1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread vs Hoffenheim (A)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Zanjinho, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

Moreno wasn't particularly good but as per usual, he wasn't as bad as people make out.

Hoffenheim doubled up on him and he had little support. Plus - he has to play with a complete and utter clown next to him.

* Record Points Total likes this.
  2. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

We were shocking first half, but much better in the second. Hoffenheim deserved their goal and maybe another. Good result for us though

3. LuisDiazgamechanger

Every cloud, there is a silver linning Alexander-Arnold was the silver linning yesterday..

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  4. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

We were better once Hendo came off <ok>

wishiwasinliverpool likes this.
  5. moreinjuredthanowen

Cos I care.

It's the worst organised klopp team we have seen....imo

6. moreinjuredthanowen

Agreed. Just what the game plan was or what he thought he was at I don't know.

If he took 2 steps back not just ran forward he would be twice the player.

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  7. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I care <hug>

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  8. moreinjuredthanowen

Well said.

Alisson Becker is N01 likes this.
  9. moreinjuredthanowen

Slightly sorry yes but if he bother to learn any English he could have bollocked them out of it. It was pure luck thry didn't get 3 or 4.

I agree salah needs time per on at comment

10. moreinjuredthanowen

Yup all of that and a healthy chunk of wtf are you at to klopp.

11. wishiwasinliverpool

wishiwasinliverpool Well-Known Member

Well, I was going to say what a good job it was Hoffenheim couldn't hit a barn door - until they hit the barn door! <doh>

And what had Mignolet been smoking!? He was inspired - he won't do that again for another 9 matches

Defence is still dire but yes when Hendo went off it was much better. Milner for captain??

TAA was boss!

12. LuisDiazgamechanger

Hoffenheim boss Julian Nagelsmann reacted angrily to Jurgen Klopp's suggestion that Liverpool nullified the threat of the Bundesliga outfit for long periods of the Champions League play-off first leg.
    The Reds won 2-1 in Germany with Klopp claiming that his side “played defensively really well because the plan was to let them play in the spaces that we believe were not dangerous”.
    p:nth-of-type(2)","sizes":[[8,8]],"hideOnSensitiveArticle":true,"relativePos":"after","additionalClass":"in-article","name":"div-gpt-ad-vip-slot","type":"VIP"}'>
    However, Nagelsmann, whose team enjoyed 63% possession, believes Klopp was just putting a positive spin on the fact that Liverpool were on the back foot for much of the contest at the Rhein-Neckar-Arena.

13. Milnermino Lamborini

Milnermino Lamborini Well-Known Member

We won!! I will take similar results over the next few games until we can stick it up to Barca at the end of the window.

This game just highlights the dearth of attacking creativity when Coutinho mad Lallana are out of the squad.

Hendo Can and Wiji are good ball shifters who when playing together we become to rigid. But drop one and sprinkle them with some creative spark and we are a different monster. It is not their fault Coutinho got his head turned and Lallana got the Sturridge flu.

I believe we need to hold on until the window closes and if we are not getting VVD we may as well refuse to sell to Barca. No need weakening ourselves

14. carlthejackal

carlthejackal Well-Known Member

Strangely enough, they are both right and both wrong in certain aspects. Hoffenheim had most of the ball but I felt that although they dominated possession they lacked that cutting edge. And I rarely felt that they were going to win that match. On the other hand it can't have been our strategy to allow them to dominate the midfield. Our midfield were really poor and aginst a side with more confidence and more sharpness at the front we would have been punished.

The premiership match against Palace will give us an idea of the things to come when (if) we have to negotiate the CL matches proper. Will we be able to cope with different styles of football and have we got the squad in depth? For me we have to inject new youthful talented blood into that midfield.The way it was overrun was worrying.

15. saintKlopp

You're not. Having incurred Jimmy's wrath after the last game by saying I still think Moreno needs a lot of work, I have to agree that he was left out on a limb last night.

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  16. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

It seems to me that our system is not working, players don't understand their roles on the pitch in open play and from set pieces. Great when we have Mane or Salah on the ball but when it's anywhere else on the pitch we don't seem to understand what to do with it.
    The link (Coutinho) isn't there and we just seem lost. It goes to show that he cannot leave without a similar replacement.

17. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Thought you got away with that a bit last night.

If they slot the pen it's a different game. Home leg should be a relative formality now though.

Alisson Becker is N01 likes this.
  18. LuisDiazgamechanger

Liverpool on brink of signing Arsenal target Jean Michael Seri - report
    LIVERPOOL are closing in on the signing of Nice midfielder Jean Michael Seri
    Anfield chiefs are 'about to seal the deal' with the Ligue 1 club, according to TransferMarketWeb.

Jurgen Klopp turned to Seri after abandoning the pursuit of RB Leipzig's Naby Keita.

The Reds had a £66m bid knocked back by Bundesliga runners-up Leipzig for Keita.

And they will wait for a £50m (€55m) release clause in his contract to activate next summer.

Liverpool recently registered their interest in Seri.

He has two years left to run on his contract, which contains a £36.4m (€40m) release clause.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...ransfer-News-Arsenal-Jean-Michael-Seri-Gossip

19. Magic Ted

Magic Ted Talulah

No game is a formality when you have our defense. There will be pressure, let's see if we crumble

20. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

Given the number of chances at both ends, that game could have finished up 5-5 easily

Solid_Air 2 likes this.