1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Violence??

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by bambi, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Chris

Chris Member

Totally off topic, but how do I add a banner at the bottom of each post? Like RLGB and JDub have?

On topic, there shouldn't be any trouble from our fans. After all they will be real fans who have actually attended matches this season and not just meat heads that turn up for the odd derby game.
    I do however worry about the 'fans' that travel without tickets looking for trouble!

2. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

All this talk about getting someone banned........for goodness sake!!!!!! You should be ashamed of yourselves talking about getting or wanting someone banned. Guys and gals it is about tolerating other people. Why criticise someone for admitting they made a mistake? Is there any one of you, out there, that haven't miss read or misunderstood somebody at some time. By all means criticise before but praise when praise is due surely.
    In reality it is my feeling that you just want to say something to wind the other fellow up when you talk of bans and the like, rather than the reality. However if some of you have another agenda and start winding someone up just so they react and get themselves banned. Let me remind you that should that start to happen the perpetrators are likely to be banned before it gets too far anyway if they persist. To be honest do we really want to go to extremes like that. Surely we are adult enough to be able to deal with problems amicably. Banning is a last resort not a first one!!! Sorry guys/gals about the rant, but to wake up this morning to a couple of complaints in my mail box was not what I expected. So again I ask you all to try and get along....cheers Beddytare

3. bpl234

bpl234 Member

Hi,

i hope there is no trouble.

I think at the league game you are right i think some Bournemouth fans, well they are not fans did try to start something which as we know is so childish as there are children and families and i hope not.

From what i have been told there will be plenty of police from Dorset, Hampshire & Wiltshire all around the ground. The places for the Saints fans to drink are the Sir Percy Florence Shellely in Boscombe, the moon in the square in the town and the upstairs of the brtish legion near the ground.

4. Joe!

Joe! Well-Known Member

Can I propose that if anything gets banned, it should be the word "WUM" itself? I grew pretty sick of seeing it thrown around and misinterpreted on 606, and comments along the lines of "WUM, ignore!" became more annoying than the "WUMs" themselves.

Here's a suggestion - if you think someone's trying to wind you up, ignore them.

5. Singing Blue 3

Singing Blue 3 Well-Known Member

I really dont think you will find many WUM's on this new site. The ignore feature and swearing filter will see to that and anyway WUM's on the Saints board are largely obsolete now ,having looked at this thread of you all arguing amongst yourselves! Keep it up, its quite entertaining to the casual observer that visits your board in peace! <ok> <laugh>

6. Beddy

Now how did I guess that you would not be able to pass an opportunity up. I was waiting for you prowling up and down..<laugh> See I have my beady eye on you <laugh>
    I also gather there is disagreement on your board as to who had TFLS first? <laugh> oh blimey it takes all sorts don't it. (Should I rephrase that?).........Get in the queue, get in the queue.........

7. Singing Blue 3

Singing Blue 3 Well-Known Member

Boys will be boys, I guess ! Mind you one of the TFLS could actually be the Fraulein, so that statement may be incorrect! You do have to laugh though! I am back to my board now!<laugh>

8. A Touch of Clas

A Touch of Clas Active Member

A few years ago I recall a big fight happening one friday night between bournemouth and southampton lads even when we were in a different league. Some fans get on with bournemouth, others don't. I was in the north car park when all the trouble kicked off at the home game and it seemed to me more saints initiated than bournemouth. I do expect trouble to arise, I wont be blind and say that it wont happen. It has become a slight rivalry, despite obviously P*mpey being our hate club.

9. Beddy

It is just warming up like the seventies........young Pratt's and the not so young going around looking for trouble in the name of their football club. Oh give me strength......this is what got English football fans such a bad reputation before. Through a few mindless Dickheads that have nothing between their ears but crap. You will get your comeuppance if that is a word if you are caught and there will not be any sympathy from any of the stalwart Southampton or Bournemouth fans. Then you will be banned from football grounds the world over... It beggars belief.

10. bpl234

bpl234 Member

I agree i think if there is any trouble then those responsible need to be punished by their clubs. yet i beleieve there will be people not even going to the game looking for trouble.....

Win, lose or draw i will be on this site talking about the game and giving my honest opinion, and dont want to be having to talk about the idiots..

11. KingslandSFC

KingslandSFC Active Member

<ok> ..same as mate!

12. KingslandSFCMobileTuckShop

Trouble is, when things do kick off, very often innocent parties can end up getting caught in the middle of it, as so nearly happened to me after the Swindon game. The idiots that kicked off were'nt even kids!!

13. KingslandSFC

Tuckshop ...Next time hold my hand walking home, I keep telling you not to run off! <laugh>

14. KingslandSFCMobileTuckShop

15. Beddy

Or hold mine especially if you got me crisps........<laugh>

16. Beddy

On a more serious note yes you are right it is the innocent that get caught up in all the silliness. personally I would like to see the perpetrators of the violence put in jail. Just give me the key and I'll drop into the middle of the Atlantic or pacific if I happen to go that way. They are not true Football supporters just mindless idiots. Although that is being discourteous to idiots because they are far worse than that. They are not people to be admired or sympathised with just mindless morons that should know better.I have heard all the excuses these people give for their violence the most common being they had a smell of the barmaids apron, and didn't mean it.
    Ok I'll get off me soap box I want me lunch.

17. KingslandSFC

.....(NO COMMENT - Too easy reply to this! Boys will be boys!!) <laugh><laugh>

18. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

If any one on here is thinking about kicking off, remember what happened to those idiots at the Skate game, they were all caught on CCTV and prosecuted, most of them were very contrite at their hearing but that didn't save them from some heavy punishment. If you don't want to do time don't commit the crime, you won't get any sympathy from most of us.

19. KingslandSFCMobileTuckShop

And as the Cherries ground is A LOT SMALLER, they'll only need one camera<laugh><laugh>

20. Lord Duckhunter

Lord Duckhunter New Member

Boscombe supporters have a reputation, so be careful. My mates a Hudders fan and he had a packet of Werthers originals thrown at him when he visited Dean Court.

I'm in the home end Saturday, so cant wear my colours. I've just bought a new flask and tartan blanket to blend in.