1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Vs West Brom (A)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Zanjinho, Apr 9, 2017.

1. saintKlopp

Letting your prejudices get the better of you again?

2. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

Firmino was decent in the first half but exceptional in the second half. That's the level of performance I expect from him - he has stepped up since Mane has been out.

This was his best performance this season and unsurprisingly, came playing off the striker.

As Saint said, I thought we pretty much controlled the game bar the last 10 odd mins which was schoolboy football. We had plenty of opportunities to waste time and hold the ball up but kept losing it high up the pitch.

A relatively solid defensive performance as well but still made 2 big errors which could have cost us.

All in all, another 3 points away from home. These past two games have been tough but we managed to grind it out. Next is Palace at home which should be a banker and is a must win as our rivals all have relatively easy games as well.

66 points with 5 games left and on course to get 70 plus points which is a rarity over the last 10 years. Good progress.

3. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING Well-Known Member

Burnelys home form is better than Utd's <ok>

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  4. moreinjuredthanowen

Did you not think he looked like he was struggling to run at times yesterday, just compared to other times in Season? As I said at least he got himself on the pitch, he clearly has an issue

Also I presume you missed him trying a headed pass to nobody which West Bromwich broke from and almost scored......

5. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

He always looks like he's knackered and can't run properly to be fair to him. Think that's just his style of running.

In the first half when Cout played that ball through and he ran after it and hit left foot effort wide he looked tired! And had only been playing 10-15 mins.

6. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member

My Mrs thinks he looks like the cat from Red Dwarf!

please log in to view this image

7. saintKlopp

I saw it. I also saw Matip completely lose his man, I saw both him and Lucas put the ball out needlessly with sloppy, misplaced passes, I saw Can try a ridiculous pass when he should have held on to it to see the game out.
    I saw a long list of small mistakes by most players in the team. I see these every week, because that's football and nobody's perfect. To single out one of our best players for continued abuse is becoming obsessive, and to say he was one of the opposition's most creative players is absurd. Your hounding of him is becoming quite tedious, tbh.

8. moreinjuredthanowen

yes matip enhanced the issue by diving in.... and lovren gave up in the chase.

both or actually all 3 of the back 3 of matip lucas and lovren (and it was a back 3 for 80% of the game there) were sloppy early on

I also agree the only guy i saw really do the right thing late on was wijnaludm who just held the ball and just refused to give it away.

My actual point was west brom were that ****ing bad he managed to create their only chances.... you of course jumped down my throat :)

same as the defence that he looked like he was struggling to run a bit (which was a compliment of his commitment) the auto jump to defence without thinking :)

9. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

Might want to have a look at the Gini one again, he ended up trying a 50 yard cross field pass with his left foot and gave the ball away! Rather than run it down the line when he's got past Forster, or shoot into open goal, or find a simple pass!

Lovren was really sloppy on the ball, about 3 times he just put it out of play under no pressure!

Their 1v1 did come from Firm giving it away but that's about the only time he did anything wrong in game to be fair to him. He even saved a certain goal with his little header at the back post to stop Chadli having tap in to make it 1-0 so need to give him some credit there.

Goven he scored and also set up Milner for tap in, think can cut him some slack for one misplaced header, especially when others like Gini, Can, Lovren gave the ball away a lot more in easier situations.

10. saintKlopp

Like you jumped all over Firmino for the one mistake he made in an otherwise very good performance from him.
    Scored the winning goal, narrowly missed one where he should have done better, set up both Coutinho and Milner who also should have done better, set up Origi to score but was unfortunately offside by the skin of his coruscating teeth, took the ball off Chadli's toe to prevent an almost certain goal, picked the opposition's pocket at least three times that I recall to regain possession in their half, first line of defence, ran himself into the ground and was still able to get up to Moreno's runaway miss near the end.
    And did I mention he scored the winning goal?
    And you focus on one error. You clearly have an agenda, and it's one I just can't fathom.

luvgonzo likes this.

11. moreinjuredthanowen

Wrong :)

Plus saying one error is patently unrealistic given clyne nearly had his leg chopped off as a result of Firmino's attempted cruyff turn rather than clearance.

You just can't see you are defending where no defense is needed as I've not even attempted to slag the guy off.

I said...... west Bromwich were so bad the only chances they got were off Firmino trying stuff.

If you'd even ask what I thought of other players efforts like origi you might get enough context to make a judgement of what I think.

Apology Accepted btw :angel:

12. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I thought Firmino was poor in the first half. I even said he was anonymous about 2mins before he scored the winner too.

13. FedLadSonOfAnfield

so anonymous all you could see was a glowing set of teeth floating around the pitch like those halloween fangs

Zanjinho likes this.
  14. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

We won ugly Woohoo <party>

Solid_Air 2 likes this.
  15. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

Who are you calling ugly?

16. FedLadSonOfAnfield

WOoOo! WOoOOoO! WOoOooOoo!

17. FedLadSonOfAnfield

I dunno, who did we win ??

18. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

Firmino :
    Scored the goal
    Most ball recoveries
    Most chances created
    Most successful take ins

All round good performance. <ok>

Alisson Becker is N01 likes this.
  19. LuisDiazgamechanger

Pullis.:laugh:.

20. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

Was going to mention at the time but forgot and mito just reminded me.

How did Livermore I think it was not get at least a booking, potentially more for that tackle on Clyne. Nothing seemed to be made of it but went over the ball ans got Clyne in the shin wth his studs!