1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Vs Crystal Palace (H)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Zanjinho, Aug 16, 2017.

1. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Robertsons delivery was very good today. Shame we didn't manage to get anyone decent onto the end of them. Mane and Matip should have both scored from crosses.

Diego likes this.
  2. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

Thats because the majority of our team are midgets. If Robertson plays, the so must Solanke as he's the only forward that can actually head a ball

3. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING Well-Known Member

Maybe that's what Klopp meant when he said that he has to learn how we play.

He has to learn that we have a team of midgets up front and his 'good crosses' are actually a total waste of possession. If you can't cut in and slip a little through ball into Mane, then go backwards lad. Jeez <doh>

4. LuisDiazgamechanger

I am happy that we won ugly against Palace yesterday, otherwise we are going to be 4 points against united early in the season.

5. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

We heavily rotated the squad and still able to create chances and win the game.

Hendo and Gini were useless.

6. Milnermino Lamborini

Milnermino Lamborini Well-Known Member

Well heading a ball has nothing to do with height it's more to do with timing. That's why Matip is pants at scoring corners he just lacks the scoring nous.

Yesterday's best header came from our midget aka Salah. It's a case of not having an overload from the likes of Wiji who showed he can head a ball.

It's important that that part of Robertson's game is not curtailed and turn him into another Milner. It's a good tool to have over and above our speed merchants

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  7. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

It has everything to do with height. If your 5'9" and a good header of the ball versus a 6'4" equally good header of the ball, I know who I'd back.

I get your point though. I was being a little sarcastic <ok>

8. moreinjuredthanowen

Let not forget:

Klavan coughed up a sitter which benteke missed...

Palace were so **** they could not score v lfc...

Shocking stuff.

9. LuisDiazgamechanger

I disagree, when you are playing against a player like Peter Crouch you stand a little chance of winning the ball in the air.

10. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member

The secret is to carry a small ladder and hope the ref does not notice, if it is the ref from the Utd/Swansea game there would be a good chance of getting away with it

11. saintKlopp

Hmmm.
    Remember Tim Cahill?

12. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

Very well. Freak.

I'd still take my chances. A good big un will always beat a good little un. Obviously, it's as much about the runs you make and the space you find as much as height...I get that but in a 50/50, height is critical. My initial point was really that we have no height and do t make those types of runs....

13. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

umm having watched our CB's i'm not so sure i'd fully agree

14. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

I said 'good'

I was very specific <laugh>

Solid_Air 2 likes this.
  15. saintKlopp

I get your point, but technique is equally as important as physical prowess in many areas of football. Crouchie was rubbish considering his height advantage. Height only gets you to the ball easier, it doesn't mean you can do anything with it.
    As for Robertson, imagine the stick he'd get if he starts passing back rather than put in a cross when he has the opportunity. If we're going to play him, we'll have to adjust to his strengths - which means either playing Solanke, or getting the others to time runs into the box to suit.
    Also, a good cross can cause mayhem in a defence, and there can be advantages beyond getting a big lump on the end of it.
    We might actually get a plan B out of him.

Oh, and don't call me freak. :emoticon-0110-tongu

16. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

Robertson had more touches on the ball in this one game than Gini has had in his last 3 games.

* Record Points Total likes this.
  17. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Don't want to prematurely ejaculate over Robbo, as I remember thinking Moreno was the bees knees after his goal in his second game against Spurs, but here's an undeniable fackt - the lad can cross a ball. And Solanke can head a ball. There could be good times ahead.

Bumps likes this.
  18. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

a couple of the balls he curved round the FB begged for a near post run by one of our forwards. That sort of ball doesn't even need to be aerial.
    Whenever i saw him for Hull it was the defensive side of his game that looked the weak aspect of his game so until we see him being pressured defensively yesterday will just be a pleasing offensive cameo imo.

19. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

I disagree with your disagreement - I was a short arse full back who didn't like heading the ball, but I was a bloody expert at stopping others getting a clean header in (usually by expert use of elbows in their ribs or kidneys). I never gave one pen away. Clyne (when he was good) did the same thing.

Besides which, set-pieces apart, a good full-back stops the crosses coming in in the first place

20. wishiwasinliverpool

wishiwasinliverpool Well-Known Member

High time we started to win ugly. If we bore the tits off people by being defensive and grinding out the 1 nils, then so be it. Yer Chavs and Manures have got away with it in the past, so now it could be our turn.

We've been too daft. We can either defend, midfield or attack one at a time, we can't seem to do all three, at least not right now.