1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic 'Van hits pedestrians' on London Bridge in 'major incident'

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Brian Storm, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Libby

Libby 9-0

<cheers>

Not sure, probs Reading?

2. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

Another embarrassing descent into 70's style national front expressionism.

Absolutely mortifying in this day and age that people think your race, your religion or your skin colour automatically make you better than someone else.

What you do, how you act and how you treat others makes you a decent person. Believing it's race, religion or colour just makes you a bigot.

3. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

My comments were aimed purely at the perpetrators of the suicide attacks seen over the last few years in the name of religion, and not at immigrants in general. I apologise if that's the way it sounded. For your information I am an advocate of a multi- culturist society and believe that it is one of our greatest strengths, unlike some of your fellow Muslims, who want to hideously murder anyone who does not conform to their ideology. They, and they alone are the ones who have no place here imo. <peacedove>

4. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

Cant kick any 'group' of people out of any country, ones who have innocently contributed to society and set up their lives here, as a result of a violent minority. However what we should do is as of this moment stop people arriving in droves and milking this country dry expecting handouts and being treated better than the locals. I am not fully against immigration but I believe that you should not be allowed in any country unless there is a job waiting for you. And any crime committed of a certain degree then immediate deportation should be compulsory. I wouldnt dream of moving to another country if I didnt have a career waiting for me, I wouldnt expect to be given preferential treatment and I certainly would expect to be deported immediately if I did anything naughty and would not be surprised if i got a good kicking in a police cell too.

Marra SAFC 77 likes this.
  5. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

Good to clarify mate sensible stuff, hard to argue with most of that though I would highlight a) that's not confined to Muslims, bigotry is also multi-cultural b) not sure Spurlock want to claim all Muslims as 'his' really. Every grouping (religious, national, football teams...) has rotten apples, we seem to be going through a horrible spell of it with Muslim exremists but the main victims globally of this have been Muslim non-extremists.

6. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just me but for a bunch of ****s running around killing people, is referring to them as Muslims giving them far to much respect? Surely they should get none at all? Bad habit people have got here, call them anything you want but ffs don't respect the evil ****ers.

Lovearsenalcock and Libby like this.
  7. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

cant talk to a backward culture, most muslims living here are educated and nice people, by reading the papers of the ones being prosecuted or let off , i would say 15% really need shooting or sent back to whence they came they are just scum , and would be treated the same in the country they came from.they don't want to integrate, just try and turn our country into the **** hole they came from, Thank god for the Muslim majority who are genuinely nice people.

8. Makemstine Roger

none of the last three attacks were , they were asylum seekers, and how Moroccans can claim asylum here is stupid

9. Makemstine Roger

sorry mate but faith is faith, we have not been attacked by Jews , Hindus, Buddhists, Mormons, or anyother faith other than Muslim, and not main stream muslims just the nasty racial hatred bigoted ones supporting ISIS.

10. Brian Storm

I'll say this. Instead of tagging kids causing mischief I surgest those sort of resources would be much better directing it to tagging our terror suspects where we lack the evidence to legally deal with them.

I'm sure it's against human rights but it's hardly torture.

11. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

Of course we haven't, over here.

You wouldn't be saying that about Buddhism in Myanmar though, where there's religious and tribal problems.

Every generation or so has this problem Roger. But it's as much a political upheaval within Islam. Hating all muslims because of this is just sheer ignorance.

It's like hating all Germans because of WW2. Just daft.

If there's a schism in Judaism in 30 / 40 years time are we all supposed to hate jews?

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  12. Makemstine Roger

got the wrong guy i don't hate all muslims just the racist bigoted ISIS ones, my boss is muslim my best friend is muslim they hate ISIS with a vengance much stronger that anything i could think of.

13. Brian Storm

Disagree mate, things are rarely black and white in this world, especially something as complex as faith, religion, society and community all coming together in extremely problematic and dangerous situations like here. To just pretend the gray areas don't exist is incredibly naive imo. We need to aply some common sense.

People of Catholic Church have been attacking us for centuries as they've raped their way through our children leaving their world in tatters for the rest of their lives. You meet a catholic, do you tar them with the same brush as those dirty bastard child molesting catholic priests? Of course you don't so you don't generalise them as nonces, you don't say the catholics rape kids do you? you''re more specific in your reference. You say the child molesting catholic priests(or more offensive variation) so you're not insulting every catholic's faith. Same applies here surely? Instead of just saying muslims, most people have the common sense to define them as islamic terrorists or extremists so that they're not casually, moronically and clumsily slagging off 1.6 billion people.

It's just sensible mate. If person shows the rest of the religion some respect they can unload their anger to the full extent of their choosing on the people who are the problem. It's valid, understandble and people will likely join their sentements. Attack 1.6 billion people in an ignorant generalised slur, they just look like attention seekers looking for confrontation with anybody.

Words are a powerfull weapons, they should be used carefully in these situations.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  14. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

Sorry pal. Posting on the hoof and not taking time to read back properly! <ok>

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  15. Makemstine Roger

what a dickhead question, better do you think some twat that's never paid a penny in the system should have the same rights as you

16. Libby

Libby 9-0

Wrong, the Manchester bomber was a Manc born and raised.

Why is it a dickhead question? <doh>

And your question isn't relevant in the slightest... what has paying into the system got to do with the discussion in hand?

17. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

When I was a good Catholic boy on the forties and fifties I came across religious bigotry simply through the attitude of older generations who were CofE or other. Looking back at history it could have started way back in the sixteenth century with Henry VIIIth when he made the break to suit his purposes.

Result was it was sometimes best to stick with your own kind than be treated like a second class citizen. Both Churches however insisted on a different marriage service for weddings between the same religion or a mixed marriage one. Sounds daft now, but it was here non-the-less.

18. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

The Notre Dame attacker was a 40YO journalist study for a PhD so hardly a deprived immigrant with red hot religious beliefs.

19. Makemstine Roger

it has the same relevance as yours

20. Libby

Libby 9-0

Okey doke pal.

If you say so <ok>