Wurzel side who were outmuscled and lost their style and gameplan.

Immediately you can see the physical stuff and strong challenges and some lightweight Bristol City players clearly didnt fancy it and first went backwards with pretty passes in safe areas of the pitch and getting knowhere resorted to playing into our hands by just lumping it forward where our two big centre halves just dealt with it easily.

Hopefully Chamack can help Rickie out. 1st 60 minutes he bullied the 2 wurzel defenders and won challenge after challenge. Compare the clearly outmuscled Tammy Abraham against Bamba and Morrison.

Which brings me to Lee Johnson. If he really thinks the solution was to throw on the hopless Wilbraham was the solution with 30 minutes to go when our side with 3-4 not match fit players was the answer then they will slide down the table pretty quickly.

We may not have held on if hed told them to have the courage and push the midfield forward. We were knackered and the intensity wed had first 45 couldnt have continued.

We will only get better as players get game time and should finish in mid table. Bristol City will probably join us in or around that position. Tammy Abraham obviously has to be much better than that. Teams watching them last night though will see that a few of their side have a problem with the physical stuff and are lightweight.

The exception being the still overweight Lee Tomlin. How someone hasnt got him on a sensible diet I dont know. A wasted career. A class player who should have been playing regularly in the PL.

Jay-Rede likes this.
  2. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We can only say it as we see it. Lightweight manager and team outplayed on and off the pitch.

Off the pitch Warnock set up to disrupt their natural game and Johnson had no answer. Warnock wins no question.

On the pitch the Cardiff side played as a determined team in a way we haven't seen so far this season, and the Bristol players failed to adjust their game to suit. Cardiff wins no question.

Interesting about the mid-table thing there Hilts. Bristol have clearly got a head start and 9 points more than us at the mo - I wonder who will finish highest come May.

Both us and Bristol should learn lessons from that game last night - it's a question who will take the message on board to the best effect.

Grunt and grit won the game and that'll do for a start but we'll need more than that in the coming months. Plenty of time yet but we'll need to start playing our own game on the floor when everyone is up to speed. If we're anywhere around or above mid table come Christmas, the January window will be very interesting.

3. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Sparkey that grit and determination will see us safe comfortably this season. There is also quality there. Trollope was taking us down.

More that happy to settle for safety with the aim to push on next season. Of course there doesnt look to me much in the division. If an opportunity comes to push on then we take it. Bristol Citys squad for example is weak if they have to bring on Wilbraham.

4. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

If Tan wants to see "the Cardiff way" that was more like it, never been a fan of the tippy tappy stuff.

Cardiff are more blood and thunder.

5. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Last night was a refreshing change to the thud and blunder seen before this season.

DaiJones likes this.
  6. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

Tippy tappy is fine if you've got the players. We haven't. We have got quality though if used properly.

I agree with Hilts, mid table is the aim. If we get a bit of luck and get a run of results to try for the playoffs then that's a massive bonus.

7. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Bit harsh on young Johnson. He has done well for Bristol but he will have learnt a lot last night from standing next to & learning from Warnock.

He could also have a word with that portly diving Tomlin. If he concentrated more on his game rather than mouthing off and trying to get penalties he'd be an even better player.

8. Ccfc4ever

Ccfc4ever Well-Known Member

The amount of diving from the Bristol team in and around our box i thought was disgusting.
    On a more positive note if we can strengthen up front with a good backup or a second option for Lambert then I don't see why we can't make the Play-offs this year, a 9 point gap is nothing over 34 games and based on last nights performance I'd fancy us in the Play-offs and as such I've placed a tenner on us to go up this year

DaiJones likes this.
  9. BluefromBridgend

Why Tomlin wasn't booked for his full on pike with flourish in the first half I'll never know. A clear attempt to deceive.

Stevoldinho likes this.
  10. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

Fat b*stard Tomlin is a cheating pr!ck. Unsporting disgrace and could only score while most of our team were distracted by Immers who was on the deck at the time.

11. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Johnson was seen in sports direct buying 2 dozen speedos

Jay-Rede and Blue Sheep like this.
  12. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Tomlin has had too many :emoticon-0166-cake::emoticon-0166-cake: & :emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer:

13. BluefromBridgend

All very true but wouldn't we like to have him in our midfield?

Certainly a Warnock type of player.