1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

very interesting article

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by LeedsLover, Mar 2, 2017.

1. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

2. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

Monk thinks hes not good enough clearly and I agree <ok>

3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Firstly the article title is your usual garbage tabloid heading, I don't see one tweet urging Monk to bring him back.

Secondly there are only 8 tweets mostly saying "Keep working hard" so the "Beseiged" comment in the opening line is also farcical.

LeedsLover - We already know you would prefer to see Antonsson in the team, I have no idea why, maybe because you hate being proven wrong about Wood and his ability and worth to the team.

Linking to worthless articles that scrape the barrel to try and prove a point doesn't do you any favours IMHO

We had a debate at the start of the season, I said Wood will be number one choice and he will score around 22 goals. You laughed and said not a chance, I have tried hard to find conversation but the search function isn't working.

There isn't a cat in hells chance Antonsson would or should be picked ahead of Wood, maybe he has a shout ahead of Doukara but in a 4-2-3-1 formation I believe Roofe, Barrow and Pedrazza are ahead of him and rightly so.

He has had limited time I agree but enough to show us he isn't going to cut it.

Linking to these type of articles with the heading "Very Interesting Article" just plays into the hands of anyone wanting to bash you, if you keep giving the sticks away your going to have to soak up a lot of flak and each time it happens even those that could see your valid points will start turning a blind eye and ignoring you.

On day one I didn't want Monk, I have said he is work in progress time and time again but I have to concede, what he has done with the team far exceeds my expectations.

He has taken 13 new players and made them gel in super quick time, no taking a season to settle, a squad of players that know what is expected of them.

I can pick players apart, I can wonder why someone is picked but the results and the league table do not lie. I challenge anyone who truly believes we should be higher up the table.

I was pulling my hair out over Doukara receiving the ball on the half way line and seemingly doing little with it but maybe he was told to be the outlet, I don't know. We won, we got three points and we are still in a play off spot.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  4. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

The troll was hungry again this morning.

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  5. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

There has got to be hundreds of more interesting articles out there than this one. Anyway, Monk sees him every day in training and doesnt see fit to put him in the squad. Monks the expert, were mere supporters so Ill go with Monks opinion every time. Class manager <ok>

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  6. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Perhaps hes league two standard.

7. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

If I'm honest, he's not cut it yet, but it's possible he just might. McContract didn't exactly set the heather alight when he signed for us at first. He needed a season to bed in.

8. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Yeah you are right.wood was not exactly golden boots either.one thing is for certain woody is the best centre forward in this league.

Farsleyexile and Whitejock like this.
  9. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Yip, right on both counts.

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  10. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Dear LL

I have had it pointed out to me that I may have been unduly harsh in my judgement of you and I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive and give me another chance.

It seems others (mainly grumpy chops) have jumped on a bandwagon I inadvertently created and for that I hope you can forgive me too?

You are so right, there is more than one side to a coin and everyone should be entitled to an opinion. Indeed, you may often see things on close up via camera or understand better from a commentators opinion better than anything I could hope to see from one area of the ground so I am turning over a new leaf and embracing the extra wisdom you can bring to my life and I hope others do too.

I hope to boost your like ratio as I accept the challenge of a different view into my life and hope I can understand who you really are better than the embarrassingly narrow minded view I have previously shown you.

Peace brother, we can work this out together :afro:

11. Chippy / Glory

I give it three days tops...

Marcos Barber likes this.
  12. Marcos Barber

No brother, I am hoping to bring karma to your world too. We have been too narrow minded and now we must follow the light :emoticon-0150-hands

13. Chippy / Glory

Are you suggesting i set the ****er on fire?

Marcos Barber likes this.
  14. Marcos Barber

<laugh> 3 ****ing days I was supposed to last and you come out with that.

LL ignore him, we must rise above his fear of our new friendship and drink from the font of Theakston together :emoticon-0167-beer:

Farsleyexile likes this.
  15. Chippy / Glory

Only wj wouldnt recognise your plan as a trap.

16. Marcos Barber

Mange tout Marlene it is the cynic in you that sees the worst in people. I am trying to turn over a new leaf and open a refreshing new chapter in my life. Please feel free to join me.

17. brisbane-lion

brisbane-lion Well-Known Member

Get a fooking room, you two. <doh>

Chippy / Glory likes this.
  18. Chippy / Glory

I'd rather not. I can see the upcoming car crash from here.
    This none too subtle approach to get at the truth wont work (especially as I have flagged it to those that need to know).
    You need a plan c.

19. Marcos Barber

I have repented. Was hoping for a late night reply, alas none was forthcoming from Brother Lover but that is understandable, he is probably bruised and a little wary. Patience is a virtue :emoticon-0148-yes:

This plan you speak of puzzles me, surely we must all seek the truth?

20. Chippy / Glory

The truth is out there.