1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Vs West Ham (A)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Zanjinho, May 7, 2017.

1. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Now it's 14 points, and 16 if we win the last game

2. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

What a bunch of moaning twats.

organic red likes this.
  3. Red Hadron Collider

<laugh>

4. Red Hadron Collider

Alehouse <ok>

luvgonzo likes this.
  5. Red Hadron Collider

That was an excellent second half.

6. saintKlopp

Really?
    The fact that there is room for further improvement shouldn't detract from that already made.
    We have 13 points more now than our total last year and have won 21 as opposed to 16 games last time. We're all disappointed because earlier in the season we looked like we could do even better, but to say the improvement is marginal is really harsh.
    The quality of the performances has dropped off since the new year, but despite that, the points haul from the last month or so has been reasonable.
    We all get frustrated by the manner in which some points are dropped, but we shouldn't overlook the good things.

7. Red Hadron Collider

A lot of very blinkered people <doh>

8. LuisDiazgamechanger

He was at the treatment table all the time<laugh><laugh>

9. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

He has been injured a lot, but he has still featured now and then during the season and generally lazy couldn't give a sh!t performance. Yesterday he actually tried and actively wanted to get on the ball. Ignoring his injuries, he has a massive attitude problem.

10. LuisDiazgamechanger

If Sturridge have to leave Liverpool for West Ham or any bottom half club, i
    t's a demotion he is not going to like it.

11. moreinjuredthanowen

Last year i would point out we sacrified at least 4 league games at end and never tired a leg to go for europa.

I've pointed out not that points or anything else is defferent, just purely the quality on display. Matip and mane are the guys who've imporved.

Let me be clear.

I'm talking
    clyne.. any better no
    Mingolet... really any better? not much, just lately seems in good form but is it last change?
    Lovren.. any better? nope
    Can, henderson... nope.

and the list goes on.

We've marginally improved in quality.. that the point. As if you improve the quality the results will come.

We need to see more from lallana, more form coutinho.. build upon mane and matip but who we carry forward and what quality is added to those 4 names will determine results. Its really that simple. Who can klopp develop out of current lot to be a lot better and more consistent and who can he buy to build quality into the side

BobbyD likes this.
  12. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member

If at the beginning of the season we were told we would get top 4 we would all have been chuffed. If we do get it I will consider it a good season were we have moved on. Next stage is a proper challenge for the Prem and CL next season after attracting some better players in the summer.

13. saintKlopp

Whoa there. Mignolet has improved significantly. Whether he can keep it up remains to be seen, but at the moment he's streets ahead of last season.

organic red and Solid_Air 2 like this.
  14. Red Hadron Collider

Yep. He catches the ****ing thing much more consistently now, apart from anything else.

15. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

One thing did notice is Sturridge seemed genuinely happy and celebrated when other players scored. Normally he looks like couldn't give a ****!

He put in real decent performance and no coincidence that it's when was given more freedom because had Origi up top alongside him. He can't play up top on his own, and that's when he's looked lazy in the past. Because he's probably concerned about holding position rather than floating around and out wide.

16. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Been greatbfrpm crosses last 4/5 months since he's decided to go back to punching. Everyone would love keeper to catch everything but if he feels more comfortable coming out and dominating his box by punching ten id take it. He generally gets good distance as well which is important rather than palming it to the penalty spot

17. moreinjuredthanowen

in last 2 months yes. perhaps even 3? is that purple patch or improvement?

I'm sure we'd all love to have a guy keep that increased level.

Has lallana improved then? or just moved to more suited position and did he sustain it or did he sign a contract and drop his level? I don't know. I would peronsallylike to give klopp credit for Lallan's positioning and form.

Again, has clyne, lovren, milner, can, henderson improved really? not so much.. they may just not be good enough and adding quality is whats needed

Has firmino improved or has he just played in a better position... probably the latter... Is he good enough for us going forwards as no 9.. god no IMO... but again he's what klopp had and he got goals and assits out of him.. in certain games.

the point is matip and mane improved us and others move aorund them and become better players

Without mane out attack seized up. we all can see it. My point is add more quality and the team will improve.

18. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Given his 1 performance in 5. Only has 2 years left on his contract, i'd be delighted if he got a new bumper contract so that he didn't leave.

He's your version of Abou Diaby, fit for about 5 games in the season where arsenal fans could boast he was amazing

19. moreinjuredthanowen

5 months ago was January when we were absolutely the pits. 3 months max.

As long as he doesn't miss anything coming when he cant get there and he punches everything but he stops the shots everyone would be happy.

but the brain farts are not so long ago... as i said chelsea... ahem... 31st january.. cost us 2 points. He has improved as the time has gone on but.. equally matip really helps cos that lad can defend, gets in right positions.

20. moreinjuredthanowen

It was a diamond formation

coutinho was left side no 8 and wijnaldum right side with lallana supporting the two up top.

You could simply swap firmino and origi and se eif the same results occur.

Long term thats a very light midfield. could you see those 3 midifelders play v "a better side"?

Maybe.... maybe not.