1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread UTD v Hull Super exciting matchday thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by HRH Custard VC, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Shwan71

Shwan71 Active Member

tbh that is vintage UTD performance.. we created alot of chances and never given up till the end
    even Rooney seem back to his best days
    Rashford was brilliant .. both him and Mkhitaryan should start next match as a reward for what they showed us today and keep other players fighting for positions
    as much as i hate Jose... but there are was lot of old Sir Alex era UTD today and in all fairness he is not parking the bus .. his attacking approach is at same level as Sir Alex well balanced

cytrax likes this.
  2. Shwan71

Shwan71 Active Member

can't agree more
    and tbh let us give some credit to Jose.. players were swapping positions alot upfront was only way to crack that solid defense..and we scored when rooney switched to left side

cytrax likes this.
  3. Shwan71

Shwan71 Active Member

Hull was fantastic today and you could had scored at 2-3 moments during the match .. you should be proud

DMD likes this.
  4. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

You definitely have to be proud of Hull. That is how a proper match should be played. Great effort, great spirit and great team.

5. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I completely agree with that. Not even some credit... Jose needs to take all the credit for that win. Pep takes all the credit for City, and so should our manager. The players all expressed themselves and he entrusted them to do their job. That was vintage United that we haven't seen in 5 years. That was truly box office type material which is all that we are about. Keep them to the edge of their sits.

Shwan71 likes this.
  6. Shwan71

Shwan71 Active Member

can't agree more :emoticon-0148-yes: .. it was truly a vintage UTD performance a la Sir Alex style .. and am not a big fan of Jose still but you can see even players are happy and playing for the team despite number of stars we are having and we are freely attacking from all direction unlike rigid pass pass pass of LVG...

7. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Today I saw the United of the Ferguson era for the first time in 3 years. The will to win and the attacking tension was evident in that team. Gone is the caution of the LVG team.

Even if we had not won, it would have been a promising performance. All the 4 new buys have been good so far.

This is a United team that will not be afraid of any one in the premiership. This is not boasting but I expect us to win every game we play this season.

Treble, Shwan71 and cytrax like this.
  8. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Let's cool it down, Christian :D... It's a stretch to suggest we would even go 18 games without losing a match. We all know how crazy this league is as we saw out there today. There is incredible spirit in the premier league which makes it the best in the world from my perspective.

But my goodness! What a team Jose has assembled here. The 4 signings are incredible. Bailly is incredible on the ball - forget John Stones!!! Bailly wants the ball like a playmaker in defense. What a find he is! And the other three signings... well!!!

Christiansmith likes this.
  9. ITS_NOT_JUST_A_GAME

ITS_NOT_JUST_A_GAME Active Member

A lot of good **** spoken by Jose in the after interview on BT. It is not hard to understand why he is a proven winner and can at times inspire his players.

Shwan71 likes this.
  10. Christiansmith

No of course there is no chance we will win every game we play. Wrong choice of words perhaps: before any match, against any team, I expect united to win. They will lose and draw some of those of course but in my mind they have the ABILITY to beat any team in the PL.

cytrax and Diego like this.

11. Christiansmith

and for the first time in three years, our strongest side is becoming more evident:

DeGea

Bailly Shaw + 2 others in defence

Pogba Mikhi Rooney + 2 others in midfield

Zlatan at the front

The others are not shabby either: Smalling, Carrick, Mata , Schenderling, Darmian, Herrera Martial (in fact most are LVG regulars <laugh>

Mourinho wasn't boasting when he said that even when he doesn't play the likes of Bailly Pogba and Zlatan in the Europa, the others he selects Jones Herrera Young, Rashford should be good enough to progress. Hardly a weak second team.

12. Wellernever

Wellernever Well-Known Member

The man knows nothing else.

13. tigerrev

tigerrev Well-Known Member

Very proud of our team tonight- the pressure Utd put us under was intense for much of the 2nd half so to nearly get a draw was a great effort from all of our players. You played some great stuff and I doubt we'll see a better team at the KCOM this season

Diego likes this.
  14. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I was sat watching with my dog and kept saying to him "no way are we getting past these today", glad I was wrong because we need to stay in touch at the top. That said, I really didn't want a cricket score because the last thing you lot need right now is the fight knocking out of you, it is keeping you alive until new owners and hopefully some players come in.

Treble likes this.
  15. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Watching you today and your first game, it's safe to say you're going to be ****ing difficult to beat this season particularly at home.

Defence is good but I actually rate the hard work of your midfielders. Typically Phelan that.

Imo there will definitely be 3 worse teams (probably more) than Hull.

16. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Cheers, cracking game today. As for the rest of the season, it depends. To say the squad is threadbare is an understatement. We've almost got ball boys on the bench. What you saw is all we have, and our ownership is in transition, which makes the transfer window and buying players a potential problem.

Hopefully today has encouraged some potential incomers to think the team spirit is worth being a part of.

glazerfodder likes this.
  17. theevilreddevil

theevilreddevil Well-Known Member

Stubborn Hull. I said to my mate our boy Rashford and Mkhitaryan needed to come on. ****ing amazing end

lostboi likes this.
  18. theevilreddevil

theevilreddevil Well-Known Member

Rival fans can **** off. don't this picture make you smile lol
    please log in to view this image

glazerfodder and HRH Custard VC like this.
  19. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Whether it's his personal life or whatever, Martial has to take a spell on the bench and get his head right. He just seems to have his mind elsewhere and was always a yard off the pace yesterday. No great loss if we can bring Rashford into the starting line-up - what an awesome attacking formation that would be. Glimmers of improvement from Rooney but I would like to see Mikki get a full game right from the start.

20. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Credit where it's due. Rooney had a very good game. But for some great defending he could have scored and assisted a couple of goals at least.

I've always said you credit Rooney and criticise when aporopriate. If he continues to play like he did yesterday he'll have a good season.