1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wales needs Cardiff in the Premier League

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, May 22, 2017.

1. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

No, that's not right nos.

In my experience its the same in Holland, France (Where fans from rival clubs spend most of the game booing rival players), Spain (most care more about Real Madrid or Barcelona first then their home team with Spanish national side a poor third). Germany have more home grown, literally from same town or area of the team than we do. Leipzig fine their international players and if they go away to play for their countries during the season. Hamburg too.
    France same, and Russia absolutely don't give a toss about their national side.

I think its a European thing more than it just being British Nos <ok>

2. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

The Fact is there are many bigger clubs than us but being a bigger club dont give you any points. In reality there is no such thing because every club can only field 11 players at any one time, Depending how your club performs will determine what league you are in and what position you hold.....You have richer clubs of course like the top 4-6 but that dont mean you will win the league like Leicesters win last season .....So trying to say you are a bigger club in the lower league because of the ground size or fan base is nonsense.....Arsenal has grown into one of the bigger clubs and they were conceived in a pub by a group of work mates...

3. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Big or small, its irrelevant isn't it?

Chelsea are a small club compared to Man U, Newcastle Utd is huge compared to Brighton but both got promoted and Aston Villa all others in the championship.

No one actually cares about how big their club is do they. What matters to ALL fans is who and importantly, where, they play each week.

Kwame B likes this.
  4. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Annis and Carl care

a lot <laugh>

Stumpy and Kifflom! like this.
  5. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

That's the problem for me. It's not the fact that a club I loathe is in the same league as us - by the way I actually like Cardiff as a city - it's the bellends we'll have to deal with on a daily basis. Let's be honest, with a few exceptions, they are a pretty awful lot. They think the same of us, I know. They were salivating with delight when they got whiff of some blood in the water at our troubles last season, whilst pretending not to care either way.

As for the derbies themselves, yes we have a good record against them but they are incredibly stressful and a costly nightmare to police, both home and away. Can't say I've ever looked forward to them as such.

I have history with their poxy club and their vile fans going back decades so if I'm being perfectly honest I'd rather see the ****ers crash and burn.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  6. swanseaandproud

What a childish attitude Tory boy..<laugh> Schoolboy ground stuff.......Cardiff would be great if they could join us in the premiership as it would boost us to do better than them and keep us on our toes.....

Stumpy likes this.
  7. Kwame B

Kwame B Well-Known Member

There are always advantages though, if we do ever meet our neighbours again (via a cup draw is the only way I can imagine this happening) it would boost swimming lessons in the capital anyway!!

Stumpy, Kifflom! and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  8. swanseaandproud

I can remember watching Celtic winning the first ever European cup.....I cant believe it was 50 years ago today....<yikes>

Stumpy and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  9. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Yep - me too

Stumpy likes this.
  10. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

Yep me too - vivid memories ( the end of my 1st year in NGS Taff)

Taffvalerowdy and Stumpy like this.

11. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Ditto.

Black and white sitting on my Uncle Barrys lap sipping a shot glass of Molson Imperial he brought back from the Army. I remember them having a glass of Stout every morning with their breakfast and a shot of whiskey after their tea back then. One of my first memories <ok>

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  12. Taffvalerowdy

I didn't start at NGS until Sept 1969

13. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Yes, you're so 'adult', Dai. <laugh> I guess 'UKIP boy' doesn't have the same ring, though. Whatever.

I'm just being honest. I don't like their club or their fans who think they deserve to be permanently above wherever we are. Never have, never will. I can honestly say, hand on heart, that if they ended up in non-league I'd be chuffed. We've put up with their crap for years so **** 'em.

14. Taffvalerowdy

I recall walking through Cardiff with my Father & my Son after the Pay-Off defeat at the hands of Barnsley - as we went by a pub (near the church behind the market) which in my Student days was called The Buccaneer, there were a couple of locals who started laughing and taking the p*ss that we'd lost.

Well, look who's laughing & taking the p*ss now.

If I won the Euromillions Lottery tonight, I'd buy the Blueturds then close the Feckers down..... <laugh>

Omly joking, of course <whistle>

Kifflom! likes this.
  15. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

Forgive me for mentioning Cardiff as an example but their supporters, who think they are a big club, have the same mindset as those who think their car is better, house is bigger and think they live in a posh neighborhood. Swansea to me on trophies, attendances and finance is not a big club, not a small club but a medium sized club. However in my heart Swansea will always be the biggest club in the world.

16. Taffvalerowdy

Well said - Swansea is certainly the most important football club to me

17. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Absolutely <ok>

18. Taffvalerowdy

Hey Stumpy - why are you using an image of Dai as your avatar?<laugh>

Stumpy and Kifflom! like this.