1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

USA GP Chat and Predictions, The Penultimate Showdown.

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by EternalMSC, Nov 7, 2012.

?

Kimi kept his foot in last time out. Can he do it again?

Poll closed Nov 15, 2012.
  1. Sebastian Vettel

31.3%
  2. Fernando Alonso

28.1%
  3. Kimi Raikkonen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Mark Webber

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Lewis Hamilton

25.0%
  6. Jenson Button

9.4%
  7. Felipe Massa

3.1%
  8. Nico Rosberg

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Romain Grosjean

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Sergio Perez

3.1%
  11. Other< Kobayashi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SgtBhaji

SgtBhaji Well-Known Member

It really makes the haul through Kansas worth it. :)

And Zero... I am seriously jealous of you living there. I absolutely love it! My sister in-law lives there and her back porch looks on to Pikes Peak. It is truly breathtaking. I'm just waiting for my company to open an office up there. :p

2. Max Whiplash

Max Whiplash Well-Known Member

When I lived in Northern France, Belgium was my life-saver! They have friendly people and Brussels.

BTW, that mooning smiley is gross!

3. ZER0

ZER0 Member

See I really want to go Australia, but I'm a huge arachnophobe as well so I'm a little bit put off by that

4. ZER0

ZER0 Member

I'm jealous of your sister-in-law too, that'd be awesome! Hopefully your company does, Colorado is an amazing place to live.

5. SgtBhaji

I would totally dig that... of all the states that I have visited, Colorado is hands down my favorite.

6. RoadRunner

RoadRunner Well-Known Member

It doesn't help when you know it's in the lounge room and you try to open up some windows without going near it to get it out. I sealed up my room (or I thought I had) just in case that thing decided to follow me from one end of the house to the other, and I kept looking up every minute or so expecting to see it. Somehow it actually slid through the tiniest gap in my door like paper. So I grabbed the spare key, jumped out the window (and left it open) and didn't go into my room for about a week or so afterwards. Two weeks later and I haven't seen it, still **** scared it's in some dark corner of the room.

As for size, a lot of people say roughly the size of a dinner plate. Goes a fair way to explaining why it can eat birds.

7. RoadRunner

Well bird-eaters are stupidly rare, especially on the coast where I live, but huntsmans and other less dangerous ones are a pretty common sight. Doesn't mean I'd go near with one with a flamethrower but still...

8. cosicave

cosicave Well-Known Member

Utah is pretty interesting too &#8211; if you can just accept that some of their residents really took the idea of 'Promised Land' a bit far (in my opinion). Then again, if they came via Kansas, no wonder they felt saved&#8230;

Joking apart, Utah is full of the most magnificent scenery: a bit like a cross between Colorado and Arizona (which shouldn't be too surprising I suppose!). Just avoid Salt Lake City unless you really get the religious bit&#8230;

9. ZER0

ZER0 Member

Fair enough about the bird-eaters, but I'd still be terrified with all the other spiders lurking around. I'll take a flamethrower, at least then I could fight them all off <laugh>

10. ZER0

ZER0 Member

I haven't been to Utah in a long time, but it is quite beautiful there as well. Don't know how much I could handle the religious bits though, I'd probably stay clear of all that

11. JonnyBaws

JonnyBaws Well-Known Member

Thank God for good'ole Blighty.. This wonderful Isle of ours maybe home of crap weather but the resident spiders here don't scare the crap out of me! I can live with that compromise!

12. SgtBhaji

Bloody Hell!!! I'd be calling somebody in to deal with that. I'm nervous if I have to deal with a tarantula... I don't think I'd quite cope dealing with one that big. *gulp*

13. JonnyBaws

JonnyBaws Well-Known Member

14. Forza Bianchi

Forza Bianchi Well-Known Member

15. RoadRunner

Yeah, we got ahold of the landlord straight afterwards (we've only recently moved in here!), he's supposed to be coming down here for inspection soon, he said exactly the same thing as me, they are rare as all hell. Hopefully he can sort this out but I don't know what he can really do. Scariest bastards ever. I'd seen them in pictures but it doesn't compare to real life. Not even close :emoticon-0145-shake

16. SgtBhaji

I recommend a shotgun. :)

17. BrightLampShade

BrightLampShade Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Random race picture :)

please log in to view this image

18. EternalMSC

EternalMSC Well-Known Member

Last bit of success the Hamilton fans will have, no wonder Bright is savouring it.

19. Delete Me

Delete Me Well-Known Member

To be honest this would be my favourite Hamilton win eventhough he pipped Seb to the finish.

You could see how much it meant to him when his helmet was shaking by screaming out Alonso style, when he got out the car he was exploding!

Seb clapping him when they crossed the line was class though, both knew they gave everything that day, nothing seperated them and were in a completly different league to anybody else that weekend.

20. BrightLampShade

BrightLampShade Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Depends on how you define success, my expectations are about to be lowered <laugh>