1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

UWE. Will it happen?

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Jan 22, 2017.

?

Will UWE happen?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Steve Hamer yesterday on Radio Bristol gave an update on the situation regarding UWE stadium.

Apart from saying the usual stuff like both parties are still fully committed to get this deal done blah blah blah, Hamer did say that planning permission expires in August this year. So we got 6 months left to start work.

So, just a simple poll, do you think we will get the deal done and start work before the planning permission expires? Yes or no.

2. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Spoke to a member of the Non playing Rovers staff and when I asked him if planning permission had run out he said NO but it would be a close thing to get it sorted
    Yes

3. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You can't rush these things I think it will happen.

4. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

I'm sure it will happen this time...

5. The Great Gashead

The Great Gashead Active Member

I don't think UWE will happen. Having said that I'm sure a new stadium WILL happen, just not at UWE.

6. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

Well, with August just a little over six months away they are going to have to get their collective fingers out. I work in the construction industry and normally by this period in the process of a large project Architects are fine tuning their designs, consulting engineers are on board, groundworkers are beginning to mobilise and steelwork contractors are bulk ordering their tonnage, up until now I ;ve not heard a whisper from the usual jungle drums so it could be a close called thing !
    That's not to say it won't happen, the whole project seems to have been guarded in secrecy from the outset so who knows ? Will just have to sit tight and hope for the best I guess. Let's all hope it goes ahead, we definately need it to if the club is to finally progress.