1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Vs West Ham (A)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Zanjinho, May 7, 2017.

1. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Even less than that, made a dogs dinner at hull for their opener and that was in Feb.

Otherwise though he's been really good past couple of months. Whether he really has gotten over his jitters or whether its just a purple patch.

I thought he made a mistake where he "saved" of the west ham players shots and it rolled out for a corner when it looked like a routine one in the first half.

2. saintKlopp

We're going round in circles. My point was that although there is obviously room for further improvement there's no need to lightly dismiss that which has already been made.
    Nobody has suggested that everything is rosy, but neither is it all ****-brown.

3. saintKlopp

So unless you never make a mistake it's not an improvement?
    In that case everyone's crap.

Nice to see that you pay so much attention to our games though. <ok>

Last edited: May 15, 2017
    Zanjinho likes this.
  4. moreinjuredthanowen

fair enough but I am still right that the improvement is marginal and led by buying better players.

Nobody is saying the day klopp came in... I'm saying since last season. He's changed a few players around and bought a few but those players he moved were our better players anyway and those he bought in are the ones making things work.

you only need look at results without matip at the back and without mane up top.

Its night and day no?

Last year we were 8th but in two finals and i am fairly sure we could have got 5th/6th if we tried. this year we were in a semi final and maybe get 4th.. a lot less games. so in my view the major improvement is in quality out of thsoe players... plus a bit out of coutinho and lallana.

As we go my view is sign better players and we get better. Moving guys about is great but you have to fill the gaps.

Eg.. if coutinho is a world class no 8 and becomes the new iniesta great... but then you have to replace a left side forward of quality or we will just be looking at a gap. same as lallana moving to no 8 this year. thats great and far better than RW but we BOUGHT MANE to allow it.

If klopp can get more out of certin players by doing this great but we don't have 25 players to allow it., we have to buy.

But yes we are far better than **** cos after all thats what everton are.

5. BobbyD

BobbyD President

I was just going on with MITO about when his last mistake was. Everyone makes mistakes even sideshow Luiz who everyones been praising has made quite a lot recently compared to earlier in the season but has got away with it because of the opposition didn't capitalise and so it hasn't made media news.

Think you have taken it the wrong way though, i've said he's been playing well (same as others), but we are questioning whether he's finally matured as a keeper or whether this is a purple patch (he had another purple patch under rodgers too)

6. saintKlopp

Ok. Let's agree that we're saying the same thing with a different emphasis and move on, otherwise we could be at it all day.

7. moreinjuredthanowen

yes but wheres the fun in that. I'd actually have to do some work then :)

8. moreinjuredthanowen

Its hard to say. It's kind of like rosberg in the F!. he manned up and gave the extra and got the title then said **** it i can't be doing that again. Mingolet needs to come back next season and deliver. then you know the attitude's all business.

even de gea, loris and courtois have made bloopers.

Its just a question of confidence in the guy.

9. saintKlopp

He's been better since he came back after the disastrous Karius experiment. Note I'm not saying he has been perfect, just a distinct improvement on before.
    I've already said it remains to be seen whether it's a permanent improvement, but I would say a purple patch is when you do more or less the same as always but it comes off more often - Mig this season seems to be showing an improvement in overall technique as well as confidence.
    He always was a decent shot-stopper, but now he seems to have learned how to dominate his box better, and take out friend or foe who get in his way.
    Time will tell.....

10. saintKlopp

Wouldn't want that.
    There's always plenty of other stuff to disagree on.

11. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Just because we were **** offensively doesn't mean Mig was ****. He's been really consistent this year.

organic red likes this.
  12. moreinjuredthanowen

except when he was dropped or making woeful errors sure :)

13. moreinjuredthanowen

like what?

trump... dull

election.. god no.

utd being ****... but we agree on that surely

ronaldo v messi?

14. saintKlopp

The world's finally gone completely crazy so **** politics.
    Utd I agree on.
    CRonaldo is undoubtedly a great footballer but is a smarmy narcissistic knob-end to boot, so Messi it is. <ok>
    How about Firmino's teeth and Lallana's hair?

Btw, if we win on Sunday I'll be bob on with my last 9 games points prediction. <ok>

15. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING Well-Known Member

Interesting discussion.

13 (maybe 16 points) improvement is big. If we improve the same again next year, we're challenging.

Criticism of Migs this season is unfair imo. He's hardly put a foot wrong since getting back into the team and he's sweeping very well and commanding his box much better. His distribution is still poor imo, so if we replace it has to be in this area.

Am guessing that stats when both Lovren and Matip have been fit will be much better than when not playing so you could argue that Matip has improved the team and improved Lovren too. Klavan is poor. We need two new CB's

Milner - what else did we expect? He overachieved for the first few weeks. I agree that Clyne is disappointing. We need 2 new full backs.

Henderson had been missing so long it's hard to rate him. I seem to recall that we had more energy in the centre with him in the team and our stats with him playing were good. Getting him back will be like a new signing next season....but is he what we need?

Can had improved massively, as has Lallana.

Gini has been patchy and doesn't offer enough forward passing. Can improve further imo

Coutinho when got has looked world class. Sure he took a while getting fit but his injury wasn't good so it took a few weeks for him to get up to speed. He has clearly improved and I hope we keep him.

Mane has disappointed. I expected more.

Firminho is a work horse. Klopp loves him but has had to use him too much due to injuries elsewhere. We need strengthening a lot up front.

Sturridge is toast. I'm surprised he could still walk on Sunday.

16. moreinjuredthanowen

Henderson imo ok going forward type of thing but lots more gaps and goals against than with Mr Lucas.

Firmino yeah.... needs more unquestionably

17. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

Was right with you until you claimed Mane had been disappointing <yikes>
    Hes been far away best player and we've missed him more than anyone else. If we had him all season and not at ACON or injured for last few weeks then we'd have top 4 sorted already.

18. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

Firm hasn't quite found a role yet because he's versatile and offers so much off the ball. His best position is in that free type role behind striker in 4231 I think but we don't play that role.

Out wide hes water as doesn't have the pace like Mane or burst of acceleration like Cout. But with Firm he does so much of the horrible work up top to help us win the ball and force opponents to go long or give it away. Needs to be bit more consistent in front of goal, missed 3/4 real sitters this year but I think he's been up there behind Mane and Cout as one of best players.

19. terrifictraore

terrifictraore Well-Known Member

26 appearances 13 goals and 8 assists, no too bad for a wide player in his first season in hit and miss team.

20. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING Well-Known Member

<doh> <doh>. It was meant to read Origi.

Mane has been our best player by a country mile <laugh>