1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Views to replies.

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by akagreengull2, Dec 23, 2011.

1. akagreengull2

akagreengull2 Member

Just something I'm intrigued about,if you scan down through the articles on this page it is obvious that there is consistently a high ratio of views to posted replies except of course the pilgrimage bar and prediction league.Either the articles posted are not worth responding to; or no one can be bothered anymore.Any theories fellow Pilgrims?.:emoticon-0112-wonde

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I often have a little skeg about on other not606 sites if there is a story relating to that club or a particular result worthy of some excitement. I think most of the views are from "aliens" to PAFC and they are just checking us out for life. Either that or they are all Exeter fans who are still envious of the Greens down the road and like to check on their bigger brother. Actually grouping Exeter fans in with aliens is probably just as appropriate. Some of the not606 sites are like wastelands with tumbleweed blowing about.

3. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

I've noticed that too and just put it down to visitors from other footy teams just being nosey ..... I went on the Chelski site to see what was being said about John Terry ..... was as I expected ..... he's a little tin god to them lol

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I just had a look on the Beeb football site for League 2 and the headline story is "Cobblers bid for Matt rejected". I thought unusual sort of language for the Beeb and a bit rude to call it that isn't it. Now I would normally go and have a look at the Cobblers site to see if they are up for a comment or two but like I said some of these sites are a bit thin on posts.

5. brb

brb Guest

I can only offer assumptions that one of the reasons for a high number of views to a post is due to the set up of many sites, unlike the old BBC606.

The home page always shows the most recent post of each league, so any one that is viewing the forum home page at the time, may dependent on the title heading decide to click the link, quite often I follow links in that manner. It's how I just ended up here - lol

Also does it only count IP views once.

Finally not606 contains a 'Spy' link (under community heading), so does that count towards the view numbers.

So many reasons, although no factual answers I'm afraid.

6. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Terry a tin God ?............we all know that tin can eventually go rusty............he has been de-rusted a few times..........but his families values come rusting through as always............I wouldn't trust him as far as you can throw him.

7. akagreengull2

akagreengull2 Member

Guess he could be recycled.

8. akagreengull2

akagreengull2 Member

Actually just had a thought, this thread has a much higher posts to views ratio than usual thanks everyone.