1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Warburton Free Agent

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by ibodyslamrhinos, Feb 11, 2017.

1. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

O'Driscoll was the worst manager in the history of Bristol City Football Club
    A fine coach, particularly with the kids but a non-starter as a manager. And a disastrous record at Ashton Gate
    He sent us crashing from mid table Championship to the rear end of League 1 as fast as it was possible to go.
    This was with a squad containing many who went on to feature strongly for other Championship sides.

2. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

who moved them on?

3. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

I think the first half against Rotherham was the worst football I've ever seen us play in all 4 divisions.

4. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Warburton will not be a free agent yet - this one is going to get legal

Anyway we are on an unbeaten run of three games!!

5. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

You clown. O'Drismol built his reputation on shoestrings so what was hampering him, if he's used to that?
    He was a ****ing disaster who you built up based on one game against us.
    Please tell me which club he's gone onto to prove any of us doubters wrong.

I woke up in a good mood till I read his name again

6. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Laughable a bit harsh for him but he's in the Rowett mould, largely unproven and being blown out of proportion. A decent spell at Brentford whose success is often largely attributed to the systematic procedure put in place by the clubs owners, and success at Rangers where, let's face it, every single manager worth his salt should have been successful there.

7. ibodyslamrhinos

ibodyslamrhinos Active Member

I rate him because like Clement he is a proper student of the game. You don't have to be a top player to know how the game should be played. Mourinho and Pellegrini are examples of that. I'm certainly not saying he is the next Mourinho by any stretch, but he is by far and a way better than the man who is at the helm right now! By a long shot.

At least he has made the effort to learn the game all over Europe, how to coach, studied and applied what he has learnt. Started at the absolute lowest and worked his way up. LJ got handed a job because he was impressive in an interview and has so far, got nothing of any merit to showcase for his career in management except a record breaking losing streak for record breaking money ever spent.

If Warburton is laughable. What is LJ???

8. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

Mr O'Driscoll was not the Manager.

Mr O'Driscoll was not a disaster. Part of his remit was to run the team while massive reductions were made by slashing the size of the squad. Expenditure on wages was cut by 60%. The largesse granted to Mr Johnson is in part due to the adherence to the five pillars followed by Mr O'Driscoll.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    Red Robin likes this.
  9. BCFCRob

Thing is, LJ is known for having travelled Europe and studied many different areas of the game. Almost everything you have said could be attributed to LJ as well. What splits them? Because in fairness, Warburton's record itself isn't that much better than LJ'.

'far and a way better than the man who is at the helm right now' - based on what?

10. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Mr O'Driscoll?? He was a ****ing useless coach or manager what ever you want to call him. He's gone on in the game exactly how I would imagine and that's no where. You harp on about Osman days but in my opinion O'Drismolls days were the worse I've been through.
    Don't quote me on anything to do with him as in my opinion he was taking us down to the 4th division and I don't care what remit him or LJ was in at the time.

BrightredRickster likes this.

11. ibodyslamrhinos

ibodyslamrhinos Active Member

That is the the first I've ever heard of LJ actually learning coaching abroad. Between the the two months of being let go at Kilmarnock and getting the Oldham job when exactly was he traveling Europe extensively studying like Warburton?

What separates them? Despite the things I've mentioned about learning the trade from the bottom up? How about a promotion in his first season as manager? How about a win % that eclipses LJ's?

To say he is laughable when he's actually worked hard to be where he is, is notoriously well liked by his players, and has, so far something to show for a short career, is very harsh.

Not only is he better than LJ by far like I've said and backed up with fact, he's available and talking to club in a similar position to us right now.

So what is so far fetched about him? And when LJ is inevitably sacked before the seasons end, what better candidate are you thinking?

12. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

Well Mr O'Driscoll has gone onto jobs at England and Liverpool. Hardly small time.

Mr Johnson would benefit with a % of Russell Osman's defensive coaching. He certainly could set up a defence. Too singled minded as a spectacle for myself and thousands of others though. And that is what is what Mr Johnson lacks, belief in what he does, its chop and change, tinker and more ..

Red Robin likes this.
  13. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

They don't see it Clifton,it is so clear why SoD struggled <doh>

14. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

Jon Lansdowns A level project.

Think anybody would have struggled at the time being told for every three players that go out the one that comes in will have to be under 24.

Cotterill told them it was bollocks, got promoted and had the rug pulled out from under him.

Red Robin likes this.
  15. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Sean O'Driscoll management record ~

Bournemouth ~ Promotion via Division 3 play-offs
    Doncaster ~ Sacked
    Crawley ~ Started end of July 2012, left May 2012, he left the club without managing a competitive game.
    Nottingham Forest ~ Sacked
    Bristol City ~ Sacked
    England U19 ~ Resigned
    Liverpool, Ass Manager ~ Sacked
    Walsall ~ Sacked

Not the greatest CV...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_O'Driscoll

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  16. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

Millwall away under Osman. Game of legend. Junior Bent up top and players clouting the ball long. It was like Dads playing toddlers. Osman was pleased with the 0-0 mind.

17. BCFCRob

I'm sure LJ was well known for travelling Europe on international breaks, think he spent a summer watching Spanish football and was at a few Eastern European clubs too. Swear I read he was at Barcelona one time but I can't back it up. I've read a few article all suggesting the same thing though.

Learning his trade from the bottom up? Same could be attributed to many managers, and it seems to have no bearing in reality. And win % is only relevant if they're achieved in the same circumstances. Moyes got slated at Man Utd and had a better win % than Van Gaal I think.

There's nothing far fetched about him. I just don't see any evidence to back up the claims he's a top manager. And please don't say 'backed up with fact', you've not named one fact there mate. Admittedly I haven't either, but I'm failing to see the benefits of this guy in all honesty.

18. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

Find it funny that Tisdale get's a couple of mentions on here. This is someone who was manager of a team sat at the bottom of League two in November with numerous threads on Exeter forums calling for him to be sacked!!

19. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Especially poor at Crawley, when you get sacked 2 months before you took the job....

20. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

A level playing field? you can pick the best or worse..and make it seem how you want!
    Today a Tesco feature on 12 radio 2 ... I bet they do not state that 3 for 2 .. is mainly on items marked so and people like myself who challenged Tesco about not getting it was because I PICKED 2 MARKED AND 1 NOT...ok the cynical might say ah that's Tesco.s fault but watching some people shop they pick it up and put it down in the wrong place ..
    Bournemouth ~ Promotion via Division 3 play-offs
    DONCASTER ... 2008 PROMTION TO CHAMPS .. sacked after 3 or 4 seasons after previous season not being able to field a team because of injuries
    SOD AT florest helped SC out of the **** after 2 months at Crawley
    Florest after 5 months was VICTIM OF THE AL HAWASI's doing quite well and after a 4-2 win at leeds sacked!
    CITY joined when bottom the league and was unable to sustain the up turn in fortune ..and we all know why ....
    U 19'S ... left for better things
    Liverpool fell foul of the sacking of Brendan Rodgers
    WALSALL won 6 of 16 drew5 lost 5 ..

just a typical CV for about 75% of most managers..........................
    :emoticon-0105-wink: