1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

"Unity" march to STTV on 4 March

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by User deleted as requested, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

I don't see why we have to go 'as a forum'. We are a bunch of Charlton fans who talk about the club we love on here. If people want to go they should, and those who prefer to watch the Northampton match should go there instead. I do resent the sniping at the protestors. There hasn't been a change of faces that I'm aware of. Some people left the protests and the club and have simply gone. But I imagine quite a few of the protestors who were in the car park were also on other protests. And the whole Everitt/Prague Addick/ whoever else is just a cul de sac. Who cares what they are doing? The only people who win from a squabble amongst the fans is RD and KM: I've never met this Everitt guy, and probably never will- when I go to the Valley, I go with other mates, watch the match and then slouch off to the pub for beer, and these personalities pass me by. It doesn't matter. It's a protest in Roland's back yard, and he's said very clearly he doesn't like it. Good! We don't like him. So if you have the money and the free time, go and do it. It doesn't matter who is on the baracades next to you!

Ponders Revisited likes this.
  2. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Well said, Super. ITTV is pro-Roland, CL is anti-Roland, Not606 is a discussion forum, where we respect opinions different from our own.

3. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

I had absolutely no idea what his last post was on about, but took it as a pop at me for some reason.

4. User deleted as requested

Ken - there hasn't been a change of faces, because many of the younger Charlton fans who sat in the North Upper and joined the original car park protests, have given up. I have seen these fans twice this season - at Millwall away and Southend away. Unless you are going every week surely it is hard to tell ? ( and that is not a dig, BTW). Duchatelet is not going to bat an eyelid when Joe Read and 100 middle aged middle class folk stand out STTV's stadium booing. The whole episode is about the self aggrandisement and self promotion of a handful. Yet again.

Ken Shabby likes this.
  5. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

As ken says - why do thing's have to have tags. Why can't charlton fans just go to belgium?

Why cant it be charlton fans started the protests after leeds or the massive (forget the order)?

It all sounds very precious.

6. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

I never take your arguements as a dig Nigel. And yes, on here I take it as read that my commens are always viewed as from someone who is commenting from a great distance. But the general view is that RD continues to be useless (the ongoing presence of Daisy as CEO tells a clear tale of his views of what has gone wrong at the Valley) so in my view the protests are legitimate. This one will need numbers, and I reckon your estimate og 100 hardy souls is probably about right. But maybe 100 middle class folk travelling to humiliate him in his back yard is better than 50. Or none. If I had a better idea, or still lived in south east London, I would offer ideas or my presence. I can't do either, but I'm not going to knock those who can. And again, while the megaphone epsode sounded cringeworthy, I'm not too fussed who goes - I'm just happy they are prepared to do ity.

7. ForestHillBilly

Not being a mind-reader, I don't know what anyone else's motives are, but for me it's about trying to bring the protest to a big enough number to embarrass Roland. If it fails, it fails, and ITTV will have a field day, but for those who want Roland out it's well worth a try.

Ken Shabby likes this.
  8. User deleted as requested

once the play offs have gone, I would like to see our fans organise to get some home matches abandoned.

Enough of the Phoney War.

Sisu Out have presented CARD with a massive dilemma on 14 April - good on them.

Addickted2TheReds likes this.
  9. ForestHillBilly

AS soon as the proposed boycott was announced the ITTV posters all rushed to say "I'm going", which shows they want to back not just Roland but any sh1t owners. And undermine any protest at any club. Unbelievable.

Ponders Revisited and Ken Shabby like this.
  10. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

The opening line is not going to happen, you know that.

11. User deleted as requested

What, you think we WiLL make the play offs <laugh>

12. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Had a chance to look at the Facebook page today, it's sad to see so many now appearing to accept what's going on at the club.

There's definitely a divide within the fan base, more so than the start of the season when signings were being made.

13. User deleted as requested

3,000 pro RD
    3,000 anti RD
    20,000 anti RD but given up

14. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

How anyone is pro RD is beyond me.

Don't understand the acceptance of failure. Tells you a lot about the person.

15. User deleted as requested

Essex Al's posts on Charlton Life today are indicative of that mindset.

These people wouldn't muster a collective fart in protest if Charlton went down to League 2.

16. ForestHillBilly

When the Pro-Roland lot rushed to align themselves with SISU they set themselves apart from fans everywhere.

17. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Trolls.

18. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

Reams is only pro the Club at the moment because he wants to keep Meire sweet. No matter what the Club does, Bexleyboy makes an excuse for them. It seems that these apologists don't care that we are halfway up the third division with a debt of 50M and with gates between 8000 to 10000. They keep banging on about the Play offs. What excuse will they make when we don't reach them?

19. Ponders Revisited

Ponders Revisited Well-Known Member

I demand we meet with the board forthwith.

20. User deleted as requested

While back in the real world, the real fans are still not buying it.
    Despite the free coaches last week, we only took 466 to Bolton.
    Tomorrow v Fleetwood the crowd will be a shocker - the real crowd that is.
    7,000- 8,000.