1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Video highlights Player or EFL production?

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Southcoastoldgaffer, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Can anyone help with this issue. Like many on here, for years I watched a pretty rubbish Ipswich Player highlights and paid about £5 a month.

Now see revved up ITFC Club website marketing aggressively a new subscription service. Called ifollow. Charging a pricey monthly, seasonal service for all ITFC News, interviews and vids. Bit of investigation reveals it is a company called EFL Digital. Player seems to have ceased to exist.

My worry is a. My bank account shows an EFL payment of £4+ not a direct debit, just debit card.
    b. Assume Player taken over by EFL Dig.
    c. Do I really want to pay more for a mediocre club website service.....loads of PR bullshit?
    d. Is anyone else in the same boat?
    e. Do I ask bank to stop any further payments and, start over with new sub? (My old Player password doesnt access new membership of course)

Glad to get your views.

2. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Hey gaffer, what's up?
    I've been debating this switch all summer as it is a hefty price hike from the previous service. The way I understand it, iFollow is a completely new platform and has nothing to do with the old player service, which as we all know, was effing garbage. Player is dead now and you should make sure to cancel your subscription if they haven't done it for you already. There was an e-mail sent out a few months ago detailing the demise of Player.

There will be a lot of new content on the new site, including live match streaming and full match replays.

It's a week away from kick off now and I will be signing up for the new service. I'm also going to naively hope that a big portion of the fee will end up with ITFC and that I am financially supporting my club in some way.

At the end of the day, I want live audio/streaming of my teams matches and although more expensive than before I hope the experience will be much, much better. I live outside the UK and had no real choice but to pay for Player before and will do so again for the new site.

3. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Here is a copy of that e-mail -

Within the next six weeks your club will be launching a new website. This website will feature a range of new features, including a new name for our PlayerHD service which will become iFollow.

The new iFollow service will continue to contain all the great features of PlayerHD, and as a fan outside of the UK you will have the opportunity to live stream full video coverage of selected games* played by your club from the start of the 17/18 season. This is not available as part of any iFollow subscription during the remaining period of the 2016/17 season.

As a result of these changes, your club PlayerHD service will end at some point between May the 9th and June the 6th 2017 and become iFollow. Below we have outlined how this change will impact for your PlayerHD subscription:

If you subscribe on a rolling monthly basis:

- No further payment will be taken after May the 3rd 2017

- You will have 30 days of access from the date of your final payment, including access to iFollow for any period after May the 3rd when your subscription is still active.

- After 30 days from the last collection your subscription will end.

- From that point you will have the option of purchasing a new iFollow package.

If you subscribe on an Annual basis:

- There will be no automatic renewal of your annual subscription

- You will have full access to PlayerHD (and iFollow at the point your club site moves to the new platform) until June the 9th 2017.

- We will process a pro-rata refund of any subscription fee you have already paid relating to the period after June the 9th 2017.

- From June 9th 2017 you will have the option of purchasing new iFollow products.

- Your refund will be processed over the next few weeks, and in some cases may have started already.

In both cases, the cost of iFollow will be an increase on PlayerHD, to recognise the enhancements to the product. Most notably, the inclusion of the live match streaming (above).

The terms and conditions for any subscription you purchase to the new iFollow service will be available for you to view on the new website and when you register for iFollow.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our finance team directly at [email protected].

Many thanks
    EFL Digital

4. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Hey SD, many thanks mate, most helpful. I will action as you suggest and lets hope our standard of play merits the extra quality coverage we all expect! For many of us who cant travel up to Suffolk as we would wish, this is the only way to keep following, getting terribly depressed and ending up in the Felxistowe loony bin!

San Diego likes this.
  5. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

May i suggest you wait and see how things look before commiting to a years subs. I have a horrid feeling we are gonna be gash again!

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  6. Redruth

Redruth Well-Known Member

That's the spirit Spanish......:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Nuggets likes this.
  7. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Have been thinking about that Spanish, I want to follow my team though so I'll give the new service a try and see how it goes.