1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Vs Leicester (away)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Zanjinho, Feb 12, 2017.

1. wishiwasinliverpool

wishiwasinliverpool Well-Known Member

I agree with both, we haven't got any other options but Hendo as captain atm

2. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I thought Caulker was just a loan to cover Sturridge :huh:

3. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Don't exaggerate, my dog could never drink out of Mignolet.

4. saintKlopp

Aaaaargh. No, just no.

organic red and Zingy like this.
  5. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

He would have been better than Migs or Karius in goal. Maybe not the long term prospect we need, but "acceptable" for now.

Zingy likes this.
  6. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Hart is error prone just like Mingolet, he's a decent Keeper nothing more. Please remove heads from arses.

Our team is capable of playing good football, we've seen it this season. This has been a terrible period and it has highlighted the much needed improvements but let's chill here and let Klopp do his job.

3 windows? Two January silly seasons and 1 Summer window. I'm tempted to say he's had one transfer window.

Hopefully we can turn this around and get in the top 4 the are plenty of games to play yet.

saintKlopp and organic red like this.
  7. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Being better than Migs or Karius is the bar / level we should be aiming for.

Sure, we want to improve each position and maybe Hart would do that but is he at a level we expect?

It's like owning a skateboard and you get a new job that requires you to have a car so you buy a push bike!

8. wishiwasinliverpool

He may well have been I can't remember but still begs the question what's the point of borrowing a book if you don't read it?

9. wishiwasinliverpool

Perhaps, but he's a better bet than either Mignolet or Karius and has a lot more experience.

10. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Karius was bought for a reason and I'm sure he'll improve as our defence does, lets face it you could put De Gea in our goal and he's going to concede so I'd suggest we stop looking at ****e like Hart and solve the whole problem of our goalkeeper being constantly exposed.

11. LuisDiazgamechanger

Games are running out. When we got the fixtures, Arsenal first game then Tottenham, we won one and drew one. Everyone was optimistic of a strong finish
    at the end of the season. Without European football we were playing less game. Where do we finish every one's guess.

12. carlthejackal

carlthejackal Well-Known Member

It seems that the more easy the task and the weaker the opposition (on paper) the more we've struggled. The top opponents who are currently flying like Spurs Arsenal and City, we've found it relatively easy. Surely there must be something in this. It cannot be dismissed as coincidence. Either the players don't put in the effort against so called weak opposition (the saint Klopp theory ;) ) or the manager does not have an alternative effective system to tackle teams who simply defend and would be happy with a point (my opinion).

Sturridge has been absent most of the time and if he is not injured why is he not playing? We simply need a Zlatan to unlock tight defences and also to provide a focal point. Who is currently this player in our squad?

It seems to be saying the obvious that we needed new players - in defence as well as in other parts of the pitch. Klopp has had 3 windows to address this and he CHOSE not to. So for people to only blame the players is wrong IMO. When Klopp angrily chastise his players for not following his instructions he is sailing close to the wind. There is a fine line between players not doing what the manager asks and the manager "losing the dressing room". We all know what the consequences of the latter are.

No one can argue with the hard statistics. In his first 56 matches, his record is exactly the same as Rodgers'. And Rodgers did get us a runners up place. Whereas this season we have been out of domestic cups by not putting in decent players to compete in the guise of giving youth a chance. Do the likes of Southampton or the Mancs put youth players in Cups. Losing like winning becomes a habit and it looks like the club is learning this the hard way.

wishiwasinliverpool likes this.
  13. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Bringing Konchesky back would be an upgrade on Moreno too but....

14. moreinjuredthanowen

I think people simply miss the fact that with donkeys like lucas and can playing AND the opposition willing to physically front up AND the game being away that we were always going to do this.

You could tell from the first 5 mins that wijnaldum was in no way up for it and looked really nervy for example. His record away form home is not simply goal scoring is it. great little player with time and space and all that but close him down fast and he folds.

15. LuisDiazgamechanger

@moreinjuredthanowen .Threat for Arsenal game is a bit late. You usually do them immediately after our last game !.:emoticon-0133-wait::emoticon-0133-wait:.

16. moreinjuredthanowen

I've told everyone i am never doing them again.

it should not be a shock to anyone.

17. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

I think Caulker was brought in to cover at CB............4 of our 5 CB's at the time were crocked <yikes>

18. wishiwasinliverpool

Well said, and you state what the majority are thinking but most of whom will argue against those thoughts with excuses defending Klopp and the players because frankly some don't want to admit there's a problem, some agree, but don't have an answer, yet, although we can sit here pontificating and debating, we have no influence, anyway. It's not down to us.

IMO Klopp is trying to turn bang average into world beaters and none of them can cut the mustard. He got them doing it before Christmas but they haven't been able to keep it up. He's got rid of some of the lemons, Benteke for example, but where are the replacements?

Sturridge: why the hell is he still here if Klopp won't play him? Has Sturridge done a Payet and said he won't play for us any more, forcing us to sell? Not to my knowledge.

Why do we still have the following players: Mignolet (forget the 5 year contract), Lovren, Moreno, Can, Lucas...all useless and frankly, passengers?

If Klopp has been told by the owners to use kids as back up instead of buying experience that's not going to go down well with the fans.

People have said well if that defeat to Leicester isn't a wake-up call...what about the defeats to Southampton, Hull, Burnley...? 2 wins in 12. It's not good enough and there are a lot of impatient fans out there...

19. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I see we've gone into essay mode #imout

wishiwasinliverpool likes this.
  20. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

Summary?