1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Van der Vaart

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by bobwarrington, Apr 23, 2011.

1. bobwarrington

bobwarrington New Member

Why does Harry persist in playing VdV on the right when we have Lennon on the bench. Lennon and Bale both excel at running at defences, and they work best when they are both on the field.

With only one of them on the field they leave the opposition defence with very little to think about, they just tend to double up on whomever is on at the time.

This is added to the fact that VdV never stays on the right, he always moves inside into the centre which is by far his best position for us. It's not like we have any strikers who we simply can't afford not to play. They're all under par this season.

I'm no longer sure if we're going to end top four or not, i am sure that the purchase of a new striker, which everyone except for Harry managed to see that we needed, might have made a significant difference. It's not like Man City have walked away with fourth, it's more like we've let them have it.

2. messiaharry

messiaharry Member

I can't see how you can say Harry didnt see the need for a striker when it was widely report Levy was putting bids in left right and centre.

I think the VDV thing is the age old problem we've had all season tho Bob. Trying to fit him in while still keeping our style. In my opinion it hasnt worked. I honestly think if we had played our 4-4-2 all season we'd have been better off. The big contradiction there though is without VDVs goals we'd be rightly screwed. Its something I cant get my head round at all.