1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Vote LIBERAL DEMOCRAT

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Terror ball, Apr 22, 2015.

1. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

At the end of the day Terror, you can pontificate about your so called positive Lib-Dem policies in your fantasy Lib-Dem world all you like, but try telling all this garbage to the 42,000 families who lost their social rented homes last year due to a combination of the Bedroom tax, and other cutbacks in benefits from your Tory Lib coalition. Housing association's are admitting that the Bedroom tax has caused huge problems for them in the inner cities, since they do not have these one or two bedroom properties for families to down size to, also in the first 3 months of this year another 11,000 families were evicted from the rented accommodation, all due in the most to your LibTory scum policies.......<ok>

How does this bring cohesion in society? It doesn't, what effect does this have on the children of those 53,000 families, in my mind you need to be a heartless bastard to have gone through with all this, which is what your Tory Scum are, but you reap what you sow, where do all these evicted families end up? Private rental? how does that save the tax payer money? It doesn't, but who gives a damn if in the end it all back fires on the Torries with even higher housing benefit costs, the real damage is done in the lack of stability and security for those 53,000 families, and broken families, there will be repercussions from all this, there always is, every action, has a reaction.

Tenant evictions reach six-year high? Link: http://www.theguardian.com/money/20...reach-six-year-high-rising-rents-benefit-cuts

Jager likes this.
  2. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

Let's not forget that a huge portion of those evicted would be also disabled, so someone has a home specially adapted for them to help bring normality into their lives, only for them to be told either they lose 15%-25% of their rent, whilst being faced with eviction because their benefit doesn't stretch so far.

The fact is the government appears to be above the equality act that is there to protect against discrimination , they are an absolute disgrace, and the liberals support this, they even supported this in their election campaign! They are like the Tories

swantastic and DragonPhilljack like this.
  3. DragonPhilljack

Very true Jager, despicable is not the word, but it all comes under the grand Tory scum plan to remove the poor from London to free up development for further elite moving in from around the world................<ok>

swantastic likes this.
  4. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

For the tories to allow this shows they have no conscience or sense of fairness ! How could so many have voted for them hence condoning it ?

Come to think of it those new anti extremist laws they were on about bringing in today would have to be applied to themselves too ? so their fooked ?

Last edited: May 14, 2015
  5. ProjectVRD

ProjectVRD Well-Known Member

Are there numbers to show that the majority are disabled?

I ask because I have no issue with bums being chucked out and forced to move back in with their wider families. I know of many bums, whose way of life is an affront to society, who should be vacating their tax funded home so a hard working family can move in as their fulltime salaries don't meet the ridiculous demands of private landlords.

True these bums have children, from what I have seen with my own eyes though they have already chosen a life of problems. But there are choices to be made no matter if people don't want to face them, and one choice is do we house those who are working but can afford to pay the council rate of rent or do we continue paying for those who have no intention of ever contributing, thus forcing the working to pay for them?

6. swantastic

It still comes down to not having enough 1 and 2 bed houses to offer them to move in to before giving up what they were given in the first place ? The disabled and elderly and most vulnerable should be left alone if they dont think they could cope with being evicted. But i agree the bums should be helped to down grade to make way for our working contributing families that need the space more than the `bums`.

7. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

8. DragonPhilljack

More than likely, but I don't really care, have we come to this as a nation, where we feed the greedy from the pittance resources of the poorest in society? If you look at Jagers last post with the link, you'll read that the number of disabled potentially effected is approx 400,000, though the DWP thinks it could be less, how can you target such a minority and discriminate against them? there are 60+ Million in the UK and we target the most vulnerable minority? what does that say about our society? Civilised? who will be next when the next banking crisis hits, the elderly? it's a very slippery slope when your government goes down such a road, and remember this Project, you could be next?? You do not know whats around the corner, and unforeseen circumstances can befall any man......................<ok>

Our Country, who's? Globalization? Manipulation of the masses? By who?

The Top 1% in the UK have amazed £32 Trillion in offshore accounts?

The picture is looking very bleak for the future generations.

WHY ARE THERE FOOD BANKS IN 2015?

9. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

Thing is about this, these lazy bastards who have never worked in their lives expect to be kept by the taxpayers, they should get off their collective arses and try and find a job.

The disabled don't choose to be disabled, this is not a choice where they can make lifestyle changes and simply go to work, they are stuck with what has been foisted on them.

When a government then takes up to a quarter of their rent money from them , they can't possibly try to earn that money back even, as guess what ? They are probably not physically possible, and if they were they'd get the rest of their rent taken off them.

These politicians need a good dose of reality, we won't see these people do **** all now until they want to be voted in again, no wonder people don't vote when they have these choices.

10. Terror ball

Terror ball Well-Known Member

Yes, but we have had 10,000 new members join over the last few days. The vast majority of which have never belonged to the party (or any other party).....and in your view there was no chance the Tories could win a majority last time out. So forgive me if I don't take your view very seriously.

We are not a non-entity, if we had proportional representation we'd have more seats....we still have 8% of the vote putting us in 4th place, behind UKIP.
    After the European referendum what do you suppose becomes of UKIP?

It might take a few elections but we will claw our way back to being the 3rd party at least. As time passes the history books will be kind to us and our record of doing the right thing when it mattered, we might end up stronger.

11. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

So in a few centuries then they may get to second? Well won't be around for that, so in a couple of decades they may get back what they lost in half of one . <laugh>

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  12. Terror ball

Sorry Jager, difficult to take you seriously when earlier on this thread you declared that you didn't really want to vote Labour, the Greens had more policies you agree with....a couple of pages later there you are arguing against proportional representation.
    Joined up thinking not your strong point is it.

13. Terror ball

My party opposed the bedroom tax....it was a bad idea as I expressed earlier on this thread.
    It seems though that some people can't/won't read and wish to misrepresent what I have stated and what my party's policy is.

....but I wonder if everybody knows the detail on those 'self-declared' figures IDS was on about?
    A third were actually in receipt of Disability Living Allowance (far too many mistakes that the Courts will no doubt find in favour of, bad policy) which leaves 30 odd % of the total who self declared as disabled under the Equality Act 2010.
    This is a grey area, some will definitely have their life chances hampered by their condition but some are able to live perfectly normal lives.

I just checked the list of conditions that qualify.....7 of my nearest and dearest could self-declare as disabled under that Act. Only 1 of the 7 has declared and is actually in receipt of benefits.
    4 of the 7 have their own business and are successful, despite long term medical conditions.

So, bad policy....some people have had their income reduced and been put through stress that really shouldn't have but some of those people have 'self declared' because it gave them an advantage on the waiting list for houses (ask anyone who works in housing whether this happens....it does).
    The whole area is a mess....and really, the LABOUR PARTY should have been building more social housing during their 13 years in government.
    If they had done there wouldn't be so much pressure to find people somewhere suitable to live, which has resulted in the Tories embarking on this disastrous policy.

14. Terror ball

Actually some do choose to declare themselves disabled while some with the same condition don't....only a small percentage of the disabled figures come under this category I admit, but it is still true.

....and some are even committing fraud.
    This is part of the human condition. A small amount of people will always get away with what they can get away with and this is expensive for everybody else.

I used to work for the state and I remember one female colleague who was massively overweight and more importantly completely **** at her job.
    She came under pressure (her own cock ups caused this) and rather than quit she went on the sick, claiming that her weight problems were preventing her from doing her job.....she would play the system, staying off for the maximum amount of time possible before returning for a couple of weeks and then going on the sick again.
    This went on for nearly 2 years. My boss, who was very competent and just as overweight, had to pick up the pieces...working late every night and weekends.

My sister has experience similar. Catching a member of her staff out lying about the work she had declared she had done in the community....when rumbled she went on the sick and my sister's higher ups advised that she couldn't be sacked.

My point being that although most of those in receipt of benefits will be perfectly entitled there are always some who are taking the piss.

I disagree with the bedroom tax by the way so don't try and misrepresent me, I am merely pointing out that you sound naïve at times.

15. DragonPhilljack

I don't have issues with clamping down on those that play the system (Actually we should start with westminster then) and have nothing wrong, but this was a wholesale attack on the sick and disabled that I find disgusting, disabled told that they were now fit for work with serious heart issues, dead in weeks because they believed the lies of ATOS? for the last two or three years I have read time and time again how the genuine were target without any dignity whatsoever. I agree the whole area is a mess, but are we incapable of handling this better? Additionally should we ever be struggling with lack of housing in 2015? our leaders and that whore house westminster has let this country down badly, they are only concerned with big business period.

swantastic likes this.
  16. swantastic

should never need food banks in this so called wealthy country but if not careful victorian values will be back with workhouses next !

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  17. DragonPhilljack

I clocking off now, but if I had my way. I'd line the whole Torry party up against a wall and do the planet and mankind a big favour............<cheers>

18. Terror ball

A balanced view on housing here (it's quite kind to Labour actually)...

https://fullfact.org/factchecks/labours_social_housing_record-1455

It shows that the roots of the problem start with Thatcher selling off the social housing stock with 'right to buy',
    but it also shows that New Labour were building new social housing at half the rate of the previous Tory administration.
    This despite the Labour Party's opposition to selling off the housing stock and despite receiving a booming economy from John Major, Kenneth Clarke and co.

As a supporter of genuine left wing policies proposed by the Lib Dems I ask, why did the Labour party do nothing about this problem? After all immigration was increasing under them which, although I think was a good thing for the economy, was another factor putting pressure on housing.

They were chucking cash left, right and centre, we were running a deficit (which grew every year) even though times were good. The opposite of Keynes' advice.
    I put it to you that they were obviously spending too much and on the wrong things....and we are still paying the price.
    Yet people blame those having to make cuts and let Labour get off scott free.

19. Terror ball

The Tory take on this....

The Conservatives have attacked Labour’s record on housing as ‘truly shocking’.

In a report on the widening gap between rich and poor under Labour, the Tories highlight statistics showing the number of households on local authority waiting lists rising to 1.8 million in 2009, and house building figures dropping.
    It shows that 18,428 homes a year were built under the Labour government between 1997 and 2008, while 40,538 homes were built each year when the Conservatives were in power.
    The report, Labour’s two nations, says people living in the most deprived areas are twice as likely to be on a waiting list for social housing, and households are four times more likely to be homeless and in priority need of housing.

20. Terror ball