1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Utter garbage

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by simonstainrod, Apr 8, 2017.

1. simonstainrod

simonstainrod Well-Known Member

Watched tonight's game with increasing despair. Our only tactic was to hoof it to the big man. Which incredibly took the rest of our side by surprise as no-one reacted to the knock down. I don't doubt holloway loves QPR but he's a dinosaur. We're so easy to work out, relegation beckons next year. Get rid of him now

2. CroydonCaptainJack

CroydonCaptainJack Well-Known Member

3. hammersmith junior

hammersmith junior Well-Known Member

Are you for real you mutant ?

4. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

Didn't hear you much when we was winning games! Your normally on watrb slagging off when we lose, see you've been quiet of late, yes it wasn't great to watch at times, we've just got to see this season out first & hope for better next season.

5. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

I watched the game with increasing hope not dispair.
    When Freeman came on, we took the game to them, and were unlucky not to draw......so much better than the dire JFH days.
    Obviously SS we were not at the same match

Uber_Hoop and seagullhoop like this.
  6. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

We were absolutely battering them for the last 20 mins and it was looking likely we'd get something in the end. In fact with an ounce of luck we would have won that game. Once Freeman was on we had that bit more craft and guile about us and I think if Ollie had gone with Pawel and not Yenni we might have had a better chance. No way should we be thinking relegation next season, we might not be play off contenders but there is promise in this team for sure.

7. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

<whistle>

kiwiqpr, Uber_Hoop and Steelmonkey like this.
  8. seagullhoop

seagullhoop Well-Known Member

Saw the game on tv (so didn't get the full perspective)... but second half looked much more positive to me... when Freeman came on we played the ball much more on the floor, with more pace and intent. Bit poor in the first half, but 'dinosaur'? Olly's changes were positive, gave us a significant lift and very nearly won us a point. Additionally, I still think we are in a process of assessing next season's position so complaints about selection and formation seem a little unfair.

Perspective says we were playing one of the two outstanding teams in the division this season and pretty much did everything but get a point which we (arguably) deserved.

Just can't see us getting relegated next season with Freeman and Luongo in midfield and playing 3 at the back with wingbacks as we did last night. Robinson will (hopefully) be fully fit, Furlong another season's experience under his belt and everyone will have the benefit of a season playing as a cohesive and positive unit.

Do you honestly think there will not be 3 worse teams than us?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
    Uber_Hoop likes this.
  9. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

The bit about hoof ball with no one in a position to react to Smith''s knock down's is all too true a description of our game, apart from the 10 minutes late on when we threw both the hoof and a lot of attackers at them. Only Smith with a finish and no one able to execute from a knock down unfortunately. Agree as well we look too easy to work out, but still should be good enough for this League.

10. cor blymie

cor blymie Well-Known Member

think what is frustrating is why didn't we take it to them from the off. We gave them far too much respect

11. simonstainrod

simonstainrod Well-Known Member

Not me on WARTB. Must be another Stainrod. Despite winning the odd game, including against hapless Rotherham, I'm still appalled at the football we play. Last night was a new low with so many long balls lumped towards Smith. I can see no reason to be hopeful about next year under Holloway

12. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

Holloway took over half way through a season. He has brought in and moved a lot of players. they will need time to gell and to get used to the way he wants to play. We gave JFH a year, at least give Olly that before we get rid. He has passion for QPR and hopefully the players will see that and give their all for the shirt. We aren't going to win every game, neither will we lose but their will be some fight in the team. Olly will play different teams for different games.....and we may have to adopt a long ball game in some matches, but we should give him time to turn things round. Personally, I think we will be pushing for a finish somewhere between 5th and 10th spot.

UTRs likes this.
  13. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

Agree that is frustrating...as for the original post, a few months ago, on a Friday night, if we were 0-2 down after 65 minutes, what with it being an hour later in Paris, I'd call it a night and watch a film/get an early night. However, Friday night I watched on, and even dared hope towards the end we might get a point. If Ollie can inject that commitment and level of desire into a team, he should surely have time to mould and shape a team of his own.

I am fed up of hearing 'we need to sack the manager...', after every couple of months when a bad result or a few bad results come along, as they almost always do. Sacking the manager and getting another one in is an easy, quick, but costly solution. What really takes balls is sticking with your man, trusting his plans and vision for the club, and giving him time to succeed. Prime example...how many United fans wish the board had listened to certain fans who called for Ferguson to be sacked after he did not have the best of starts?

14. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Utter garbage? Only happy when it rains?

15. terryb

terryb Well-Known Member

Change the manager? I think we've done that enough times in the past decade & only one of them has carried any momentum into the following season.

As a supporter who was opposed to appointing Ollie as manager, I would like to say that I've seen a far more mature man than when he was wrongly placed on gardening leave. His knowledge of tactics & a willingness to change them during a match has been a big surprise to me.

Of course I would like to see us play a lot more on the ground & to use more width, but I'm not going to moan about that at present. On Friday we had 13 of the 14 players used giving every ounze of energy that they pocessed. And this for a team that is safe from relegation ( not mathmatically) is something unheard of in Shepherds Bush!

We have a long way still to go, but we have come a long way as well this season.

16. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Utter garbage is ridiculously over the top. We did show a lot of fight and probably deserved a draw. I certainly wouldn't want Ollie sacked. We now have a team and coaches who really care and will fight for the club, which is something we haven't had for quite a while.

However, I really hope that Ollie's wholesale changes game after game are only being done in order to have a look at the entire squad with next season in mind. I really wouldn't like to see multiple changes game after game next season and I don't believe that is the way to produce a winning side. I also think that, if he wants to continue with 3 at the back we will need a right wing-back, a centre back, a centre mid and a proper centre forward to have any chance of finishing higher than we will this year (assuming that we keep all our players from this season).

Ciarrai_Abu likes this.
  17. seagullhoop

seagullhoop Well-Known Member

THIS... 100%

Absolutely sick to death of listening to all the ridiculous overreaction and bedwetting when things don't go exactly to plan.

If losing is that much of an issue, I suggest go and 'support' Chelsea...

18. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

But then you'd lose your dignity and self-respect so it's lose/lose really.

kiwiqpr and seagullhoop like this.
  19. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

Support Chelsea, but I'm not fat, bald or aggressive, I can spell words correctly most of the time, I'm not rascist and can name good Chelsea players from the 60's and 70's I just wouldn't fit in

20. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Pour your misery down on me...

kiwiqpr likes this.