1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Van Basten think about change...

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by moreinjuredthanowen, Jan 18, 2017.

1. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Maybe he meant players who want to go off like Costa did when he was on 4 yellows.... or maybe he just ****ed up

2. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I was thinking along the lines of all subs begin available if the sin bin is used.

3. DerekTheMole

DerekTheMole Well-Known Member

Would make more sense to sin-bin when somebody's got 2 yellows, and save red cards for only 'straight red' decisions.

EDIT: This might make some refs less scared to give the 2nd yellow. A lot of the time an offence is worthy of a yellow but the ref doesn't give it because the player's already got one.

4. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

I read about this.

Ludicrous ideas.

5. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

Didn't used to be offside back in the day mate tbf.

6. moreinjuredthanowen

which day!

offside rule was created before the league developed!!!

originally it was 3 players had to between the player and goal. now it is only 2 between since 1925... like....

7. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

My bad. I'm getting confused with pass back rule somehow <doh>

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  8. moreinjuredthanowen

according the the mancs football was invented when the pack pass rule was abolished.

Sharpe* likes this.
  9. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

erm... why has he or anybody at Fifa not thought of a free substitution for head injuries.

If you're going to take head injuries seriously, then it should not be a punishment for the team when someone has to go off .

Diego likes this.
  10. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Now that would be a very good rule change and would serve a real purpose <ok>

11. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

How would you determined if someone is faking it? Go 2-1 up final 10 mins, used all your subs, only got 3 defenders on pitch due to chasing the game. Small wide player goes down with 'head injury' so can get him off and bring CB on?

12. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

I think that's how we ended up with the 3 sub rule. I believe I read once in the very olden days only injured players could be subbed but people faked injuries to get subbed and bring fresh legs on.

13. moreinjuredthanowen

the way it works in rugby is the other side goes after your out half or fly half to put them out of the game and the ref then sends them off for a 10minute head assessment which involves some ****e tests or other.... but its not really a free sub is it? its a temporary sub that allowed and the player may come back on but you use up the sub resource which in rubgy is not a good thing.

If someone goes down with a head injury in football you would do the same thing. send them for assessment.

Now lets be frank we have seen guys try fake blood injuries in rugby.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ru...en-Harlequins-met-Leinster-in-April-2009.html

one guy cut himself and this guy here was given a blood capsule to bite to fake an injury to get a goal kicker back on the pitch.

people WILL fake it but when they do you hammer them and their club into the ground so hard nobody else will ever try it again.

14. moreinjuredthanowen

well the subs were only brought in the 60s. It only took 2 years before this fake injury stuff was recognised and the rule freed up.

In other words the practicality of the original rule was questioned and changed quickly.

I can remember clearly

a) there only being one guy on the bench

b) there being 3 guys on the bench

c) there being 5 guys on a bench i nthe prem and then only 3 in the league cup

d) the full 7 sub bench in prem

e) the all squad in internationals could be subs

f) there being only 2 subs allowed.

g) being old and taking advantage of rolling subs in 5 aside and hogging the goal <ok>

15. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

I checked it out mate because I've been watching footie for over fifty years and my minds a bit clouded over specific rules now. <laugh>

I clearly remember the no subs rule but wasn't sure on the offside rule because it keeps changing. I found that actually there's always been an offside rule. It used to be that there needed to be 3 opposition players between the attacking player and the goal, this went down to 2 then in 1990 the 'being level with' malarkey came in. <ok>

Edit: just read the intervening posts <doh>

Sharpe* likes this.
  16. moreinjuredthanowen

thats right. offside predates league football.

its interesting to note that every expereiment done on this including some with top players has failed miserably on the first session. It just doesn't work.

17. Milk not bear jizz

The main problem with offside is the enforcement.

You can have the most competent linesmen in the world, but they're still human and they will make mistakes.

Certainly, one could go the video route, but that may not be entirely accurate if done instantly either.

What we may need is computer refereeing for offside. If Google can produce a car that recognises the difference between pedestrian and inanimate object, is it that hard to get a computer to tell if someone is offside?

What if we help it out, but a broadcasting device in the toe of the left boot of all players and position of boot determines offside or not.

18. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

Of course you'd remember. <whistle>

Milk not bear jizz likes this.
  19. Milk not bear jizz

20. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

I remember that. That Dr got completely ****ed over by the Club. Struck off the register or something like that, which was a massive example set. Usually that sort of punishment happens for sleeping with patients etc. I know this as it happened to a friend of mine, which was a shame because he was a fantastic vet. <ok>