1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Very good interview by Mark Ashton

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Good honest interview from him<applause><applause><applause>

Let's hope it turns around, and we start moving up the league-

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  2. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

Well ..almost brought tears to my eyes .... SL speaks for himself ... positive .... but VERY REAL .. = NOT HAPPY !

3. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Can't stand the way he speaks, he epitomises the BS business lingo that does the rounds nowadays.

Having said that, I'm glad he's on our side and not the other. I think he does a superb job and if we can thank him for the recruitment in the summer then we should. Whatever people think of the signings, they're young and with great potential on the whole.

ibodyslamrhinos likes this.
  4. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

This guy has totally grown on me.
    When he first arrived at AG I was scathing to put it mildly. I thought he was just another office boy, but he has shown real insight into the football world and continues to make a big difference.

I say Keep it up Mr Ashton, you're winning us all over.
    I mean, with a name like Ashton I suppose it was always going to happen

5. Reliant Robin TC

Reliant Robin TC Active Member

Having listened to the interview, can't agree with you Rob on this one. Whilst he uses several words/phrases more than once, which he highlights himself, it came across to me as a straight forward, honest interview, where he simply answers the questions put to him.

Didn't know what to expect when he first arrived but more than pleased with his input so far.

6. johngalleyfan2

SOUNDS like they think they overcooked the " young for the future bit" maybe that is why they are taking on more experienced hard hitters" and extra staff means less game time for some so out on loan to keep them happy and protect the wage bill!

it was quite an interesting interview ... I get from the SL comments HE IS NOT AS HAPPY AS HE MIGHT BE, but at the moment apportioning blame ...

7. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

I'm sure Milan is better than Wilbraham, Hegler is better than Pack and Wright is better than Williams.
    TBF they're bound to be aren't they.
    What struck me was how easy money has been found since Junior and Ashton arrived.
    Apparently, like O'Neil, Wright was another we wanted before Junior became manager.
    I have to say the interview was very well stage managed and SL is doing everything to make Junior a success.

8. Alandicksthegreat

Alandicksthegreat Well-Known Member

Mate shut up, your getting boring now, Junior
    blah blah blah.

Supcon72 likes this.
  9. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Can't imagine what would have been said had that been LJ...........slaughtered.....wow Are we developing a hatred towards Ashton now Redprintt? Is that because Ashton refers to him and LJ as "we"?
    In my opinion I think the bloke is talking common sense, perhaps something the haters fail to understand!!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  10. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

Ashton has been probably the player-of-the-season so far

Angelicnumber16 likes this.

11. BCFCRob

It is getting a bit like a broken record now mate. People can understand if you have that point of view, but your judgments are actually unfair. A balanced LJ critic can still see the good signs. For example, the bold bit just isn't true. We offered a ****load for strikers under SC.

12. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

What Redprintt forgets is SC wanted to spend Zillions but the players in question didn't want to come.......Gayle & Co.......Age does a funny thing to the memory!!

13. johngalleyfan2

Ashtons interview was very fluid, and a good advert for those being enticed to come here

When a player believes himself they will look at who is likely to give them "instant glory" or is closest to getting them there ... we had an un finished stadium team at the bottom and unlikely to pay their wages .. so makes sense they would decline the offer. if we had offered £15m they would not have come it boiled down to an appease the fans ...we tried! ( knowing they wouldn't )

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  14. BCFCRob

I know JGF. If you read my post you will know I wasn't condoning it. Merely pointing out that what Redprintt was saying wasn't correct.

15. johngalleyfan2

if it was going to be spent the previous season £10m plus then RP is not quite correct as we do not know if it was just an exercise to say hey look we have money to spend knowing the targets would not come anyway! in any case we didn't spend £10m in the summer, came close...

16. BCFCRob

JGF. Who on earth would make a £10m bid for a striker knowing full well they wouldn't come? What would be the point in that, apart from embarrassing yourselves?

17. johngalleyfan2

there are certain things certain people will never understand, and it is pointless trying to explain to you the psychology behind such a move ....

18. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Sorry Rob his comment should of read "its bollocks that I made up whilst calculating cornflakes ratio to milk"

Also the bit about explaining to you should of also read "you made me look a tool when I challenged your maths ability, so I'm avoiding the answer" <laugh>

19. johngalleyfan2

its not avoiding an answer, and nowt to do with cornflakes .. never eat them ..
    psychology ... is a bit like " if you are not a good child santa will not bring you a present " would waste my time explaining it here

And as for the comment challenged maths ability . you need to go to specsavers .. no that only helps in seeing things , its the need to umderstand them that is the point ...

20. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Look what you have done ROD.. were gonna get 25 pie charts now from Mr statistics <laugh>

This is from a man who just said I try belittling people!! <laugh>

RedorDead likes this.