1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Van Kuntholt

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Teessidemackem, Feb 2, 2017.

1. mackemwelder

mackemwelder Well-Known Member

He should have kept his gob shut and said nowt at all, but once he'd opened it, he could hardly say i've made a mistake and Sunderland are better. It's what i would expect any signing to say if they'd come to us.

Nacho and Deleted like this.
  2. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

Yeah, and he looked crap as CB. But sweeper is a different role. He may or may not be any good at it but I think he is the one player in our squad with the attributes to play it. I'd be inclined, at the moment anyway, to only have one player sitting in front of the defence- we need more players getting up the pitch quicker to try and hold the ball further forward.

3. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Good idea, I often wonder if our lumps give this sort of thing any thought at all, probably not. Only worry would be the Hoffs mobility, he looks a bit clumsy when turning or making a tackle, M'Vila was the man, but maybe someone at the club would make a good fist of the sweeper role, not sure who exactly. <ok>

4. red&white wanderer

red&white wanderer Well-Known Member

Agree but imo he has improved massively since we signed him and I hope Palace don't reap the benefits from his Sunderland schooling - we'll all need to KTF tomorrow as if roles reversed Palace would win at the SOL.
    Let's hope the disrespectful one gets a consolation goal after 2 of his well honed defensive errors <cheers>

5. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

It's not a hugely different role IMO, I'd be worried about players getting in behind as he's not exactly the most mobile, add to that Papy is like a shipping container when turning I'm not convinced it'd work.

We had Kirchhoff and M'Vila sitting and Catts in front last year pressing high and that worked well towards the end of the seaso. N'Dong could play in front of the 2 who's much more mobile than Catts.

6. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

They're both due back around the same time - then due onto the treatment table a couple of weeks later!!!!

Nads and clockstander like this.
  7. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

How you getting on today Paddy lad?

marcusblackcat likes this.
  8. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Deleted and Billy Death like this.
  9. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

Should have kept his yap shut, gobshite twat. <laugh>

Gil T Azell likes this.
  10. polyphemus

polyphemus Well-Known Member

I expect that the PR Dept at Palace is similar to the one at The SSoL where they spit out drivel to the Press on an almost daily basis in the name of one player or another.

PVA didn't ask for a move.
    As far as I'm aware he didn't make any great fuss or resort to social media to pile pressure on the Club.
    However SAFC decided to take the money and let our second highest goalscorer leave to a rival.

If you want to complain about this then perhaps PVA is not who your target should be.
    Much as I liked him, going forward, even under Sam, he was never among the best defenders. I think it was a good bit of business.

Now PVA is a Palace player he is, quite rightly, doing what his new employers tell him to do.

I'm finding it dam hard to see any problem with this.

11. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

No complaints on the deal from me. We shouldn't be relying on a defender for goals anyway. We also got Oviedo out of this as well and he got off to a stormer yesterday.

Disappointing lack of respect from PVA though.

Bexinio likes this.
  12. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

What he said and what they writ could have been worlds apart. At the end of the game on Saturday he had an arm draped around Defoe's shoulder which is hardly the actions of a player who has almost written off his old club for his new one.

And it was in The Star anyway!

JammySAFC likes this.
  13. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

He must be mad to swap our stadium and training facilities for that ****hole that is Selhurst Park.
    Gates of 25000 compared to 40000 and after the weekends showing those fans are harder to play in front of than ours.
    To think we made £14m for a half decent full back who can't defend is nearly in the same category as the Defoe\Altidore swop.
    I've nowt against players leaving to better themselves but Palace FFS its hardly a big step up, ask Mr Bent about moving to a better club cos that really worked out for him.

Nostalgic and Billy Death like this.
  14. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

But they have clackers and a band.

15. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

The kid asked to leave. Until he hear otherwise that's just what happened. Anyone doubting that is little more than a conspiracy theorist.

We sold a defender who can't defend for £14m and replaced him for half the money.

I'd imagine those crying about this would cry if they fell dick first into a room full of super models.

16. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

...and cheerleaders.

17. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

:emoticon-0115-inlov

Thats the way forward.

18. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

Fair dos this thread is in the back of my mind now. I already explained my gripe on the first page last week. I cant be arsed repeating myself again 5 days later.

Brian Storm likes this.