1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wael reaction after tonights game...

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

<laugh> I love the guy!

Gasheadseamge79 likes this.
  2. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

3. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

Karma for what? If he was that concerned then seeing he is supposedly that rich then couldn't he have forked out for the fans who went to the first game so you had some better support at the game last night? Surely that would have been a more lovable thing that an one word tweet?

4. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Why would Wael want to put money in the pocket of Swindons owner? Even Swindon fans were not happy about charging us as well as charging their own fans too. Their owner have been disgusting over this.
    Instead Wael gave free coach travel showing he was 'concerned' for his own fans and how 'lovable' he is to us <ok>

Gasheadseamge79 likes this.
  5. Loathsneyd

Neither you or Swindon have set League One alight this season. It could be a crucial and a potentially winnable game for you. Its a local derby just down the road and your fans are quite rightly in my opinion saying they are going to boycott it. Surely you would want your fans there supporting the team. £30k possibly £40k is a drop in the ocean to someone who is supposed to be as rich as he is. He could have in one swoop gone some way to dispelling the rumours that he has no cash, got even more loved by his already adoring Gas public and got his team supported by a cast of thousands in an important game. Who care's about the Swindon owner? Surely it's about your club in the end? I guess its all academic as you won the game but I wouldn't be getting excited about this tweet.

6. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

We have only played just shy of 18% of this league one season, please give us time LS, we are just finding our feet at the moment.

7. Loathsneyd

I know that but my point is that Wael could have done more for your supporters for this game than just free travel and a tweet. I know he is the Messiah and everything and I know it's probably blasphemy to criticise the guy. But forking out £30k to £40k to get a few thousands angry Gasheads at the game cheering on your team and venting their spleen at the Swindon owner would have been better. Again you won the game so it all turned out well in the end.

8. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I dont know if you know all the facts or not. As you have said above that you agree with the fans boycotting the game, im guessing you know a lot if not all the facts <ok>.
    Like you, Wael also agrees with boycotting the game. He has already said so, just like DC had done a few times before the game. Wael knows the full frustrations of our fans and completely agrees with the boycott. He even boycotted the game too. He is not happy with the Swindon owner trying to make a quick buck out of us fans, which was his clear intentions. Swindon dont care who pays them, they just want money. They even charged their own fans too. So if Wael knows this fact, and he does of course, why would he then give his money to Swindon by paying for us all? Just to correct you, you said... "got his team supported by a cast of thousands in an important game"... we were only allocated 900 for this re-arranged all ticket game. I fully get your point that he should want his fans supporting the team. He does want fans supporting the team and gave free travel to the game to those who still wanted to go and support the team, which is a brilliant offer and something that he didnt need to do. He just didnt want to give his money to Swindon just like the rest of us. He knows there was a point being made here to Swindon as did DC. The lack of support last night wasnt ever going to give us an issue. Yes it was a derby and important game, but DC always was going to use this as extra motivation to win the game and he dedicated the game to us fans, something that would have been discussed with Wael first.The lack of fans wasnt going to be an issue for us, so didnt need to fill out the away end.
    Waels tweet last night was brilliant because he was telling everyone that if you treat any fans badly then you get what you deserve and in Swindons case they got nothing, which they deserve. And on top of that, where we took less fans, meaning they got less money from us, meaning they couldnt make a quick buck out of us and therefore still had to pay the policing bill out of their own money, like every other club has to do by the way, Wael knows everything has backfired on Swindon. His simple tweet of "karma" shows he was sticking his middle finger up at Swindon and although you ask "who cares about the Swindon owner", no one does obviously but we love it when it goes tits up for them.

It may not be anything to get excited for you, but its great for us. All about opinions. Its a Rovers matter so I dont see why you would want to get excited anyway :)

As for "dispelling the rumours that he has no cash", why would he want to do that? Whats he got to prove to you or anyone? He had money to buy our club, he wiped out all our debts. He has made some upgrades at the Mem (unnessessary upgrades as we wont be there for long but he has still made them), he has made DC our highest paid manager ever, he has paid for higher wages to key players and purchased land to build a new training complex, all out of his own pocket. He is investor, as someone who knows how to look after his money wisely, why pay £40 million for a stadium out of your own money if you can get others to pay it for you? Makes business sense to me. You reds clearly have an issue about not knowing all of the Al-Qadi's finances. Its personal to them and it doesnt really matter anyway :)

old timer and bs3 gas like this.
  9. Loathsneyd

Fair points and you won the game so there isn't really an issue. It might have been different if you had lost though and you were sat in the relegation zone this morning albeit being early days. :emoticon-0105-wink:

It really is tricky one because I support a team and if my club does something that upsets me then boycotting them is a tool to use. However forgoing supporting my team because of something their opponents have done doesn't seem right and seems to play into the opponents hands.

To be honest I have no issue with his finances. I'm happy with our owner and the way my club is going, just as you are happy with yours. I just feel that maybe there could have been some alternative to not being able to support my team in this game but maybe there wasn't.

10. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Make your mind up Loaths <laugh> either you agree with the boycott or you dont. You cant say you agree with the boycott then say it doesnt seem right to you to boycott due to something the opponent have done <laugh>

Last night was a set of circumstances that meant if we attended then regardless of the result, the Swindon owner would have been happy as he got a few extra bucks his way. Where we didnt attend, he has a bill to pay without the extra funds he was hoping for and been taught a lesson that he cant treat fans (including his own fans) like how he was treating them. Fans should be sticking together against clubs who treat fans with disregard. The added fact that we won just rubs salt into their owners wounds.
    Anyway, just because we were not in attendance, doesnt mean we were not supporting the team. We were supporting the team.

It could have played into the opponents hands but as the owner, manager and the players all known the circumstances and knew that we were all back home supporting them while listening to the game. They had that extra motivation. Look at the farse of the new JPT format. That was boycotted and people were not even interested in listening to the game either. That could play into the opposition hands.

old timer and bs3 gas like this.